Open 2050 NYE Party!

Sophie arrived at Geo's party together with her boyfriend, looking around for any familiar face from her time at school. She knew Geo, and recognized Austin from Hogwarts Monthly, but besides them and her old roommate, there weren't many people from Hogwarts here. James Cade was also someone she remembered vaguely, as he had been a few years above her, but he had been on the Quidditch team. That much she did remember. Sophie noticed Geo seemed to be busy, and felt a little too awkward to approach anyone she didn't know very well. She waved at Geo, then glanced at Gabriel, hovering near him for now.

@Gabriel Rosenberg
Godmod approved

Gabriel had no idea what to think of the party where he went to with Sophie. He knew some people and he had heard of the people, but it wasn't like they were his friends. But he figured it was nice to go to a party with his girlfriend. Things were well for them, he did his thing at the quidditch team and Sophie had made it into the Daily Prophet, he was really proud of her. He went along with Sophie and smiled to her as they entered. '' Nice. A party together.'' He than asked Sophie. He took her hand for a moment and than looked at her. '' Is Geo a good friend of yours?'' He than asked and didn't exactly remembered how good the girls knew eachother. He had seen them together for sure at school. Gabriel looked around to see if he saw familliar faces as well.

Geo listened with interest as Phoebe spoke about the parties, and how her friend hadn't be able to make them. She knew not everyone was around during the holidays, but Geo was glad that Phoebe was able to come to this one now. Hearing that the former Ravenclaw was an Unspeakable, Geo knew she wasn't going to be able to ask many questions at all, since her friend wouldn't exactly be able to answer them without going against her rules. "That's awesome! Maybe I'll get to see you around the Ministry more," she replied with a smile, knowing one more person that she'd be able to nag on her lunch breaks especially. She glanced across to Solomon, "Not exactly. He's just a friend, but the resemblance is uncanny," she smirked, hearing the door open again and looking across the room to see Sophie. She'd been one of her closest friends at Hogwarts, even if they hadn't got off to the greatest start at the beginning, and waved across the room to her. She'd brought.. Gabriel with her? Last time she'd seen Gabriel properly was a few years ago, although Geo didn't think the pair actually got along. Maybe she was wrong. Looking through the group, Geo was glad to see that it seemed as though everyone was enjoying themselves, and the Auror moved through the kitchen to start heating up some more snacks.

It was a last minute decision for the woman to make an appearance at the party. It was so kind of Geo to send an invite, even to remember her. This was the reason why Danielle arrived at the doorstep. She had brought a bottle of Italian wine from her hometown as a present for Geo and Austin. She wondered who else was there. Thankfully, her morning sickness decided to take a break for the holidays or else she would be curled up in bed with crackers and water. She gingerly came in, admiring the house interior while a bit surprised that there were people already there. She had sent word to her husband that she had arrived safely and would inform him when she needed to be picked up. Damien was fussy about her current state but supportive enough to let her go on her own.

Last edited:
Aion couldn't help but smile when James told him about his three daughters. It seemed as though they were in the same boat. "So, you're making the most of tonight, right?" he chuckled, knowing full well he was while he was here. Even though he'd be back home before midnight he had to cherish the hours away from the girls when he could get it. He loved them more than anything in the world and nothing would change that, but it was amazing to get a chance to himself every now and again to just be himself. "No, I didn't know that," he admitted, a little surprised that Maddie had written a book, and wondering if he'd be able to buy himself a copy. She'd been just as into magical creatures as he was while at school, so was very intrigued to find out what she'd discovered. "I'll have to keep an eye out for it," he grinned, turning his head when more people came in, although he didn't recognise any of them. At least, that was until a brunette appeared in the doorway. Aion and Cyan had been invited to Danielle's wedding, and while it had been an interesting experience that kept his hands full, it was like there was a full reunion happening in the building today.

