Y31 Electives Fair

Emilia nodded when Jacob said he would probably take Care of Magical Creatures, but she was also sort of relieved he didn't seem entirely sure yet. At least she wasn't the only one. "I... I don't know." She said with a small sigh and a glance at the tables. "I'm scared I'll pick wrong, you know?" She wasn't sure if he would feel the same way, but she was sure he would at least try to understand her. "What if I pick a subject and then in a few years I want to do something and I need some other subject for it?" She chewed her lip, and twisted the ends of her hair in her fingers at the thought. "But I know I'll have to pick... I should be asking the professors but there's so many people already asking them things."

Tagging: Jacob Kingsley

Jacob listened to Emilia and nodded his head. He'd never really thought that far ahead, to what he wanted to do as a grown up. Becoming an animagus had been the furthest ahead he had thought and Professor Summers had helped him to see he needed to think about more in relation to it. He actually hadn't thought much about it since that conversation which was pretty telling. Jacob didn't really know how to reply but as she continued, he brightened. Now this was something he could help with. "It's ok. C'mon Emilia" he said, grabbing her hand and pulling her gently towards the Divination table. He waited a moment for a professor's attention. "Hi professor. How different is divination from runes?" he asked as if he were interested in the subject.

Tagging: Emilia and a divination professor
Godmod with approval

Tagging: Sapphire Michaels

Kahurangi listened to the girl's question, nodding. "Exactly. This bind rune here was designed for a specific kind of protection." She said, showing another amulet to the girl. "It's a combination of Algiz, this part of the design here, which is the rune of protection, and Raido, this shape to the side, which is the rune for travel. If you were going on a dangerous journey, this would be useful to wear on your person, or inscribe on your luggage, and it would help repel dark forces, and strengthen any other protection magic you used." She set the amulet down again, and gestured to the bags of individual runes on the table. "And if you wanted to predict something you could ask the runes what they think. If you'd like to try, you can ask a question and draw a rune from the bag, and I'll tell you what it means." Kahurangi gave the girl an encouraging smile, hoping that a practical demonstration would pique her interest.

Tagging: Professor Kahurangi Josephs

Sapphire considered the woman a moment. Practical was definitely what she had been going for, so she decided to ask the runes a simple question and see what happened. She was already pretty sure she knew the answer, so she wasn't sure if it would affect the results from the runes or not. She cleared her throat. "Is anything crazy going to happen if I stay with Uncle James over the holidays?" She drew out a rune and handed it to the Professor. Knowing her brother drama was ensured, but she still kinda wanted to go.

Diana smiled at Winnie as she joined her side. "Hey, Winnie." She said to her friend. It made her glad that the girl had gravitated straight to her side. Who needed someone like Sapphire? She was great at making friends. The girl listened as the blond Divination professor talked to Sam about her question, and she listened closely to the answer. It sounded like Divination was complex, which didn't make it appeal to the Slytherin too much. Though the idea of using a crystal ball to see the future did have something to it, and she couldn't help but feel like if someone knew the future they were at a definite disadvantage. The other Divination professor arrived soon after she had finished speaking, but Diana decided she wanted to talk to the teacher for the younger years. A slight frown appeared on her face as Jacob Kingsley appeared at the table, dragging some girl along with him. Still very aware of how much trouble she had gotten into last time, she decided to ignore him. "Professor, what sort of things would you predict during Divination? Can you see your own future? Like... if you're going to be rich or famous?"

Tagging: Professor Kennedy Pratt (and everyone at the Divination table :p )

Tagging: Sapphire Michaels, Professor Kahurangi Josephs

Sam smiled at the Professor, nodding profusely as she explained what Divination was all about. It sounded rather interesting, so Sam decided to keep a mental note about what the woman had told her. She thanked her politely considering the table was crowding with other students already and went to have a look at other possible subjects she could be intrigued by. She spotted two of her dormmates, Diana and Sapphire, and she sent them a smile, though it seemed they were both busy. She went over to where Sapphire was, which happened to be at the Ancient Runes stand. "Hey Sapphire, Professor," she greeted, before listening in silence to the questions asked and answered. She was curious herself about it.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back