OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
That's right! :) Year 7 on HNZ has officially come to its close, and now we're gearing up for Year 8!
Currently, all wizarding world forums are open to students for roleplaying - they will be closing when term begins again (the date classes open again as well) on September the 21[sup]st[/sup].
Graduates of Y7 have been moved from the "Graduates" group into the "Members" group or another group of their choosing.

All students of Y8 (newly sorted first years and up) can begin roleplaying within Hogwarts (their Y8 RPs) now - but the start of the year feast will not be posted for students to RP in until the start of term (the 21st of September).
Remember that older RPs (set in Y7 or earlier) should not be replied to by anybody attending the school in Y8 (continuity is very important).

Sorting will continue on until the beginning of the term. As I'm sure many of you have noticed, the house points board has been reset.
If your RP was closed because your character could not yet RP in the school - send and administrator a PM then we'll trash the closing reply, and reopen the topic for you. :)

Thank you all for your continued patience - and here's for another great "year" on HNZ!

~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

Have any questions/concerns about this news? Post your questions here!

Have any questions/concerns about this news? Post your questions here!
Awesomesauce! Therefore I feel free to ask, Where can we find out marks for our exams? I assumed that when we finished an exam, we were told what are marks overall was.
For some exams I was told my total mark for the term, in others I only found out my final mark for that one exam. For some I received both marks, and others, no reply. What's going on?

Professors should be posting final grades for the semester in their respective classrooms. Not all professors provide exam grades to students (I don't think I ever did). Even in real life, I've never seen how well/poorly I do on exams - I just know my final grade.
At any rate, if you're interested in your exam mark and didn't get it you can just PM the professor and request it - if they don't reply there's nothing I can really do. :lol:

Even in real life, I've never seen how well/poorly I do on exams
You serious? Where do you live? In Aus (or at least, my old school) we get our old exams back. We also get to see everything we got right or wrong, including the grade we got for it. Gosh, that's a bummer!
Aside from that, thanks for the answer. I was just reminded of that old question from what's-their-face who asked if we could have our grades posted at the end of each term.

Just an ooc coment since this forum is set in this country but here in New Zealand that is also how it's done. The theory being that that way you can go over your exam paper and work out where your strengths and weaknesses are and where you need to put in extra work. Even at University level, if you request it, your exam papers will be returned to you. Exam papers are seen in the same sort of way as medical records and the like as belonging to the individual NOT the institution and therefore must be handed over if requested. It is hard to believe that the Wizard world would have less respect for an individual's rights regarding access to information regarding themselves than the muggle world does :o

Frankly: I don't think this matters. At all.
If a professor decides to return individual exam grades, great. If not: they're not obliged to. Final grades are supplied and it is those that matter.
Also: HNZ is based off Hogwarts in Scotland, not the New Zealand muggle school system, and we have no evidence in the books - to my knowledge - that students are aware of their exam grades. They know their course grades, and their OWL/NEWT grades. :)

As Nick said Artemis, if you need any of your grades or exam results pm the professor involved. I know Y7 was a bit crazy all around as many professors came and went and things got pretty much in a heap. Don't hold it against the professors who are trying to do as good a job as they can. Real life will always come first and though they will try to post classes, grades, exams on time sometimes it just doesn't work out that way.

And I also agree with Nick in that this is not based on any particular school system other than an imaginary one and as it was never actually set out in detail in any of the books, we simply wing it as best we can.

Be patient with our professors, posting lessons, grading and exams is not as easy as it looks - some people write volumes for their class rp's and for their assignments. ;)

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Admin Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back