You Don't Know You're Beautiful

Adelaide Nacht

OOC First Name
Cole
Work, go home, sleep, work again. Rinse, then repeat. Over the last two years Adelaide had been going through the same routine. While the young, German woman loved her job, she still found herself sinking into monotony. Even the patients seem to become the same thing over and over again. The most exciting thing that had happened to her in the last month was the arrival of her new scrubs, which she was wearing. She had to admit, the color made her feel a little bit better about her job. She was the only nurse in that color, which made her stand out a little bit. Adelaide didn't want to grab everyone's attention, but her patients seemed to like the color, and if she ended up with kids, the color was more welcoming.

"Nurse, you're needed down the hall. Room 2001." Said a nurse behind a desk, giving a file to Adelaide. "Thank you, Shawnna." She said, smiling. She walked down the halls, her tennis shoes squeaked slightly, after all, it was raining a little outside and had caused her shoes to be, well, soaked and annoying. She smiled walking into the room, her eyes down on the paper, not yet looking up. She was just going to give the IV's and talk to him, she was only interning to be a doctor after all; nurse was the only title she had earned. "So, Mr. Williams, what seems to be the problem today?" She asked. Adelaide then looked up, and nearly dropped her clip board. Those blue eyes, that pale skin; he was... beautiful.​

Damon sighed as he was driven to the hospital by his roommate, whom was going on about how slow the traffic was today and how they must reach the hospital as quickly as possible. Sometimes, he tended to over-react about anything and everything. This was one of those times. Damon had been feeling a little off for a few days, it was called the flu. But not to Joshua. Oh no. It must be some horrible disease that Damon must be dying from, it couldn't be anything else. Looking outside, Damon frowned, he wanted to go home and read, or doing something productive, not be stuck in a car with Joshua, having to put up with his paranoid ramblings about illness and Damon's possible death. It was a bit embarrassing, if Damon was at all worried about his health status, he'd go to St Mungos, not to a muggle hospital, but he couldn't tell Joshua that, since he was a muggle. Upon seeing the hospital looming over the car, Joshua parked and pulled Damon out of the car carefully and rushing he through the doors of the hospital. "Joshua, I'm not dying!" He growled, pulling away from his friend, only to find himself facing a doctor, who took it upon themselves to listen to his friends crazy ramblings and sit him in a bed and get him checked in. "I'm not staying here." He muttered, glaring at his friend, who was looking mighty pleased with himself.

When a doctor, or nurse or some sort of worker at the hospital walked in, Damon had not really looked at them, because he was too busy trying to figure out whether he'd survive the two-story fall if he lept out the window to escape. But when he came t the conclusion that he'd most likely not be able to leg it home after such a move, he slunk down in his hospital bed and looked at the woman who had entered, a smile crossing his face. She was pretty, very pretty. Before the blonde could talk to her, Joshua answered her question, which was sort of a bitter-sweet feeling, since Damon was admittedly a little breathless, but what Joshua said soured his mood. "He has a brain tumor and is dying!" He explained, patting Damon on the head. "I am not dying! I am completely, one hundred percent fine, you're just a paranoid idiot." Looking back at the woman, he nodded. "I'm completely fine, I shouldn't be here at all."

The frantic roommate was the first thing that Addy noticed. She looked down at the roommate's hands, which went from Mr. Williams' head to her arms. He seemed to be very sure of himself. She smiled gently at the boy, whom actually seemed to be older than her, and carefully set her clipboard and pencil aside. She took his hands off of her arms and shook her head. "Mr...?" The roommate looked at her. "Joshua." He said, still a bit frantic. "Joshua, i will do the best i can to help your roommate, but considering your state of mind, i am going to have to ask that you leave the room unless you are a blood relative." Joshua seemed reluctant, but left anyways. Afterwards, Addy smiled at Damon and picked the chart back up. "He's a little insane, isn't he?" Said Addy, laughing a little bit.