As more people entered the room, Geo put down what she was doing, handing over the reigns to her other half, and glided across the floor to first give Sophie a hug. She knew the girl wasn't the most keen on physical affection so kept it short, before giving one to Gabriel too. She had to at least try to get to know the former Gryffindor a little better, especially now if Sophie and he were somewhat of an item. "Help yourself to drinks, there's snacks on the table and there should be some more soon," she said, shooting a glance to Austin. "I'm glad you came," she smiled to her friend, just before another brunette walked in. "Dani?" Geo hadn't seen her former housemate and quidditch team mate for years, although she was delighted that she'd come along too. "Hey! How have you been?" she asked, welcome them all to come further in. Perhaps she should have done full introductions?

Danielle smiled, almost in relief, when Geo found her. She may have seen familiar faces but was not yet able to see see clearly who was who in the room. She moved to approach the former housemate. "Thanks for the invite.", she presented her gift. "A simple gift from us.", she stated. "Your house is beautiful. I love it.", she mused. "I have been doing great. Considering work and this.", she subtly touched her still flat tummy. She was not yet showing as she was still in her second month.

Last edited:
As Geo was presented with a box of wine, she was a little shocked to have received it. "That's so kind of you!" she smiled at the woman, not having ever been gifted with something so.. fancy before. As Dani touched her stomach, she realised both what she was referring to, and the rings on her finger. "Oh wow, congratulations!" she exclaimed, always happy to hear when someone was expanding their family. Geo loved to be around kids and it was one of the reasons she'd gone into the field she worked in. Dani was always so kind to her, and the former Hufflepuff looked around the room to see if she could point her in the direction of anyone she might know. "This is Sophie and Gabriel, they were in my year at school. Over in the corner is Rebeca, she works with me as an Auror. I'm not sure who she's talking to. He's one of Aion's friends but I've not met him properly yet. Do you know Aion? And James?" she peered back to the brunette, wondering who would have been in her year at Hogwarts. "Do let me or Austin know if we can get you anything!" she added, pointing out her boyfriend across the room, although she should have known him too from the team. "There's plenty of non-alcoholic drinks on the counter," she grinned.

Syrus pulled up by Geo's flat, cutting the engine to his mother's red volvo. He jingle the keys out of the ignition and turn to his girlfriend, Rama. "Ready to go inside? See what Geo been up to these days?" Syrus prays she was in a better mood tonight. That they can put their differences aside for the time being while they try to have a good time with some of their former schoolmates. "Come on," Syrus climbs out the driver's seat, jumping over to open the passenger side door. "Let's go in, babe."
@Rama Mowry

Danielle blushed but accepted her thanks. Thankfully, the hostess looked around and pointed out the familiar faces. Now that she was already steady and got acquainted with the place, Danielle could already spot them well. She recognized some of the younger faces, glad to see them all grown up and happy in their careers. When Geo pointed out Aion, her face brightened up. Despite hearing James' name which was not really a problem to the woman, she was glad to know a more than familiar face."Aion, yep, I know him. And James.", she smiled at Geo. "Go on, entertain the others.", she gently nudged the girl. Austin was on the team back in Hogwarts. At the mention of non-alcoholic drinks, she smiled. "If there is any strawberry juice, I'll fix myself a glass. Thank you Geo.", she reached for the girl's hand to squeeze it. She slowly made her way to the drinks and eventually found what she was craving for. After fixing herself a glass, she decided to make another before making her way to @Aion Zephyr."Great to see you here, Aion.", she offered a glass to him.

Last edited:
Willow didnt know what to feel since the ball. Noelle had proposed to her like propper promised and she had said no. then he had been the one comforting her. he really was far to good for her but some how he had decided to stick around. no he deserved someone better than her. someone who wouldn't hesitate to say yes when asked to marry him. she had been moping about during the holidays until one of the guys she ad worked with asked if she was going to geo's party. She knew geo but that weren't particularly close. so she hadn't been planning on it but maybe a party was exactly what she needed seing as she had screwed up the last one. as she reached the house she entered and saw a few familiar faces around though not many who were as young as her. She past @Solomon and nodded "Hey" she said they weren't close but they worked together and if someone get picked on more than her it was him. by then she was looking around the main room. she saw the hostess she seemed busy greeting people she walked over "Hey @Geo, it's a nice place you have here" she said smiling towards the girl. they had never been close but they had both been prefects together and she could not forget the conversation they had had after the news story about werewolf hunters had broken and she had freaked out. she turned around again to see a familiar face. Stilinski. long time no see. how are you" she said smiling wide and putting her arms around the boy, well now man, who had been her mentor on the quidditch team and like a big brother to her the last few years.

