Xenia Nikolaidou

Beauxbatons Graduate | Athenian Fire

OOC First Name
Camilla
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Xenia wasn't exactly sure why she was picked for the captaincy. She was certainly happy for it, and accepted it proudly, but she'd still been surprised - she'd only joined the team last year. She figured it was probably partially because she played Keeper. It made it easier to keep an eye on things. Mostly. Half the time she and Eren were busy goading each other on, but that was besides the point. Quidditch was something Xenia knew she was pretty decent at. At least, she thought she was. She did a good job as Keeper, she thought, not that last year could really tell her how she was because of the games ending so quickly. Xenia really hoped the snitch would give her some time to really play. Especially if she wanted to ultimately represent Greece in the Quidditch World Cup. Which probably wasn't a high bar, it wasn't as though the Greek national team was much to write home about. But she wanted to play for them anyway.

Clutching her brand new broom, Xenia gave a smile to the students approaching and nodded. "Kalimera!" she said by way of greeting. "Thank you all for coming. My name is Xenia and I'm the new captain." Xenia felt way too stiff with this part. It was so much easier when she was actually playing, but she had to try to be somewhat formal. This might've been too formal, though. She had to relax. "Returning players, welcome back! Show me you haven't forgotten how to play over the summer." Okay, maybe that was too informal. She clutched her broom a little tighter. "Er, if you could help out the people trying out, that'd be good too. If you're trying out, tell me your name and what position you're trying out for, and then we'll get started." Xenia looked over everyone, giving a nod and picking up the quaffle, tossing it up and down in her free hand. "Any questions? No? Good, let's do this."

POSITIONPLAYER
Keeper (c)Xenia Nikolaidou
Chaser@Ophelia Reilly
Chaser@Eren Beste
ChaserOPEN
Beater@Élise Moreau
BeaterOPEN
SeekerOPEN
AlternatesOPEN

OOCOut of Character:
Hi all, welcome to Beauxbatons try-outs for Y42!
  • Returning players are guaranteed their current positions as long as they post attendance. If I removed you accidentally (i.e. if you appeared to be a 7th year last year but you weren't) or I've listed you and you should not be on the team, please PM me and I'll amend!
  • If you were an alternate last year, you will need to try out again. New players or returning alternates please RP stating your character's name and what position your character is trying out for before your try-out RP.
  • Try-outs are for second years and above! If you have a first year that wants to try out (but why lol) please PM me!
  • If there's any issues or you have any questions please feel free to send me a PM!
Good luck, everyone! :)

Ophelia was very ready for another quidditch season. She arrived at the pitch with her broom and when she was able to flew up into the air. She was very eager to just get started and be able to improve all of her skills. She liked quidditch and would want to work even harder at it.

Claire had a huge passion for Quidditch ever since she was little. It didn't help that her older brothers were obsessed with the sport too. As soon as she entered second year and she was able to try out for the team, she wasted no time and took the opportunity to at least try. She knew she might be a little young to try out, but she wanted to give it a go anyways. Claire listened carefully to the captain as she went through the rules and what she wanted to see from them. She nodded and stepped forward. "Hi, Claire Blanchet, trying out for chaser," Claire says with a small smile, before kicking off with her broom and into the sky. Claire attempted to make a few shots into the hoops. She managed to get a few shots in as well as pass the quaffle a few times to her potential teammates. Though there were a couple of times that she had missed. After a while, try-outs were over and they were called back down. Claire said a quick thanks to the captain before leaving the quidditch pitch.

Ava had enjoyed being on the quidditch team over the past few years, even if it had been as an alternate. She hadn't gotten to play in any games but she had felt pretty good about her efforts during practice, keen for another year of quidditch. Especially now that one of the beater spots had opened up. It would take some getting used to playing without Gemma around and admittedly she had looked up to the girl's skills but now was the time for her to show what she had in store. "Hi, I'm Ava. Trying out for beater again." She smiled at their new captain before hopping onto her broom and getting up into the air. She spend her time alternating between playing offense and defense, grinning every time she managed to connect her bat with a bludger. She didn't hit all bludgers she aimed for and not all bludgers she hit sailed in the direction she wanted it to but in the end she felt like she had done a solid job. She had managed multiple bludgers strikes and had even hit a player or two, being met with the familiar ache in her arm by the time tryouts were over and she headed back for the ground. Ava gave the captain a small nod after she had touched back onto the ground and headed off to take a shower.

Eren had snorted when he'd first heard Xenia had been made Captain, though he supposed there were definitely worst choices. And it wasn't like he had any interest in trying to make what was left of the team actually do anything.