"I am Nurse Nacht, or Nurse Adelaide; whichever is more comfortable for you." She said with a smile. She read the chart. "Did your roommate fill this out?" She asked, seeing the symptoms on there were good ad plenty. It seemed that there was a hypochondriac among them, something that Adelaide came across quiet often in this field. people constantly thought they were either sicker than they were, or not as sick as they were. "Nevertheless, i must hook you up to this IV here, okay?" She asked, pulling the little metal stand beside her as she approached his bedside. she looked down at his hands, they were so soft and , they looked nice. Trimmed nails, no dirt. He seemed like a clean cut guy.​

Damon was relieved when Joshua finally left the room and was grateful that they were in no way related, otherwise Joshua would have had some claim and tried to stay and possibly spread his paranoia onto Damon. It had been a battle to get him outside, but once he was he wasn't coming back and decided to take a walk somewhere, much to Damon's relief. Chuckling at what the woman had to say, she had just met Joshua and already described his personality perfectly. Because everyone that met Joshua and lived with Joshua knew that he was as insane as someone could come but still be considered mentally healthy. "Yeah... he tends to worry about people a lot, not to mention that he can't stand being wrong." Cracking his knuckles quietly, Damon looked around the room for a bit. He was growing bored because he hated hospitals since they had needles in them and he was afraid of needles, which was why he preferred magical treatment as opposed to muggle treatment. He had to get out of here. Trying to get out of the bed, he stopped himself when the woman introduced herself, it'd be rude to just run off from her, so he stayed where he was for a little bit longer. "Hello Nurse Adelaide." He greeted. "You have a lovely name, by the way." He added.

Damon's eyes widened in shock when he realised that he was getting an IV, that involved needles, he was sure of it. "Oh no, no there is absolutely no need for an IV, I'm fine, honestly. I never get sick!" It was sort of an exaggeration on Damon's part, occasionally he got sick, but that was extremely rarely and right now he was feeling just fine, absolutely fine. "I don't need anything done to me, I just need to be home in my own bed." He added, starting to get out of the bed. "Really, thank you for all of your help, but I think it's time I should go." Picking up his jacket, Damon looked at the door that led to the hall. Hopefully the nurse wouldn't call security to get him back in the bed.

Adelaide node at the patient, still smiling warmly at him. she flipped some loose hair out of her face with her hands, and then walked over to the sink in the room and began washing her hands, sterilizing before putting on another pair of gloves. Adelaide would never admit it to anyone, but she was a bit of a neat freak, or a Mysophobe; either could describe her. She liked things to be clean and organized, and never left something out of placed. The fact that her personality was like that, made her profession seem like the wrong choice. However, her passion and want to help others was what brought her into the nursing field. And her passion to further educate herself is what caused her to continue studying to become a doctor. "he seems like he has some issues with hypochondria." She then laughed a bit, and the laughing lead to blushing when he complimented her name. "Well, thank you." She said, trying hard not to stutter or seem awkward.

Adelaide gave a slightly skeptical look to the man and shook her head. it was obviously going to be the hard way, with him. She just hoped that it wasn't going to be too hard. She was only in the third level of her self defense course, something she had decided would benefit when dealing with unruly patients. "Never is a very strong word. It will be alright, I'll put it in as gently as possible." she readjusted the vinyl gloves on her hands. When he stood up, Adelaide found she had no choice, and she stood in front of him. "Mr. Williams, i need you to take a seat." She then gave him a gentle push, keeping her hands on his shoulder. In that moment, she knew that he would be the one. Love in first sight was the only real thing she believed in. And she felt in her stomach that she had found it.​

Damon smiled slightly when Nurse Adelaide blushed, and then realised that she had some sort of scarring on her left side of her face and neck, it looked pretty serious, but quite old as it had been healed over and was now just scarring. Making sure that he didn't make her feel uncomfortable, Damon did his best to not stare at it, because he knew how that could make someone feel self-conscious about themselves and their scars. The blonde was still determined to get outside the room, but he had to think it through, he knew his stomach was still a little tender, but he was sure he could get past the nurse, Joshua would be a problem though, he was still circling around the general area, Damon was sure. He couldn't really think of anything that could get himself past Joshua and his slight paranoia.