Being out of school had left Norton thinking that celebrations like the Yuleball, were much a thing of the past. He’d swapped the formal parties of Hogwarts for a different sort of teenager, university party. He didn’t even mind it, but he did miss having the opportunity to really get dressed up and spend time with his girlfriend. Leaving school for them at least hadn’t altered much, he was happy for the little space they’d both given each other as they figured out life, where they hadn’t just jumped straight into moving in together before they new a little bit about what they were doing, but Norton was studying astronomy, working in the book store and April was the greatest quidditch player on the greatest team, he was looking forward to moving in together in the new year, knowing he felt calm and keen for their future together with very few worries about what form it would take. He held April’s hand lightly in his knowing his thumb moved on her palm without really thinking about it. He guided her into Geo’s party, smiling as he spotted people he’d known from school and ones he vaguely remembered. ”Do you want a drink?” he asked April leaning into her as he spoke, glancing over at the drinks that were laid out, perhaps she had something else in mind for how to start this celebration, this new years eve celebration.

James laughed at Aion's comment, it was true being a father to three girls was challenging and even more so given how often Maddie was out of the country but he wouldn't change it for the world. He loved all the time he got to spend with his babies and was grateful he had managed to do so despite his very demanding job. "I am for sure enjoying having the night off, between the girls and work they are few and far between but I'm lucky to have plenty of family support," James was pretty sure he was the only person who had the Deputy Minister for Magic as a babysitter.

Theo smiled as Rebecca told him about her own dogs, always excited to meet another animal lover. “Whats their name?” He asked curiously, wondering how she felt about having to leave them for long periods of time with work. “Well if you’re free maybe we could catch up?” He offered. He wasn’t sure what she would want to do but he was sure he could know something if she was going to stay for a bit longer. “I got here in November, although I had to make a few stops throughout New Zealand before I got here,” he explained. Theo was just making the most of being able to travel as much as he did without things to tie him down yet.

Family support was one thing that neither Aion or Cyan had much of. Between his own parents living in a different country, and Cyan no longer in contact with her father they had to manage the best they could. Aion was glad that James seemed to be happy in his situation though, and things were quite as tense between them as they once had been. It was quite refreshing to see this appreciative side of the former Gryffindor for a change. People were still joining the party although Aion wasn’t sure he knew any of the newcomers. “Hey, you too!” The man smiled to Dani, taking the glass and noting what it was. He eyed her suspiciously for a moment, not wanting to be rude but having a good idea what was going on with her. “Are you joining us?” He asked, stepping a little out of the way to make room for the brunette.

Dani was always so kind, and seemed to understand that she had to keep moving as much as she wanted to stand and talk for a while. Geo spotted Syrus and a woman she could only assume was his girlfriend. It was surreal seeing students that she’d not seen for so many years. When she’s returned to Hogwarts after her transfer year in Scotland, many students she’d known had graduated too which meant it had been even longer. She hadn’t gotten on with the former a Seeker when they’d first met, but they’d later become friendly with him so she was glad he’d joined them. Their next guests seemed to recognise him too, and Geo waved at Willow as she past her. The students had matured so much since she last lay her eyes on them. “Hey guys! Make yourselves comfortable!” She grinned, offering for them to come further in. Geos eyes lit up when another couple came through, and she threw her arms round Norton and April. Both had been friends of her and since they shared a house, she’d spent quite a bit of time with both. “I’m so glad you guys came!” She grinned, stepping back to let them get acquainted and any refreshments. Geo was getting more excited as every new guest turned up, and their house was buzzing with so much activity.

Becca wanted say thaf her dog name Luna. That word was nice and she know her husky dog was happy with the name. "Her name is Luna!" She smiled Theo and she finaly hear his words stay here a little longer and he asked cuch up it's that would be a date? "I would be love to catch up with you. What do you think about pizza?" She asked him with a smile and Becca loved somtimes eat pizza our donnats and her favorits was gummy bears. "Oh, wouw! Novemeber? It's a long time here! When you be free just write me phone!" Rebeca answered to him and drink her drink.

