Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Vine Wand with Chimera Scale Fragment Core
Lyra Potter smoothed out her dress as she looked in the mirror in her dorm room. It was a pretty, silver-grey dress that showed off her slender frame. Her hair was twisted up in a knot with a few strands loose around her face. She thought she looked rather pretty. Felix had asked her to accompany him to the dance once more since they had such a good time at the Halloween feast. It was certainly better than going alone, and Felix was her best friend. He never disappointed her when it came to a good time. She was excited for her first ever Yule Ball. She had heard so many wonderful things. Lyra left the Gryffindor House and headed down the steps to the ground floor.

The Gryffindor met her Hufflepuff friend at the bottom of the stairs, just like she had for the Halloween Feast before entering the Ball together. The Great Hall was spectacular, and Lyra's green eyes widened in surprise. She had spent many Christmases in London where the ground was covered in snow and the air was chilly. The Professors had managed to make the Great Hall look how Lyra thought Christmas was supposed to look despite the fact that it was summertime outside. Lyra smiled at all the girls in pretty dresses, and guys in suits. She grinned at Felix. "This is gorgeous!" she said, brightly. The Gryffindor girl scanned the room, looking for her other friends like Marcella, Silus, Falon, or even her twin.

Felix wasn't necessarily into the whole formal thing. He barely went to his primary school farewell and when he had he'd worn jeans and a nice shirt. However this year he'd asked Lyra to attend to and was hoping that maybe his sister would show up as well, as he'd mentioned to her that he'd be going. He'd actually put a little more effort so as not to look like an idiot alongside his best friend and that meant wearing a tie, despite not actually knowing how to do it up. He'd had to ask one of the older students to help him out, which he supposed wasn't too bad considering what could have happened. After all, he'd heard about what happened during the Halloween Feast and he kind of wished he could have been there to see his sister confront the person who'd given him a black eye. He'd had to step out for a moment though and had missed the whole thing.

Felix made his way down to the Great Hall, meeting Lyra at the bottom of the stairs and smiling at her dress. It was very pretty. He fixed her hair a little as they walked in and marvelled at the look of the place, as she did. "This never ceases to amaze me. Like, wow!" He looked around at the decorations and the dresses and suits that people were wearing. Some of the girls were wearing some dresses that he was sure their older dates would appreciate and he looked back at Lyra. "You look great by the way! Very pretty!" He told his best friend, looking around and wondering if either of his siblings were attending tonight.

Lyra nodded her head at her friend as he agreed with her, echoing her own thoughts out loud. "Seriously! It's so amazing! I wonder if it's like this every year?" the Gryffindor wondered. She suspected that it was, but time would tell. Felix complimented her dress, and Lyra grinned at him once more. "Thanks. You clean up pretty well yourself, Fefe Licks." Lyra said, affectionately. She could never thank Falon enough for introducing her to that nickname even though she knew her best friend hated it. The band was playing a fast song, and one that Lyra recognized from the radio. "Oh I love this song. Come on. You're dancing with me." she said, pulling him by the arm out on to the dance floor. The Gryffindor was pretty good at dancing, and it helped that she didn't really care what anyone else thought about her. She twirled with a laugh. "Still glad you came with me, Fee?" she teased him while dancing to the beat of the song.

Felix shrugged at Lyra as she asked if things were like this every year. "I think so. Finn talks about Hogwarts a lot, but I'm never sure what's true and what's not." He told her laughing slightly at the fact that Finn was always saying things about the school that he never quite believed until he saw them for himself. He still didn't believe the stuff about the Giant Squid though. Felix rolled his eyes at the horrible nickname. It was the one Falon called him and he hated it as much coming from Lyra as he did from his twin. "Do you have to? It's horrible." Though he knew she used it mostly because it did annoy him, he couldn't help himself. He'd yet to pick a nickname for his best friend that he specifically liked, but he was getting there. He had a couple to choose from. He was about to head over to the food when he was suddenly grabbed by the arm and whisked away to dance with Lyra. "Aha!" He grinned as he started to dance. "I just thought of a nickname for ya, wanna hear it?" He asked, ignoring her initial question.

Lyra nodded her head as as her friend told her that the Yule Ball was much the same each year. The brunette hoped that was true. She didn't intend to miss a single one if they were all this fabulous. The Gryffindor laughed as she was rewarded with an eye roll at the use of the nickname. She smiled smugly at him. "Yes. Absolutely. It's the best nickname I have ever heard. I'm going to call you that for the rest of your life." she said, sticking her tongue out at him. She knew that Felix would always be her best friend even though they had only met a few months ago. Felix was her person, and there was nothing romantic about it. They always had the best time together. His declaration startled her slightly. Her green eyes looked at him warily as he said he had a nickname for her. Lyra hadn't had too many nicknames in her lifetime though her family sometimes called her Ly. Link had other names for her, but most of them were still affectionate. Lyra pursed her lips at Felix. "Is it horrible? I don't want to hear it if it's horrible." she said with a sly grin, expecting it to be absolutely atrocious as payback for the nickname she had taken to using.