Damon put a hand on his stomach as he attempted to walk out, now signs of illness were coming back, but it was nothing to worry about, he was just fine, perfect actually and this nurse wasn't going to get him back in that bed. No matter what she did. "I understand that it's a strong word, but you don't realise. I have a very capable immune system and I already have a doctor I go to when I'm very sick, so I don't really need to be here at all." He insisted. The woman was rather small, smaller than him anyway, so he could easily get past her, if his stomach wasn't giving him as much trouble as it currently was. When Nurse Adelaide pushed him back lightly, Damon shook his head and he felt a slight burning sensation in the pit of his stomach. "Trust me, you really don't want to be here right now." The Nurse seemed a little distracted, and before Damon could do anything, or give any sort of warning, he did a rather unspeakable thing. Damon threw up on poor Nurse Adelaide, and he felt very guilty about it. "I'm so sorry!" He exclaimed, trying to think of ways he could get the horrible taste out of his mouth, he spotted a sink, but let the Nurse have the chance to clean herself up before he hogged it to wash his mouth out.

Adelaide noticed what Damon was looking at. He could see them, plain as days. Those scars. She almost undid her hair right then, but remembered that she had to be professional. It was unbeknownst to anyone how much she hated those scars. Whenever she noticed them she felt like a troll. She felt like no one could ever love someone like that. She had more like them. Those were the oldest and most visible though. She turned her hear slightly away, showing the right side of her face as she watched Joshua pace past the room for the third time. He was making quick rounds. He really was worried, and it was honestly comforting to see. If Damon was truly sick, his friend had pushed him here to save his life; if not, the thought was all that mattered, right?

"Strong or not, you still need the IV while we run tests. it's just to keep you hydrated. Also, sometimes sedated." She said, almost as a warning. it was hard to take her warnings seriously though, with her being as small as she was, and her voice as high as it was. Most people didn't even think she was old enough to be in this profession. She was, however. no matter how new she was, she was old enough. She watched him clutch his stomach. "Are you alright, Mr. Williams?" She asked him. Was he in pain, she hoped not. She then realized, after a few words from him, why he was clutching his stomach. With some vomit on her midsection, and some on her pants, Nurse Adelaide allowed her eyes to go wide for a moment. She swallowed and squeezed them shut. "it's completely okay, Mr. Williams. you just, lay back down please. i will bring you some water." She then walked over to the door and shut it. She didn't need anyone coming in. She reached up into the cupboards, where old scrubs ere kept. She then closed the shade between him and the sink. the sounds of running water could be heard, and only her silhouette could be seen as she changed at lighting speeds. She had to be prepared, after all. And most nurses kept scrubs in cupboards for that reason. She didn't spray on any scents, but instead opened the curtain, looking clean, the other scrubs in a plastic bag. "New scrubs need to be broken in somehow, right?" She asked, handing him the plastic cup. "how long have you been sick like this?" She asked, bringing over a dish that was made for vomit, for him to rinse his mouth into and if he needed it, to get sick into.​

To say that Damon felt stupid would be a total understatement. Why did he have to throw up all over this poor nurse? Throwing up in front of someone was bad enough, but actually throwing up all over someone? He couldn't even fathom the feelings and thoughts that must be running through her head. He wasn't sure what he'd do if some random person just threw up on him, but he wouldn't have been as cool, calm and collected as this nurse appeared to be. To be polite, Damon decided that he'd best follow the nurses advice and at least sit on the bed, which he did, while she presumably got him some water. The blonde still felt horrible. It wasn't every day that you'd throw up on someone. Thank God his room mate wasn't in the room, otherwise he would have come up with something else to worry about. Damon was sure he'd suspect that he'd accidentally thrown up his stomach or something as equally ridiculous. When the nurse reappeared, she was clean again, obviously in new scrubs or something, because Damon doubted that she'd had the time to clean her uniform. Damon chuckled slightly and accepted the cup of water, sipping it in an attempt to wash his mouth out. "I suppose. But surely there are better ways?" He questioned, wondering where her dirty uniform had gone. Probably down a shoot or something. The question of his health puzzled him, because he honestly had no idea. "I'm not entirely sure." He admitted.