Danielle smiled at the men conversing. "Hello, James.", acknowledging the former Gryffindor. She took a sip of her juice while not noticing the look Aion gave her. She was quite glad to find a couple more familiar faces although it was only Aion she closely knew, plus the man also attended her wedding with Cyan and the kids. If there was anybody she could get comfortable, it would be him. "I am, of course. It was kind of Geo to invite me. I might not be staying long though." She still easily got tired and with the thought crossing her mind, she shifted her footing, her hand on her flat tummy. "How are Cyan and the kids?", she inquired. She found his kids to be adorable.

April had really missed the yule ball, and she was happy to have this party instead now that she had graduated Hogwarts. She knew Geo had always had her cliff party while at Hogwarts, but she had never been able to attend as she had always gone home for the holidays. Arriving with her boyfriend, April was happy to see a few familiar faces right off the bat. April had been glad to dedicate herself to dance after graduation, but it was a bit difficult to keep her connection to the magical world when she spent a lot of time int he muggle world these days. It was refreshing to be around wizards and witches again. April smiled brightly as she squeezed Norton's hand, glancing at him as he asked her a question. "Sure!" She said brightly. "We should say hi." She added, but then Geo approached them and April waved at her after Geo let them go. "Glad you invited us!" She said brightly. "How's the Auror training?"

Sophie smiled as Gabriel took her hand, and she lightly squeezed his hand in return. "Should be fun." She said, even as she scanned the room for someone familiar besides Geo. She nodded at Gabriel's next question. "We're pretty close." She said, though she didn't think they were best friends the way they had once used to be. But then Geo gave her a hug, and she quickly hugged her back. "Thanks." She said, as Geo explained about the snacks. But then Geo was distracted by someone else, and Sophie turned her attention back to Gabriel. "I'm going to guess she'll be busy all night. I kind of know her boyfriend though," she said, nodding at Austin. "We were on Hogwarts Monthly together." She wasn't sure if Austin would want to talk to her, as he seemed to be just as busy. Sophie was glad Gabriel was here with her, as at least she had someone to spend time with.

Geo didn't want anyone to feel as though she was ignoring them, and so was doing her best to at least have a small chat with as many people as possible. Her eyes lit up when April asked how training was going. It was no secret Geo thought, to anyone that she'd wanted to be an Auror when leaving school. She'd known it was her future career since before she'd even started at Hogwarts, but being able to talk about her job now that she had it was one of the most exciting things that she was definitely going to make use of at every chance she got. "It's amazing. It's everything I thought it would be and more, you know?" she said with a smile on her face as she thought about it. "It's so exciting. At the moment I'm still finding my feet of course, but then I have people like James who have been showing me the ropes." she continued, glancing across the room to Jess' older brother who had already helped her navigate her way through her tasks. She'd appreciated having someone she knew around while trying to understand what was now expected of her, but even when James told her of things that some people may have thought were boring for her role, like observing, Geo still found it all incredibly exciting. "What about you? Are you still dancing?" she asked, turning back to grin at her former roommate.

With Flavio’s life for the last year and a half taken up by working and being a father, social events such as the yule ball and valentine’s dance, or even a simple house party seemed like a distant memory from his Hogwarts days, one that Flavio never expected he would relive while he had so many other priorities to worry about. He had mostly resigned the idea of partying to be in his past, and was comfortable with that. Although he had to admit his feelings had changed when Geo invited him to a new year’s party, and he and November were surprisingly able to find a couple of their friends to babysit. Knowing his responsibilities would be taken care of and Miro was absolutely in safe hands, Flavio had no reason to refuse the opportunity to attend the party and see one of his closest friends again. He even extended the offer for November to join him, knowing she would also be free for the evening, thinking that now that everyone had graduated and moved on with their lives, facing the many stresses of adulthood, the issues November and Geo had experienced during Hogwarts were a thing of the past. Something everyone had maturely put behind them so they could all attend a party together and have fun in each other’s company. Thus as he and November arrived to the address they had been sent, Flavio wasn’t nervous at all for the night ahead. He walked into the house and scanned the people in the room, smiling as he recognized a few people, although Geo was who he was properly searching for. When he spotted her, he approached her and greeted her happily. “Geo! Hey!” He said, pulling Geo in for a quick hug, and pulling away a moment later to give November the chance to also say hello if she wanted.

