A Change In Surname

Cyndi smiled broadly as Estrella seemed excited for her. When her friend joked about telling everyone, she merely laughed because she knew her friend wouldn't tell unless she wanted her to.

As another girl approached them, Cyndi smiled at the girl who introduced herself as Katerina. She took her hand and shook it. "I'm Cyndi, nice to meet you." she said pleasantly to the girl. She figured that Katerina was about their age, if not the same exact age. Turning back to Estrella, Cyndi asked, "Has the ministry been after you and Jaken to accept positions with them?"

Kat was standing hand in hand with Sumner enjoying the party and laughing with everyone else. Happening to glance back she saw Chace and Andy standing very close...too close for her personal liking. She swallowed back the lump that formed in her throat and her nostrils flared slightly. Shaking her head slightly Kat looked at Sumner and said, "I think I'm going to head back up to the house. I have a little bit of a headache and think I'm going to lie down." Guilt filled her as she said this to him, but she'd sort this out later, when she had the time to get away and think. She tiptoed up and kissed him lightly before walking back alone to the house her head whirling with a million thoughts.

Lily laughed as Luke questioned apparition. "Sorry, I forget that you are not in all of this. Apparition license for wizards is like getting a drivers license for a muggle. But it allows us to literally pop from place to place in the world. Kinda nice." Looking around quickly, she wondered where Blake had popped off to. "So, how's life been treating you?" She wasn't really sure what to talk about with Luke, but felt like she was in a safe spot with Blake no where to be spotted and Ford lurking about the party.

Chace smirked as he stepped further into the water. He shook his head. "Nope- the water's just fine." The Slytherin was still toying with the idea of splashing her, but he didn't want to piss her off. The last thing he wanted to do on this occasion was be the perpetrator of negativity. And besides, she was wearing a pretty dress. It clung to her form quite nicely... The sixteen year old snapped himself back to reality. Staring back at Andromeda, he focused on her strange eyes and willed himself not to look downward.

He wasn't sure how to react as the girl shrieked and fell into him. The close proximity was nerve wracking- and exciting, though he would not admit it. He didn't pull away. Masking any wayward emotions with his own amusement, he murmured, "Big Bad Seaweed Takes Down the Lioness?" His green eyes sparkled with mirth. "Sounds like a good article for the Gossip Magazine."

Luke shook his head and grinned. Popping from place to place? He decided it was better to just drop the subject before he confused himself further. Jamming his hands into his pockets, he looked out over the water. The ocean had always bewildered him. Sure, he'd been to places like Lake Superior where you couldn't see anything but water across it, but this was different. There, you knew where the end was. The Pacific threatened to swallow you up if you even dared to look at it. "How's life treating me?" he said softly. "Well, I'm currently surrounded by beautiful women, so I'd say things are just peachy."

Andy laughed as she held on to him glancing down at the seaweed while trying to shake it off with her foot. She looked back up at him a smile spread across her face, her eyes almost dancing with mirth.
"Oh we are very quick today aren't we?" the close proximity to Chace was beginning to do things to her insides she had only thought possible when she had been with Bruin. This was whole new territory for her realizing that she could behave a certain way without any emotions involved.

"How about lioness takes down snake?" she didn't know where she got the nerve from or why she even did it in the first place but Andromeda Fiorelli didn't have very far to move as she leaned her head and kissed Chace. Unlike the one in the dungeon where it had been a pure adrenaline push for him to make him do it and whereby she had never responded, Andy knew there was no excuses here. There were no recriminations to be had, they were both single, no ties to anyone. Her lips were soft and pliant as her hands slowly moved up to snake gently around his neck. The slightest moan escaped her as she eventually pulled back from him, licking her lips as she did so and unable to wipe the huge smile from her face.

"Why Chace Harker, I do believe you can kiss" she teased.

Lily blushed and was grateful for the cover of the night to disguise it. Luke was always a flirt, and she knew it, but he also knew she was younger than his cousin. She felt comfortable around him, kind of like a big brother, but yet not. She smiled at him, then giggled. "You still living in Minnesota or did you get stationed someplace else?" she asked, not sure if Luke was still in the Army or not. He had just gotten done with Basic Training when she last saw him. Lily heard bits and pieces from Estrella but Luke was not a big communicator via owl - it was a bit odd for him - and Estrella didn't have a phone to use to call him. "I really haven't heard too much since I was at your house."

Sumner watched Kat walk away, confusion plain on his face. His eyes followed where she'd been looking and saw Andy kiss Chace. His lip curled and he fought the urge to just start running and tackle that snake. Unease settled within him. He needed physical activity to take away the sudden urge to rip someone's face off. Toeing off his shoes and socks, he whipped off his shirt and jeans. Dressed in aqua blue trunks, he ran and dove into the water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back