Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Straight (Zoe)
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Rigid Ebony Wand with Acromantula Web Core
There were few places in the castle where Theodore felt at ease now, and being outside wasn't really much better. Any moment, he could run into his brother with his accusatory gaze. But Theodore knew that problem would follow him everywhere, even into their bedroom. So he just had to hope Edmund had different plans today and stick to what he had been doing, which was mostly keeping to himself. The holidays had been horribly awkward, and neither he nor Edmund had been willing to tell their parents exactly what had happened between them. But of course their parents knew that something had been up, as they had barely spoken in the weeks at home. Now they were back at Hogwarts, and things didn't seem any different than before. Theodore had found an empty bench outside was reading a book, hoping that it would distract him from his sadness for a little while. He also hoped that he might run into Zoe. As much as he hated to admit it, he had kind of missed her.

Analei was excited for the next semester to begin. This term she had significantly less classes than she had the previous semester, though she was still sure she'd drop a few of them the following year; she just needed to discuss what classes she needed to become an Auror with Professor Pratt, but she hadn't seen the lady around much recently. But, as Analei's saying went, it was never too early to start studying. Charms was one that caused her a little bit of difficulty at times, and she knew that one was definitely one she'd need to be an Auror, so she took her textbook and went outside, a place always much more peaceful to read than the Common Room. Glancing around the Courtyard, her eyes spotted a familiar face. She hadn't seen Edmund since the Yule Ball, but it had been a good night. With a smile, Analei made her way over to the boy, taking a seat next to him. "Hey Edmund, how was your break?"

Theodore could usually count on being left alone, though he knew some of the reputation he and his brother had was gone without Edmund by his side. They were probably more intimidating together, but he knew how to scowl and keep people at a distance on his own as well. So when someone sat down next to him, he shot her a look, surprised and annoyed by her sudden intrusion into his personal space. That annoyance only grew when she called him his brother's name. It was an easy mistake to make, he knew, but it felt too close to what had happened with Diana, which was painful to think about now. "Are you stupid?" He asked the blond girl with a glare. "I'm not Edmund. And who are you? You're not friends with him." He didn't like this at all. Diana had been bad enough, and now a perky blond girl? What was Edmund doing? And why did all these girls like him? Theodore gave her a disgusted look, and pointedly scooted to the side to create more distance between them.

The words that came out of Edmund's mouth made Analei flinch, wondering if perhaps he didn't enjoy the Ball as much as she did, maybe he didn't want to be seen with her? But the boy continued to speak, and his attitude made sense. He was Theodore. Edmund's words of him being not a nice person immediately sprang back to mind, and the boy was easily proving the words true. Analei raised an eyebrow when Theodore said she wasn't friends with Edmund. She had to let out a short laugh when he scooted away from her. "Perhaps if you were a nicer person, you'd be talking to your brother, and you'd know that we are friends. But unfortunately, you're just as horrible as everyone says you are." Analei said, shaking her head. She wasn't going to leave though, she felt as if that would be letting him win. Instead, she opened her book, and tried to concentrate on the words in front of her.

Theodore expected the girl to be flustered, or at least upset. He hoped his harsh words would make her leave, but she didn't. He stared at her silently for a moment when she laughed, frowning at her rudeness. "I do talk to my brother." He lied, figuring she couldn't know better. "And he never talks about you. You must just be deluding yourself." He said with a small huff. He was annoyed to hear her say everyone said he was horrible, though he didn't know why it bothered him. Wasn't that what he wanted people to think about him? He frowned as she opened her book, giving her a hostile glare now. "What are you doing? Go away." He told her, a little offended that she would just sit here and read after what he said to her. Didn't she get that he wanted to be left alone?

Analei felt her heart sink when Theodore said Edmund never spoke about her, but she tried to not let it show on her face. She didn't think the two brothers were talking, but Theodore was the twin, he obviously knew more. She thought that Edmund would've mentioned her, maybe not if he didn't enjoy the Yule Ball, but she should have even just for the Piano lessons. She tried to remember that he was just a bully, one who pretended to be his brother and dump his girlfriend, but the words still hurt.
It was a struggle to concentrate on the words in her book, with Theodore's words playing around in her head, but his real voice made her look up at him, a small smile playing on her face when he told her to go away. Analei shook her head. "Nope. I'm allowed to sit here if I want to." Analei stated, still forcing the smile on her face. "And I want to." She said, a bite to her tone. She definitely wanted to if it was going to irritate him.