willow was not quite sure what to do. most of the people here were no longer at school and while she recognised them it somehow felt like they were now living in different worlds. she decided to get a drink. obviously she was the only guest underage so her choice of drinks would be more limited than everyone elses. She was almost tempted to pick up something alcoholic and see what it was like but decided not to instead she went for a butterbeer. she also grabbed a handful of crisps. she had just bitten into an extremely crunchy one when she overheard one of the girls asking geo how auror training was going. she realised that she hadn't even known the girl that well in school as she hadn't realised that the older girl was planning the same career as she was. the thought that there may be more than a few Aurors in the room pulled her out of the bad mood she had been in since the ball. she was glad that she hadn't picked an alcoholic drink as she didn't want to embarrass herself in front of Aurors. "you're training to be an auror. wow. That is what i want to do after school. how hard is it to get in?" she asked not realising how she was butting into the conversation. no-one else was talking to her anyway so she may as well join at least one conversation.

@April Ward @Geovanna Volt

As Geo was chatting to her friends, she spotted another come through the door with a woman that Geo wasn’t entirely sure didn’t still dislike her, but was willing to put those issues to bed. She’d never had a problem with November and was happy she was here, and she just had to hope she felt the same. Her face lit up when Flavio pulled her into a hug, and she gripped him back tightly. For a few years Geo had barely been able to see her best friend, but now that they were both out of school, and she could spent time with Flavio and even got a chance to hang out with Miro if she was lucky. She planted a kiss on his cheek in greeting, before turning back at smiling to the former Hufflepuff. “Hey,” In an effort to at least show Geo had no hard feelings, she hugged November too. The more this evening went on, the more excited she was at all their friends being under one roof. Hearing Willows question over her shoulder, she turned her body a little to include the Gryffindor, who Geo was pleased to see was taking it sensibly that evening. “It’s amazing. You’re part of the SDA right?” She asked, unaware that Willow now led it but remembering her from the club, “It’s like you get to make use of all those practical skills. At least I will when I’m done with training,” she grinned, “You should be able to get in, long as you’ve got the NEWTs for it,” Willow still had a whole year before she had to worry about those though, but from what she knew of her she didn’t think the prefect would struggle too much.

“Excuse me,” she added quickly, reluctant to leave her friends but fearing that if she left her hosting duties for much longer then they would soon be out of beverages. Besides it would give them a chance to chat between themselves and maybe make new friends. The Auror cleaned up a handful of glasses, moving past the guests that were chatting amongst themselves now to keep the flow going. It wouldn’t be long until it struck midnight, and she had to make sure things were ready. Pouring out two new glasses of wine for a pair in the corner, Geo did her best to dodge in and out of the many people now filing their house, and restock their refreshments before they even realised they were running low, all while trying her best to pop her head into conversations as she passed them by.

The arrival of Dani brought and end to James and Aion bonding over their kids but James was curious to see what the sudden arrival of Aions...ex would bring, though James wasn't entirely sure Dani was his ex, had the pair actually dated? "Hi Dani, I hear you got married too welcome to the club, we have excellent cakes," James chuckled as he scanned the room. Despite knowing Geo since she was eleven there was little crossover between their social circles, though James did know some faces in the crowd there were a tonne he didn't know and best he could see Jess hadn't showed up yet. "Excuse me guys," James said as he spotted an overwhelmed looking Geo seemingly on the move to do another chore. James wasn't too bothered about mingling, helping Geo with her duties was still the break from dad duty he'd come to the party to get and she was easily his favourite person in that room. "Hey do you need some..." James had been about to ask but evidentally Geo hadn't seen him and instead of stopping she slammed into him causing her to spill her drink over herself. "Earth to Geo,"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back