Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Akihiro) (Straight
Wand
Curved 13 Inch Swishy Ebony Wand with Demiguise Hair Core
((Open after Kadi))

It wasn't Beauxbatons, but Hogwarts was at least beautiful. That was one thing she had looked forward to about coming here. Lord of the Rings had long been some of Giulia's favourite movies, and getting to see all that breathtaking beauty in person was an opportunity that almost made leaving home behind worth it. Almost. It certainly softened the blow, and Giulia knew that she would wind up spending a lot of time outdoors here. Despite the cold she had decided to brave the outdoors, heading down onto the lawn and just taking in the scenery. It was everything Giulia had wanted it to be, and she could absolutely imagine herself as a heroic elf princess roaming these lands, sneaking through the forest with bow in hand, searching for orcs to take down... it was all beautiful, and Giulia wished she had a friend she could talk to, someone she could play make-believe elf games with. Louis would never agree to it, far too cool for Giulia, and she didn't know anyone else at Hogwarts she could actually talk to.

Felix was still trying to figure out what this whole Hogwarts thing was about. He thought his second hand knowledge from Sawyer and Theia would be more helpful but he still found himself getting lost and not sure how to talk to the kids in his lessons. He never had any trouble talking to his family but he just didn't know these kids at all and every time he tried to think of something to say it was always about weird facts he knew about clowns or a random knock knock joke he learned years ago. But at least he had Clive with him. He wasn't sure if it was normal to bring your pet to class with you but he needed a friendly face around for moral support. Felix looked down at the frog carefully stowed away in his terrarium and sighed. He was on his way to the lake to see how if Clive liked it down there when he spotted a girl from his year sitting by herself. He took a deep breath. "You can do this." he said to himself before approaching her tentatively. He might not be able to handle all of his classmates at once but one should be manageable. "Hi!" he said brightly. "What are you doing out here?" he asked curiously.

So far, Evie was having the best time ever at Hogwarts. There was so much to explore and so much fun she could have. Coming to Hogwarts, Evie was scared that it would be similar to a prison, but instead she was glad to not be able to go home as she needed the time to check everything out and hopefully know all of the the ins and outs of the castle by her senior years. The girl made her way down to the lawn, two of her dragon figurines clutched tightly in each hand as she breathed in the fresh air around her. There was just so much to do, and Evie barely had enough time. She held her figurines up in the air and began running along the grass, watching her dragons fly in the wind. They soared, gliding through the trees and doing loops as they went. Ahead, Evie spotted two people she recognised from the sorting ceremony, and she came to a halt. "Hey guys! Do you wanna play with my dragons with me?" she asked, hoping they wouldn't think she was weird.

Giulia was distracted from her thoughts by a boy approaching her, and she quickly scrambled to focus on a response. She shrugged quietly, gesturing around to the nature around them. "Looking at... euh, the forest..." She replied, wishing for the thousandth time that everyone here just spoke French. It would be so much easier to make friends if she didn't have to struggle to even start a conversation. Thankfully, the situation was quickly interrupted by the arrival of another girl. Giulia could have understood what she was saying if she had tried, but she was immediately distracted by the tiny dragons swirling ahead of the girl. "Oh my god, they're beautiful!" Giulia squealed, too excited to bother with English.

Felix waited patiently for the girl to say something. Part of him wondered if he had somehow asked her the wrong question. He shifted the terrarium in his hands and was surprised when she answered him with heavily accented English. “The forest?” he repeated, unsure if that’s what she actually meant but he was immediately distracted by another girl with tiny dragon figurines. ”Sure!” he said brightly with his eyes fixed to the tiny dragons. But at the same time he nervously held Clive closer. He knew the dragons weren’t real but he couldn’t stop thinking about just how squishy his frog was. “And what she said.” he added with a grin and pointed to the first girl. He thought she had spoken French but he couldn’t be certain and he had no idea what she said but she sounded excited which was a good sign. "I'm Felix by the way, and this is Clive." he announced.

As the girl started to speak in French, Evie's eyes widened. She wasn't fluent in the language, but recognised that she was calling her dragons beautiful. She hadn't met anyone other than her family who spoke fluent French and found this rather interesting. "Yes, my dragons are beautiful!" she exclaimed back to her in French. She jumped up and down slightly on the spot, excited to meet someone who was French as it was the only other language she sort of knew. She looked at the boy, wondering if he could speak French too, but he spoke to her in English which made her think that maybe he didn't know. He was holding a frog which he introduced as Clive. "A pet frog, that's cool! I wanted to bring a pet, but I already have pets at home and my mother didn't let me bring them." The girl shrugged, knowing she couldn't bring her dog anyway as it wasn't on the list of animals that were allowed.