"Well said, Captain, so commanding," he said snidely in passing as he mounted up his broom, immediately zeroing in on Xenia's hesitation when she'd addressed the team. It was certainly going to make practices more interesting from now, he figured, kicking into the air to grab the quaffle and start putting any new chasers or keepers through their paces.

Amelie was oddly nervous about the try outs this year. She stood with the others, smiling nervously. "Hi, I'm Amelie, trying out for seeker again." She let out a breath before taking off into the air. She had been the alternate seeker for so long, it felt like she could never be anything else. Still, she did her best, catching the snitch six times before the practice ended. She just hoped that she could continue her streak if she actually got the position.

After Vincent Poe finally got his broomstick, he decided that he would have a new hobby other than climbing trees and bird watching. He needed to play Quidditch. That might be his only chance to be able to attend that school one day - via Quidditch match since his parents were dead set on keeping him safe. Vincent approached the captain and gave a small wave. "Vincent Poe, and I am trying out for seeker." Since he was among the younger students, he knew that if he made the team, at least he would be an alternate and that was well and good for him. Vincent listened for the commands, and mounted his broom. He decided to do a couple of laps before actually looking for the snitch since he needed a good feel of his new broom after all.

Vincent might not be the most muscular person (he was exceptionally average if not a skinny boy that had yet to hit puberty since he still needed a few more growth spurts to even look his age), so being a seeker was probably his only chance. He searched for the snitch, and after a few moments, he managed to find it. He soared after it, and tried to snag it but failed. Gritting his teeth together, he tried again. He did manage success a few times. A grand total of 4 catches, but he was happy with one. He dismounted his broom once he was safely on the ground. He just hoped that he made the team, one way or another.

Bellamy knew the only reason he was trying out for the quidditch team was to make his mom happy. She had been a star player back in the day and despite all the time they spent playing over the years he never felt he had quite gotten the hang of it. But he was a second year now and there was no more excuses. He was planning to try out for keeper since that was the position that flew around the least and he caught himself staring up at the hoops. They were a lot higher than the ones he had used when he played at home. He was so busy staring that he almost missed when it was his turn. "Oh, uh. I'm Bellamy Parish and I'm trying out for keeper." he announced and gave the captain a thumbs up before taking to the air. Once settled in front of the hoops he took a deep breath as the chasers started coming his way. He involuntarily ducked out of the way when the first quaffle came his way and he felt his face turn red. That kind of move wouldn't get him on the team and he tried to psych himself up as the next chaser started to fly his way. He missed the next save but at least he hadn't run from it which was an improvement in his books. It took a while but he managed to stop at least three goals before try-outs were over. He was glad his mom wasn't there to see it but he had tried his best.

It was Élise her last year which was pretty weird to think about. After this year she was going to have a fully fledged career in somewhere that was currently unknown. She did want to win with the Quidditch team, but was fully aware a lot of people graduated. They needed some fresh blood and Elise with her beaters bat in hand was trying to make the best out of it.

OOCOut of Character:
Heads up! I'll close tryouts in approx 48-ish hours so get any last minute character ideas in now :r

Asclepius had been working hard after getting into Quidditch relatively later in life compared to his parents. He was confident that he wouldn't embarrass himself in tryouts and anything on top of that would be a bonus. He lined up with the other hopefuls clutching a battered school broom and when it was his turn he stepped forward. "Asclepius Kuya-Jenkins, trying out for chaser," He mounted his broom and caught one of the quaffles when it was thrown at him and began his tryout.

Five shots at goal. That was all Asclepius had to try and make the team. His first shot bounced off the size of the hoop with a ping and tamely fell into the keeper's hands. His next couple of shorts were more successful and he scored the next three, he was feeling very good about himself until he misjudged the force on his final shot and the keeper easily caught it. He knew he'd made a decent attempt but missing his final shot had definitely put a damper on things.

OOCOut of Character:
Tryouts are now closed! Will get the team finalized when I'm back on my computer. Thanks for your patience!

OOCOut of Character:
Thank you all for trying out! It's my party and I get to curate the guest list so everyone's invited :r

POSITIONPLAYER
Keeper (c)Xenia Nikolaidou
Chaser@Eren Beste
Chaser@Ophelia Reilly
Chaser@Asclepius Kuya-Jenkins
Beater@Élise Moreau
Beater@Ava Hastings
Seeker@Amelie Derouin
Alternates@Claire Blanchet @Vincent Poe @Bellamy Parish

Training will be posted after the HNZ S1 games so everyone can focus on those first while still giving us plenty of time to get practice in before the other schools game. I will send out a PM when training's posted and check availability around then so please keep an eye on your notifications. See you all in training soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back