Written in the stars

Brooke Hunter

Brooke Hunter put her bag closer to her as she walked through the streets of London. It wasn't to safe at night, but she could defend herself, all of those fights with her brother could really protect her at a tough time. The preppy young blonde was walking to a pub that she used to go to when she visited her family in England. She was just so bored with herself in New Zealand being new and all didn't really help. She would rather just go to place where she knew and was familiar with.

She opened the door and eyes a spot right from the door. The blonde took a seat right at the bar, just like every other time. Brooke ordered herself a nice straight from the tap beer. She usually didn't order it, but now seemed like a good time to get aquainted with it. Hopefully the pub wouldn't be as boring as it was right now, but would liven up and she could actually meet someone.

David walked into the pub and smiled as the smell and atmosphere brought back the memories of being here as a kid. The Greens had always enjoyed having lunch here. It was a nice quiet place with a good cook who did great steaks and all the kids were able to have fun here. Dave had always loved sitting by the fire and reading a book or talking with Steve. The two of them had a lot in common and always liked having conversations together.

Dave looked around and saw a beautiful girl sat at the bar. He remembered his brother telling him to move on from Sandra. Woody was the kind of guy to sleep with everything with legs so Dave didn't usually listen to him but he'd started realising that he had a point. If Dave just got another girl then perhaps he'd move on and cope with his life better. He didn't want to use the girl though so he was going to make sure he got to know her first.

Dave sat next to the girl at the bar and ordered a drink before smiling at her and holding out her hand. "Hey. I'm Dave Green." He looked her up and down without making it look obvious that he was in fact checking her out. She looked great and had a great body from what he could see. He just wondered if her personality matched her beauty.

Brooke took out her cell phone, looking at the text messages she had. Her brother always had to text her to make sure that she was safe and not getting herself into trouble. But this was a known pub, and anything could really happen. The blonde texted him back making sure that she ended their conversation. How on earth was her brother going to get a wife? He was a bit possessive and made sure that everyone was ok at all times. None the less, it was her brother and she loved him.

Finally her beer had arrived, the moment that she had been waiting for. The blonde took a rather large gulp and placed it on the table. She turned her golden eyes to see a rather attractive man right beside her. " I'm Brooke Hunter, nice to meet you." She said as she shook his hand. " It's not that busy in here is it." She laughed, looking around the pub.

Dave grinned and shook his head at her question. "It never is. I always come here for a quiet place to sit for an hour or two." Dave always managed an hour or two of thinking while he was here with a book. It had helped him quite a lot. Some people got over things by working themselves so much that they didn't have time to think about it. He preferred to think it over and over and find the good sides to it so he could realise that he could still carry on.

Dave looked around the small pub and shrugged. "To be honest, I'm surprised this place is still in business. There's not many people who come here. I guess the bartenders know everyone who comes here and it doesn't take them long to know the new people." Dave himself knew quite a few people who came here on a frequent basis. It was hard not to get into conversations after a few drinks.

Brooke nodded, she hadn't been here in a few months but she used to come here, sit down and just talk to the people there. Most of them she knew for years because of her parents and/or brother. " Same here, but the conversations are always friendly here. I really like it." She nodded her head, taking back a sip of the beer. " I thought that it was closed down last year to be quite honest," She laughed a bit. " But I was happy to see that there were people in here, almost gave myself a heart attack." She shook her head, placing her cup back down.

" The bartender is a family friend of mine, so it's always pleasant to come here, even though I don't live here, hence the no accent." Brooke smiled at the man, he was quite cute. " I'm actually from Flordia, so I'm not that used to the chilly weather and rain." She shook her head again. In Florida it was sunny 99% of the time and it rained maybe 2 or 3 times a month.

Dave nodded in agreement. "Yeah. The people here always seem to have loads of great stories to tell and they're happy to tell them over and over again to many different people." Dave had a few very interesting friends who came here sometimes. Dave laughed slightly then replied, "I'm surprised it hasn't been closed down already. It's a great place but barely anyone comes here."

Dave grinned. "Must be good having a bartender as a family member. Discount on drinks is always a good thing. I don't know what accent I have though. I've lived in so many different places that it could be just about anything. "My body's used to going through sudden changes in weather so I don't notice it much any more." He shrugged slightly then down what was left of his drink and ordered the next one.

