Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Curly 10 1/2 Inch Whippy Alder Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Connor had been focusing more on his studies this year, and as a result he had discovered he actually found some of them far more interesting than he expected at first glance. One such subject had been Divination; Connor had been thoroughly enjoying the tarot readings they had been learning, and part of his enjoyment had been having something he could do with a friend. Iris knew more about Divination than just about anyone Connor knew, and he was excited to practice readings with her. He had gotten them a table at the back of the library where it wouldn't matter if they made a bit of noise, and shuffled his cards idly as he waited for Iris to join him for their practice.

The recent Quidditch match had caused quite a bit of stress for Iris, and while she didn't entirely agree with the girl who had been protesting the matches, she could understand her point of view a bit better now. Emma had been brought to the hospital wing after the game, and Iris had fussed over her a lot until she had been released. But that wasn't the only troubling thing to come from the match. Afterwards, Nicole had eagerly told her how she had sat with Eric Holland and how he had touched her shoulder. The excitement she'd seen in Nicole's expression when she told her had worried her. So far, she had thought Nicole was just interested in a flighty sort of way, but she now worried Nicole actually liked him. The only way she could see that end was in heartbreak for her friend. From what she knew about him, Eric wasn't really the stable sort of boyfriend type Nicole probably wanted.

These worries were following her as she headed over to Connor to practice their card readings. She was excited to help him and practice with him, but with the situation on her mind, she knew she had to bring it up. Easy as it was to forget, Connor was Eric's brother. He might have some insight into the situation. "Hi," Iris said with a quick smile as she sat down next to Connor, taking her own deck of cards out of her bag. "I hope you weren't waiting long?" She asked him with an apologetic smile. But then she hesitated. "Before we get started, can we talk about something?"

Connor perked up when Iris approached, grinning cheerfully at the sight of her. "Hi!" He said brightly, making sure to keep his voice down. They were in the library. "Nah, I've just been shuffling my cards while I waited." He smiled, eager to get started practicing with her. Before they could start though, he was surprised when Iris tried to change the subject. "Oh... of course!" Connor said quickly, wondering what was on her mind.

Iris knew this wouldn't be easy to talk about, but she had to ask. She just hoped Connor wouldn't be too mad about it all. But surely he knew what Eric's reputation was? "Well, I was wondering about Nicole." She started slowly. "She seems to be interested in your brother, from what I can tell." She said, watching Connor's expression closely to see how he'd react to that news. "I'm just wondering if its just a one sided crush or if he likes her too? I mean, do you know?" She asked him curiously. "I just worry she'll get hurt." She admitted.

Connor could feel his shoulders slumping as Iris brought up the subject he had been trying so hard not to think about. "Uuuuughhhhh, don't even talk about it!" He groaned, covering his face as he spoke. "She definitely likes him, it's so gross." He mumbled out, voice muffled by the hands covering his face. "She was asking me all these questions about stuff he likes and what he's like at home and stuff, it's the wooooorst!"

Last edited:
Iris was a bit surprised by Connor's strong reaction, though she supposed she could understand. She wouldn't be very happy if one of her friends liked Lars. Though privately she thought Lars seemed a lot nicer than Eric. "Oh, I see." Iris said, frowning a bit. "But if she likes him and tries to date him, do you think your brother would... be nice?" Iris asked him cautiously. "If he has to let her down, I mean. Unless you think he likes her too?" Iris thought that was fairly unlikely, as she didn't think Eric would be very aware of who Nicole was, as far as she could tell he had no real interest in Connor's friends. Though she could be wrong about that.

Thinking about Eric's love life was the last thing Connor wanted to do, but Iris's questions didn't seem to stop. He groaned and hunched his shoulders up a bit more, keeping his hands over his face as he replied. "I don't know! Eric's kind of a jerk sometimes! Like, I love him, but he's all about being 'tough', which really means mean. He was really stupid when he and Kas had a fight last year, so he might be a jerk, I don't know! Can we stop talking about it?!"

Iris sighed at the way Connor was reacting. She understood that talking about his brother dating his friend was maybe a bit strange, but Connor was overreacting just a little bit. Iris decided to keep that thought to herself though. "I know he's kind of a jerk sometimes, everyone knows that." Iris said bluntly. "That's why I'm worried, Connor. I don't want Nicole to end up heartbroken." She told him seriously. "If you think I need to step in, you should tell me." Iris wasn't sure what she would do... but she'd come up with something.

Connor frowned at Iris's tone, hands finally sliding from his face. "He's not a total monster!" Connor retorted, defensiveness flaring at the sudden insults to his brother. "Eric's a jerk sometimes but he wouldn't hurt Nicole for no reason! Why are you talking like he's some kind of.... I dunno, womaniser?! Eric's not like that!" He said indignantly, giving Iris a decidedly filthy look. He didn't always like his brother, but Eric had always defended him, and Connor knew he had to do the same for him.

Iris was surprised at Connor's reaction, and she quickly held up her hands in defense. "I never said he was." She said quickly, her eyes widening. "I just... well, he has a reputation." She said with a shrug. "I just worry Nicole will be hurt." She told him. "I didn't think he'd hurt her on purpose, but... she's kind of sensitive." Iris said with a small shrug. "Sorry, that's not how i meant it."

Connor didn't like being angry at the best of times, but people only seeing the worst in Eric had always gotten under his skin. He tried to calm his frustration as Iris went on, sighing heavily and letting the tension go. "Eric is fine." He said firmly. "He's a good brother, and he's not more likely to hurt Nicole by accident than any other guy would be. Now can we please stop talking about my brother dating my friend?!"

Iris nodded as Connor went on, a little alarmed at how much her words had upset him. She supposed she should have remembered that they were brothers and that Connor cared about him. They were just so different, it was easy to forget. "Alright, I'm sorry Connor." She said softly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back