Giulia had been distracted by the dragons, barely imagining anything could be better, but that wonder was forgotten almost at once as the girl spoke in French. "You speak French! Oh my god! I didn't think anyone here did!" She said in delight, completely ignoring the boy in her excitement. "I don't speak English, I've been so lonely here! Are you from France?" She asked, all else forgotten in the excitement of meeting someone she could actually talk to.

Felix looked back and forth quickly between both girls as they started to speak in what he was fairly certian was French. He gripped Clive's terrarium a little closer as the first girl seemed very excited that the other girl knew the language. When the second girl turned her attention back to him it took him a few seconds to recognize what she said as English. "Thanks." he said sheepishly and looked down at his frog who blinked up at him. "W-what kind of pets?" he asked curiously. As much as he wanted to have more animals at home he knew it was a bad idea with only Dad and Thistle to take care of them now. "My siblings have an owl but I never know if that really counts." Felix added with a shrug.

The French girl seemed to get really excited when Evie started speaking the language too, and admittedly Evie was a little taken aback. She understood the key words of the girl's sentence. Something about not speaking English and being lonely. She also asked if she was from France. "I never went to France. Mother is French. Father is Mexican." she told her, keeping her sentences simple as she wasn't as fluent in the language as the girl was. "Why do you go here... and not Beauxbatons?" Evie figured it would've been easier for her to go there with the language barrier, as it would be very hard to attend classes not knowing the language. She then turned to the boy as he asked her about her pets. "We have a pug, he's a bit stupid though, but we also have a Labrador and she's my favourite." she responded, nodding as he talked about his owl. "Of course owls count, any animal that is a companion is a pet."

Giulia had almost forgotten that the English-speaking boy was there entirely, so focused on finally having someone to speak to properly that the rest of the world had stopped mattering. She shrugged when the girl asked why she wasn't at Beauxbatons, upset showing clearly on her face as she answered. "Papa hated going to Beauxbatons and we have family here, so he decided to move us down here for school instead of staying at home. But he never taught me much English, so I just... never know what's going on." She grumbled, trying hard not to feel bitter about the whole situation.

Felix scratched his head as the girls continued their conversation in French. He wondered if everyone at Hogwarts knew multiple languages. He would have to ask Leo about that later. “Oh! I love dogs.” he said excitedly once the conversation switched back to English. He laughed a little as she talked about her pets and shrugged when she said owls counted as pet. “I guess so.” he admitted. “I just don’t think it likes me much.” Felix made an effort and turned to the French girl. “Bonjour? That’s French right?” he asked optimistically and smiled. “What’s your name?” he said slowly and tried to make sure he spoke as clearly as he could. He had no idea what it was like to be somewhere where he didn't know the language. The closest he got was this conversation and he could tell it wasn't very fun. He could only imagine how much it must suck to have to deal with school stuff on top of it.

Evie tried her best to listen, and nodded as the Ravenclaw responded to her in French. "I'm sorry you don't know English too much. I can try to help." she offered, not too sure how much help she could be. She had never taught anyone anything before, but thought it would be nice to teach her so she could potentially join in on some Hogwarts fun.

Evie beamed as the boy said he loved dogs. "Me too!" she exclaimed, almost jumping on the spot. She was glad to be already finding people with the same interests as her. "I'm sure your owl likes you. They still have feelings, and I know that if I was an owl and I was well looked after and cared for then I would love my owner." As he started trying to talk to the Ravenclaw girl, Evie chuckled. "He asks what your name is." she said quietly to her in hopes that it would help.

Giulia had just about forgotten about the boy with her entirely until he said bonjour, embarrassment flashing through her as she realised she had been rude. "I am sorry, I have not... seen people here who speak French." She said, pausing between words as she tried to figure out if she was using the right ones. "My name is Giulia, it is nice to meet you." She added before switching back to French to speak to the girl. "Oh, yes, please!" She said eagerly. "It's so hard to learn, none of the sounds make any sense or sound like they're written. I really need help, and my brother doesn't like helping me." She complained.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back