Brooke laughed at the family member comment. " It's a big plus I'll tell you." She took hold of the new drink the bartender gave her. The blonde took a sip and analyzed his accent. " It's a mix of English and a bit of Irish I'd say, but I find it really cool." Brooke nodded, she had the typical American accent, it wasn't too exciting. " I would've loved to have been moving around, where have you lived so far?" She asked curiously.

David shrugged. "I wouldn't know. In my opinion I sound like me so I wouldn't know what I sound like." He laughed slightly at her question. "Anywhere and everywhere really. My parents never liked living in one place for too long." He wasn't going to say about the fact that his dad had been a death eater. He wanted to keep away from that part of his family. "I was born in London but I've lived in France, Spain, Austria, Russia, America, Canada, Scotland and loads of other places. I loved seeing the world as a child but it was kind of annoying having to make a new start every time we moved."

Brooke smiled, traveling would've been interesting to her. " I would've loved being around the world. I mean I had my father who lives in Scotland and then my mother who lives in Florida, it was fun to switch between the both, but I don't think that I could choose. I'm not really good with new starts." The girl shrugged her shoulders. Brooke took a sip of her drink. " But one day I am going to travel the world and see countries, but you already beat me to that." Brooke laughed at him, smiling.

Dave grinned. "It's never too late to try." Dave had been living with that phrase in his head for most of his life. It fitted most situations. Of course, there were some things that it didn't work with. For example, he didn't agree with his mum having more kids at her age but he'd heard of people have babies when they were much older than her so he wasn't going to complain. He was only going to say something if she got pregnant after fifty. That was definitely taking it too far. "I could take you to visit a few places if you want. New Zealand can start now. I need to go and pick up my daughter from my mum's house soon and she lives in New Zealand. Plus, mum loves meeting people like you. Kind, polite and beautiful are the type that take her back to her school times." Sam had always been like that at school. She had been the girl that everyone had looked up to and wanted to be like. Of course, she had a b!tchy side that she was happy to show if she needed to.

Brooke nodded her head, she totally agreed with him; it was never to late to try anything. There were many things that Brooke wanted to do now, but never had the insight to do. " Alright, that sounds pretty cool." She smiled over at him, taking the drink in her hand. The blonde took down the rest of the drink, there wasn't too much left of it anyways. " I'm excited to meet her." Brooke stood up beside David, she took out her money and placed it down on the table, the bartender would take it, plus she gave enough for a healthy tip. She didn't want this place to go out of buisness of course.

Dave nodded and stood up, downing the rest of his drink and paying for it. He took Brooke's hand and led her out side the pub then apparated the two of them to New Zealand. "It's just round here." He walked round the corner and through the front door of the house. "Mum. I'm here and I've got someone for you to meet." He wondered how his mother would take it. The last girl Dave had brought here - not including his daughter - was Sandra. He was pretty sure she'd take it that he was dating Brooke and that they were going to get married and have kids before the end of the year.

Sam put her wand back in her pocket when she heard her son's voice. She frowned slightly when she heard what he said. He never brought guests with him. All Dave ever thought about was his work and his family - mainly his daughter. He was never out meeting people. Sam walked down the stairs and smiled widely when she saw the girl stood beside David. "Why, hello. I'm Dave's mum. You can call me Sam." She held her hand out to the girl ready to shake. "What's your name??"

Brooke followed David out of the bar, it wasn't too bad outside. Once they apparated to New Zealand it was a bit warmer and also a better night. The blonde followed David into the house, it was quite large, it seemed like it could fit a big family. " Hello, my name's Brooke Hunter, it's nice to meet you." She smiled at the older woman. Sam was quite pretty, she knew where David got his good looks from.

Sam smiled. Brooke seems like a nice girl. She was just glad that Dave was going somewhere instead of spending his life mourning over Sandra. Obviously she felt sorry for him for losing his love when he was still so young but he wasn't going to move on if he didn't find someone new. She couldn't help noticing how Brooke looked like Sandra though. "Are you Dave's girlfriend then??" She had to ask.

Brooke smiled at Dave's mom, the woman looked like she was in her late twenties. His mom looked so good, she must do sports or something. The blonde looked from David to his mom, she could see the resemblence, actually he looked so much like his mom that it wasn't even funny. The young witch had a huge grin on her face, " Oh, I don't think that we're dating yet, we're just friends." She turned to David with the grin still on her face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back