Theodore grit his teeth as the girl refused to leave. She was very annoying, and he couldn't believe Edmund was actually her friend. He glanced at her sideways, scowling. "Are you always this annoying? I don't want you here." He snapped, though he doubted it would do much good. He frowned, thinking it over. "Don't tell me you're trying to become my brother's next girlfriend. She found out what a mistake that was, and I bet it'll be easier for him to make you cry than her." He snapped, hoping it would upset her. She didn't know Edmund hadn't actually done that himself, so maybe it would scare her off. If he wanted any chance at getting his brother back, the last thing he needed were more girls distracting Edmund.

Analei's eyebrows furrowed when Theodore called her annoying. He was the one being rude and mean, he should be amazed that someone would even want to bother being in his company - even if she was only doing it to annoy him. The thought brought a small smirk onto her face. It disappeared quickly enough, when Theodore asked if she was trying to become his girlfriend. That was such a weird way to put it, and Analei didn't like it. She just liked spending time with him, and if he decided he wanted to kiss her, well, she was fine with that. Analei let out a snort when he said Edmund had made his last girlfriend cry, and raising an eyebrow, she turned to face the boy again. "From what I've heard, Theodore, that was you. Probably because you're jealous that your brother is so much more likable than you are. And if you have a problem with me being here, then you can leave." She finished, doing a small shooing movement with her hand. It wasn't entirely hard to get under Analei's skin, and she knew she shouldn't really be winding up Edmund's brother, but she couldn't help it.

Theodore was watching the girl from the corner of his eye, trying to see if his words were having any sort of effect without looking like he cared. The girl snorted, which wasn't a good sign. That usually wasn't what people did when he upset them with his words. Theodore froze as Analei spoke, and he immediately forgot to pretend not to care about what she thought. He turned to her, frowning angrily. "What? Who told you that?" He asked, annoyed and dismayed that this was apparently common knowledge. Had the word really spread that fast? That Diana girl must have told everyone when she found out. But she also didn't' seem happy with Edmund. It had surprised Theodore a little that she hadn't immediately sunk her claws into his brother again, but it seemed like he had at least managed to permanently wreck that relationship. The cost of losing his brother hadn't been worth it, though. "And I'm not going anywhere. I was here first." He insisted, not caring that he sounded childish even to his own ears.

Analei couldn't help but smirk when Theodore asked who told her. It felt nice to have something to hold over his head, seeing as he was Edmund's twin, he probably had a lot more to hold over her head. She locked eyes with him and leaned forward. "A little birdie." She whispered, before leaning back and looking at her book again, a smile on her face. She was enjoying this far too much. Analei wasn't even taking in any of the words of the book, but she flicked the page over as if she was, hoping it would irritate the boy more. In the back of her mind, she knew this was not how to get into Edmund's good books, but she pushed the thought away, letting herself enjoy herself instead. Analei shrugged her shoulders when Theodore said he wasn't going anywhere. "Well, I'm not going anywhere either sunshine, so it looks like we're going to have to learn to enjoy each others company." She said, flicking another page over.

The smirk on the girl's face infuriated Theodore, and he glared at her more intensely. Surely, she couldn't mean that Edmund had told her. But that was exactly what he feared, and as she leaned forward he couldn't help leaning in slightly to hear what she would say. Her answer, however, was even more infuriating. And Theodore reeled back, angry that he had fallen for this. "Bullsh*t. Why say anything if you're just going to lie?" He snapped, his cheeks flushed pink in anger and embarrassment. This girl was horrible, and she didn't even have the decency to look horrible so people knew what to expect. He wanted to leave, but it was a matter of pride now. He glared at the girl when she said she wasn't going anywhere, and pulled a face. "I don't have to enjoy anything." He snapped. "Especially not your company. You're awful." He looked away, determined to ignore her now. Maybe that would annoy her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back