Felix sighed as he heard that Lyra intended to make sure that it would be impossible for Felix to be rid of the nickname. "You're a great friend." Sarcasm or no, he didn't like that nickname. He supposed he couldn't complain though, because he had many nicknames for both Falon and Finn and he sort of deserved it. She stuck her tongue out at him and Felix reciprocated. Felix grinned at the look on Lyra's face, rather enjoying the moment they were in. Lyra was his best friend and that would never change. She pursed her lips and Felix laughed. "Well, that depends. It's very true. So it's not technically my fault if it is horrible." he told her, spinning on the spot as the song's beat changed. Her sly grin egged him on and he clapped his hands. "It's Boots."

Lyra smiled proudly as he called her a great friend. She knew it was sarcasm, but she didn't care. "Why, thank you." she said with mocking sincerity. She waited impatiently for Felix to come out and tell her what this awful nickname would be. She knew it had to be horrible because it was her payback for adopting Falon's nickname. Lyra really liked Felix's sister, and she thought she was pretty cool. Lyra narrowed her green eyes at Felix. "Boots?" she said, with a slight bit of confusion. She didn't wear boots or have a particular attachment to them so why that name? She twirled in a circle as the song changed pace. "Explain." Lyra demanded.

While Silus was aware the majority of the students at Hogwarts were simply overjoyed by the coming of the Yule Ball, he himself was not. It was just another tiring mandatory social event, and he'd be expected to dress up for it as well. He scowled as he stood before his reflection. He was supposed to look something like this every year? Well, Hell. Silus would've been just fine with showing up in his regular attire, the clothes with which he was most comfortable wearing, but he had a reason for putting actual effort into his appearance of recent.

Silus was not completely blinded by his own pride. The boy was very aware others were starting to notice how he acted differently when a certain young Gryffindor girl was around. They'd see that he really tried when she was there. He sneered at the sight of his hair. Why'd he even attempted at doing anything with it was a mystery to himself. He weaved his fingers through it, evidence of the comb's attacks disappearing, and then shrugged on his one and only formal jacket. It was one of a good many things he'd snagged from his mother's locked room.

Entering the Great Hall he noted it was nothing less than extravagant. Obviously. These people know no subtlety. He thought humorously as his eyes raced around the room, searching. There. He pursed his lips upon seeing her dancing with that dog. Nearing the two, he was able to pick up on a curious conversation they'd struck.

He wrinkled his nose in disgust. Boots? Felix. He sure knows a way to a lady's heart. He thought, scoffing. It seemed this wouldn't be as such a tricky feat as he's first thought. He grinned rather wickedly, and sauntered his way before them.

Looking down upon Lyra he couldn't help but widen his eyes. She always looked lovely, but tonight it seemed as if a great spotlight beamed down, showcasing her beauty. In closer inspection, though, he found something was a bit un-Lyra.... Her hair. He glared down at Felix. The worm must've told her to fix it that way, perhaps. Or gotten his paws on it. His jaw clenched and he decided to ignore this. "Boots? I think I ought to give you a nickname of my own if you don't mind." Aware a few moments had passed by, he grudgingly turned to him. "Hello, Fefe." He said looking smug.

Felix rolled his eyes at his friend, shaking his head at her obvious appreciation of sarcasm. "Wasn't meant as a compliment ya know." Still, he let her have that one and continued to dance. He grinned then as she asked what the nickname meant. He was about to answer when he was suddenly interrupted by none other than the one person he could have gone his whole life without seeing, and it still wouldn't have been long enough. Still, he tried to keep a soft smile on his face, dumping the urge to raise his hand to his eye in remembrance. "Mate, you're a little late on the uptake. Fefe is my brother's name. Can't call me that too." He laughed, shaking his head. He had a couple of choice names for Silus too, his favourite of course being Cyclops, but he didn't want to look like the petty one in this tonight. "You look ever so charming." He said, the compliment falling off of his tongue like acid. "Wonderful to see you. Care for a dance?" He asked happily, extending his hand towards Silus.

Silus ignored most of what Fefe said. It couldn't have been anything of mportantance. Instead, he found himself almost beaming at Lyra. Perhaps Yule Balls weren't so horrid. Well, they could be better minus one. "Shut up, Fido." He hummed playfully. Turning his head slightly, he caught the Hufflepuff offering him his hand. What the hell?

Thankfully, he'd heard the question that had went with the gesture or he'd have done somwhing a bit more rash than slapping it away. Silus was laughing inside. You suck, Felix. He thought with an impish grin. "You're too kind..." he said, sounding genuinely sincere. He made a move to sweep Lyra off into their own dance. Oh. I might not be Fred Astaire, but I'll surely be an improvement from dancing with Fleabag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back