Maria
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Straight 14 Inch Sturdy Alder Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Yellow Rose for @Aine Thompson

Molly was super duper excited for rose deliveries. It had been her first time doing it. But she was a little overwhelmed that she had to in fact search for them. But Molly didn't mind. She skipped happily towards the Hufflepuff table, hoping that it was worth the shot. "Hello! I'm looking for... Aine! Aine Thompson! Do you know where I could find her?" Molly says with a giggle, as she looked at the first name on her list of deliveries, she then began to fetch the yellow rose.

Aine was vaguely aware of the rose giving thing going on, in the sense that she knew it was a thing, but hadn't paid much more attention than that. Apparently it was a Wild Patch Club thing and Aine had been expecting to have been kicked out of the school by now for not being magical. The fact that it was going in to the second half of the year and she was still there was...surprising, to say the least.

So naturally, she expected to keep her head down and go through the rest of the year under the radar as much as possible. As she idly picked up her spoon to eat some of her meal, however, her name was called. Oh, bugger, she thought, dropping her spoon to the table with a clatter and spilling some soup on to her hand. "Sh-" she started, before quickly stopping herself from swearing. "Um. That's...that's me." She ducked her head down, which was counter-productive to responding to her name being called, but instinct was a fickle and strange thing.

Molly smiled as she heard a person respond to her and made her way towards the girl. "Yay! Glad I have found you! I'm Molly and I have a rose for you!" Molly says with a giggle and a big wave, as she then hands the rose to the girl.

To Aine,

I hope your first year at Hogwarts has been treating you well.

Happy Valentine’s Day!
-Professor Carter.

"Jeez, you're joking, right?" she blurted, blinking rapidly in abject confusion. Stunned, it took her a moment to actually take the rose from the older student, face reddening as she realized how slowly she was reacting. "Ah, sorry. Um. Thanks."

She blankly stared at the note attached, not sure whether to laugh or cry. She'd been, frankly, not that good at Herbology, screwing up a fair bit on the exam. And yet her Head of House still even bothered to do a nice gesture for her. Probably did for every student, in all fairness. But it would've been easier not to do it at all. She'd have to remember to thank him later.

Molly giggles at the girl's expression. "Nopeee! not joking at all" Molly says with a shake of her head and a big smile. The Hufflepuff watches the younger girl read her note. "Is it who were expecting?" Molly asked the girl curiously, trying not to seem like she was being nosy. She guessed she could try and make a conversation with the girl as well.

"Frankly, I wasn't expecting anyone," she admitted, speaking before thinking as usual. She hoped that didn't sound...conceited? Maybe too morose? She genuinely wouldn't have been upset not getting a rose, as she honestly didn't expect anything. Though, that was probably weird to say in front of a stranger.

"Oh," she realized the other girl probably wanted to know who sent it to her. "Uh, it was Professor Carter," she explained, with an awkward laugh. Was it weird to get a rose from a teacher? She had no idea.

Molly smiles a little. "Oh, why's that?" Molly asked the girl curiously. Molly hadn't gotten any roses yet as it was only just the start of it all for her, but she guessed that she shouldn't get her hopes up if she didn't get one. She smiled as Aine mentioned who the rose was from. "Oh! that's nice of him!"

She couldn't help but give a self-deprecating shrug. "Cause I'm twelve," she joked, not sure if the joke would even land. She didn't even know how old the other girl was. Though, come to think of it, she didn't look a whole lot older than Aine herself. "And flowers are for nice people who join clubs and do things. Um." That sounded less bitter in her head. "Yeah, it's nice. I didn't do too well in Herbology so I'm kinda shocked"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back