Looking at the time, Damon chewed on his lip. He didn't feel good and it would be better for him to either go home and rest, or go to a magical hospital, it'd be far easier and his uncle was a healer, he'd know what to do for sure. "Look, thank you for your help. You're a fine nurse." He began, putting the cup down on the bedside table. He knew this was going to come off as childish, but muggle hospitals were not something he liked to visit often, and there was still the possibility of getting a needle. "But I really must go. I have a doctor." He felt like he was repeating himself, and he sort of was, but that wasn't the point. Damon had felt that he had outlived his stay. Standing up from the bed, Damon looked at the woman, she was still very pretty, no amount of throwing up on her would change that. "I trust my doctor, he's brilliant, so I think I should go to him instead of this hospital."

Adelaide looked cautiously at him, almost afraid that he was going to throw up on her. She had had children throw up on her, but not an older patient; especially not one like Damon. Though it was inappropriate, she couldn't help but notice that he was a very attractive man. He had blonde hair and blue eyes, which was almost stereo-typically beautiful. She looked at him for a moment, just waiting to see what happened. She was glad he took the water and seemed to drink it just fine. She gauged his reaction, waiting to see if it would stay down. Most likely, he just had a stomach virus; they were going around, after all. She laughed slightly at his comment, a little more comfortable now, though she still felt she was in need of a shower. She supposed that all the showers in the world wouldn't help at that point though. She looked back behind her, hearing footsteps. When she met eyes with the nurse, the nurse turned from the door. It was only polite to leave a doctor to their duty. in all honesty, she was worried it was the roommate coming back with his crazy ideas. "There are more horrible ways, but i can't think of a more pleasant way." She commented with a small smile. She flicked her head slightly to get her bangs out of the way, her hair flipping past her scars. She noticed it, but could not just cover them up; it was time to be professional, not afraid.

Damon's next answer was a little concerning to Adelaide though. He wasn't sure how long he was sick? She wanted to ask a few more questions about it, but he began to speak again. It was obvious he was not going to give up on his protests. Adelaide had to make a doctor's decision right then and there. let him go so that he could go to a doctor that might not exist, or keep him here against his will for testing. it was obvious that she was thinking, as she also chewed on her lip, like Damon was. She looked down at the clipboard she had set aside and picked it up, along with a pad of sticky notes. she hope that she wasn't making the wrong choice in doing this, he was sick obviously, but he obviously didn't want to be under her care. She wrote her number down on the piece of paper, and handed it to him. it had her full name and number printed on it, and she looked at him. "If you have any emergency or need medical consultation call me. it's my work number and cell number. Some doctors do house calls after all." She said with a smile."Your cloths are on the counter, get dressed, you're clear to go." She said, signing off on his release form.​

Damon was grateful that his room mate had not come back, but he was quite sure he was still around, but at least he wasn't thinking that Damon was going to die any more, that was a dream come true. Damon looked back at the nurse when she began speaking again. She had a lovely voice, it was like... cherries, that's what it reminded him of but he wasn't sure why, it wasn't like cherries spoke. Damon was sure there were more horrible ways to utterly destroy a nurses uniform, he was just grateful that he had not done any of them, otherwise he would have been quite worried for his health and would have had to get to a magical hospital very quickly, just in case. Once again her scars made an appearance, but this time Damon didn't look at them, he looked into her eyes, and smiled.

Damon breathed a sigh of relief when the nurse said he would go, it was such a good thing to hear. His uncle could heal this, in fact, Damon was quite sure he could make up a potion for whatever he had, it wasn't anything dangerous, so there was no need to worry. Damon watched her pick up a clipboard and start to write on it, he wasn't sure what she was doing, but hopefully it had something to do with him leaving without any needles. He looked at the sticky note and noted the number. He nodded and grabbed his clothes, putting the note in his pocket and walked behind the curtain and got dressed. "Thanks!" He said, walking out of the room and finding Joshua sitting quietly against the wall. If Damon hadn't of known any better, he would have thought that Joshua's mother or something had just died. "Come on Joshua, we're going." He stated, pulling his room mate off of the floor and dragging him outside. 'How was it?' Joshua asked. Damon shrugged. "Far better than I expected." He mused, hopping into the car and being driven away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back