Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Pan
Wand
Knotted 10 1/2 Inch Sturdy Applewood Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Michael was surrounded by people already having dates to the Yule Ball. He did relatively well on the dating front, going with his friend during his third year to a dance and then dating his ex Gemma for a while last year. But long distance wasn't really good for either of them so he broke up with her when he found out his family was moving. So far, his romantic life hadn't been something he was focusing on, but it seemed like most people his age were not going stag. He had thought about the friends he had made so far and wondered if Kas might want to go with him. He wasn't sure if the Hufflepuff liked boys, but even if he didn't want to go with him in that way, he hoped that he'd still be willing to go as a friend. He made his way into the great hall at lunch, looking for his friend with his hands holding something large behind his back. He stood across from the boy once he found him. "Hey hey hey, Kas! Enjoying your lunch?"

Summer time was looming closer and Kas was already mentally preparing himself for having to deal with both the incoming hot weather and exam induced meltdowns that were going to start hitting the school soon. He was just mulling over the pros and cons of throwing himself in the lake if it got too annoying when Michael appeared in his peripheral vision looking oddly excited about something. "I guess so, though I'm not as excited as you are about it.." He said slowly, squinting at Michael and whatever it was he was trying to hold behind his back.

Michael gave a reserved laugh to himself at Kas' response and then scrunched up his nose a bit. He wasn't one to normally be nervous, especially about something as simple like asking a boy to a dance. But things had changed now that he was at a new school. The dynamic between him and other students was different; he no longer had clout. At the same time, that never stopped him before.

Michael cleared his throat as he kept his hands holding the large surprise behind his back. "Well, hopefully you be excited after this!" he said with the energy of imaginary jazz hands as he took a step closer to table. He began speaking at a volume that didn't fill the whole great hall but was definitely loud enough that others around him would notice.

"Gryffindor is red, Hufflepuffs are yellow
You seem like a mighty fine fellow
The Yule Ball’s approaching, the Hall they’ll soon be enhancing
I was wondering if you’d like to go dancing
I love dragons, and I think you lied about liking felines
But I do think going to the ball with you would be kinda fine
So say yes or say no, but here’s a card
Go with me so I stop talking like Beedle the Bard."

After he finished the poem, he pulled the humoursly large card from behind his back that read "YULE BALL?" in large red letters. He wasn't sure if Kas would enjoy his poem, but he hoped he would at least humor him.

Kas kept his face neutral was Michael ramped to to whatever it was he was up to. Living in Hogwarts, Kas preferred to keep his looks of surprise for things that really warranted it. If you looked shocked at every wonky hex or book that blew up, you'd be too tired for the really weird stuff. That being said, Kas had not been ready for Michael to launch into a loud rendition of some kind of poem. A poem to ask him out.

At least this time Michael was being a bit more direct, Kas supposed. He could feel the conflicting emotions of flattery and mortification battling to take control of his face and he wasn't sure which was winning. After a pointed pause for Kas to process, where he mostly just looked blankly at Michael's large "YULE BALL?" card, Kas cleared his throat. "I will go with you on one condition," He managed. "You never, ever, write me a poem again," He said gravely. "If I hear so much as a rhyming couplet, I'm out."

Michael could tell that the poem had not been the greatest idea when Kas didn't respond right away. But how could he not be his genuine self when asking someone out? He held his awkward grin a little too long as the card waited for Kas to take hold. When the Hufflepuff finally responded positively, Michael gave a big sigh and dropped the card on the table in front. "Thank god. I was worried I'd have to write another poem to win your favor," he replied with a smirk. He took a seat across from Kas and grabbed a piece of bread. "But I'll just have to amp up my dance moves so you'll know you made the right choice."

Kas eyed Michael's frankly obnoxiously large yule ball card as he dropped it on the table, considering if he wanted to try and take it or not. Having it laying around made for amazing joke potential, but Kas wasn't entirely sure he wanted to ever relive this moment. And he wasn't very good at prop humour anyway. "Next time just buy me something. It's a lot easier and you don't even need a thesaurus," He said, feeling the beginnings of a smile now that Michael had sat down and some of the people around them seemed to be getting bored now that the main spectacle had ended. "I know a great dance move called the Hungarian Horntail. It's when I set you on fire for embarrassing me at the school dance," Kas said brightly. Honestly, as much as Kas was cringing inwardly, he still couldn't help but feel warily excited about actually going to the dance with someone. The previous years he'd just written it off as some boring event where no one knew how to dress themselves, but going with Michael might actually prove to be fun.

Michael was glad Kas seemed to humor him and shrugged. "They always say homemade gifts are the most personal," he said jokingly. He knew his plans were a little bit much for some, but everyone at his old school was charmed by his antics. Plus, he did want to impress Kas with his charisma or whatever you might call Michael's special aura. He laughed at Kas and ruffled his hair a little. "As long as I'm burning you, kiddo," he teased and then looked at his card. "I think you should hang that for everyone to see."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back