Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual (Len♥)
Wand
13' Applewood Core of Meteorite Dust
Chante went down into the dungeons carrying the basket of roses by her hip. Other than lessons or the dueling chamber, Chante didn't like coming down here. It was too dark at times and there was a smell that snuck out at one, a smell that didn't sit well with her stomach. Chante wrinkles her nose. Chante reached what might be the entrance of Slytherin's common room. She waited around to see if @Alistair Lancaster would come out or show up, Chante waits for the teen.

Alistair exited the Slytherin common room, patting his pockets on the way out to make sure he hadn't left anything important behind. The teenager had a big day ahead of him, with a lot of plans he'd come up with over the holidays that he now wanted to set into motion. Deciding that he had what he needed, he continued down the corridor, acknowledging Chante as he walked closer to her. He wasn't sure why the Hufflepuff prefect was hanging out all the way down in the Dungeons, but questioning it was the last thing on his mind,​

"Hey, Alistair," Chante sees him exited a portal that she presumed was the Slytherin's common room and didn't waste a second to make her delivery. "How are you? I've got a rose for you," the tall prefect pulled a yellow rose from her basket that held other ones for other receptions. She hands it over, smiling at the teen. She heard, or rather she read the Hogwarts Monthly and witness the commotion that followed that morning. She wonders if everything was okay with him. It came across to her that something written in the paper didn't exactly sit well with him.

"Chante." Alistair responded with a tone of uncertainty. Had she been waiting for him? "I'm fine...oh, I see." It had dawned on him why she was hanging about when she pulled out a rose. He'd received one from Leda already, and he was still tossing up whether to read the note or let the flower wither away. "Thank you. Who is it from?" He asked, reaching out to take the yellow flower. He had to hope it wasn't another from Layton because of how he'd ignored the first so far, but he couldn't be sure who else would send him one.​

Chante was already reaching for his note inside the basket. Judging by the handwriting with his name on it, she guessed it was from her cousin Willow but wasn't going to spoil the message for him. "You'll have to read it to find out," the Hufflepuff spoke with a kind smile. She is a little curious about what made Willow send him a note if indeed it was her handwriting. Her mind wanders back to the paper and the disturbance in the great hall that day. When did they become friends? She was so out of the loop and keeping track of Willow's friends was a hassle enough. "Happy Valentine's Day, may the note at least make you smile."

Don't let the haters bring you down. you are a cool guy. For what it counts no matter what I have your back.
oh, and thanks for the duelling tips
Willow

Stair hesitated before taking the note from Chante. His mind was stuck on the fear that it was another of Leda's roses - or worse, some sort of practical joke from some student who didn't like him, or what he was. Taking a small breath, the lycanthrope flipped the piece of paper around and read over its contents. He exhaled a sigh of relief. In some ways it was odd. As much as he felt like more people disliked him than ever, he also felt like he had more friends now that he was out about who he was. Willow was one of those people he already felt as if he could trust, despite not knowing her too well. Her background in having family with his condition no doubt helped. It was nice to know she had his back if he ever needed it. He was set on fighting his own battles, but the support was encouraging nonetheless. He folded the note up and took a moment to admire the rose that had come with it, before looking up at the much taller prefect. "Thank you for delivering this." He told her, offering a much happier smile now that his worries had been dashed away. Willows note had been just what he needed to feel better about his day. "Have you had many roses sent to you?" He asked conversationally, not sure if he should let her go along her way to deliver the rest or not. He had never received roses often enough in the past, if ever at all, to really know how it all worked.​

Chante's smile widens, she can see how the note made a positive effect on him. Knowing her cousin very well, Willow may have written something nice to cheer him and it worked. "You're very welcome," the tall girl nods and then shakes her head. "Nope, but it's okay. I usually get them every year and wouldn't send anything to anyone. This year I sent out roses and I got none, so it worked out," Chante chuckles, she still have the roses from old deliveries. She kept them in her old collection book of flowers. She preserved the roses with the note beside them. Whenever she feeling blue she can count on the book to lift her spirit or her family photo album. Whichever she came in contact with first, Chante would grab the book and lay on her bed to flip through the pages. It was therapeutic for the soul. "And um, if you ever need someone to talk to I'm around, I don't mind just listening. I've been told I'm a good listener."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back