Wizard school voting

Which option do you prefer? See post for details.

• Option 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Option 2

• Option 3

• Option 4

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Harkonnen

Wand
It's made of wood, I suppose
Alright, citing lack of other ideas, I'm putting this up to a vote. If you do not like any of the options, vote for the last one and then post as to why. I will give this 1 or two weeks, depending on responses.

1.[ul][li]Salem Witches School - a girls-only school in Salem, Massachusetts.</LI>
[li]Another boys-only school in New England.
[li]A co-ed, French speaking school in Quebec.
[li]A co-ed school in the southern US, possibly in New Orleans.
[li]A co-ed school in the North West US or British Columbia, serving also Alaska.
[li]A co-ed school in Hawai'i.
[/li][/ul]
2.[ul][li]Salem Witches School - a girls-only school in Salem, Massachusetts.
[li]A co-ed, French speaking school in Quebec.
[li]A co-ed school in the southern US, possibly in New Orleans.
[li]A co-ed school in the North West US or British Columbia, serving also Alaska.
[li]A co-ed school in Hawai'i.
[li]Another co-ed school in the American Southwest
[/li][/ul]
3.[ul][li]Salem Witches School - a girls-only school in Salem, Massachusetts.
[/li][/ul]
4.[ul][li]A co-ed school in or around Salem.
<LI>[li]A co-ed school on the west coast.
[/li][/ul]
This is only a preliminary vote. Suggestions may still be given to change the ideas for a later vote.

Hmm, I think I may have to vote other because I would like "A co-ed school in the North West US or British Columbia, serving also Alaska. "
To have it as definitely BC such that Canada has an English speaking Wizarding School.

As Freya said, Canadian culture is different than American culture.

Allow me to complicate the matter with adjectives and specifics. How about:

Girls-only school in Salem
Co-ed school in the Great Lakes region
Co-ed school in the deep south
A small private school in California
A small school in Hawai'i
Co-ed school in southern BC
A small Francophone school in Quebec

Fred McElroy said:

hehe, I'd vote for that :)

Why would it be in the deep south? I suggested New Orleans because there's a bunch of crazy cajun and voodoo folklore and shtuff down there. No offense to anybody here, but Alabama and co.? Not really that exciting in the magical sense.

I think he meant that was the Deep South Ford.

You ever been down there?

Alabama and Louisiana along with parts of Georgia and Florida could be their own Country with how everyone acts.

I haven't voted yet.

But this does not make sense to me. I understand Salem, because that would be like a small school based upon the community itself. (Been there once)
But if there was like another school in America, why would muggel sent there child to NZ? Unless I'm being a dee dee, and don't know what co-ed means.

I never really got pass by the part of who assigned the kids in school? So I just want to know because there would be a Ministry for each of there school. right? Would America have one on their own?

Again please I take this all back if I'm going a little off topic.

Roswald Hollawarth said:
I haven't voted yet.

But this does not make sense to me. I understand Salem, because that would be like a small school based upon the community itself. (Been there once)
But if there was like another school in America, why would muggel sent there child to NZ? Unless I'm being a dee dee, and don't know what co-ed means.

I never really got pass by the part of who assigned the kids in school? So I just want to know because there would be a Ministry for each of there school. right? Would America have one on their own?

Again please I take this all back if I'm going a little off topic.
Co-ed means boys and girls.

There is a ministry for each country. Not each school.

Fred McElroy said:

I like this idea but there might still need to be one in Alaska then.

sorry Ford :unsure:

Andromeda Fiorelli said:
Fred McElroy said:

The BC one would serve Alaska and most of Canada except the fancophones.

Professor Nicolas King said:
Andromeda Fiorelli said:
Fred McElroy said:

The BC one would serve Alaska and most of Canada except the fancophones.
well there you go then -- all taken care of! :D

As far as I'm concerned here are the schools:

HNZ
Hogwarts in Scotland
Durmstrang
Beauxbatons
A school located in Brazil (could be boys only)
Salem Witches Institute located in USA (could be girls only school)

This is from information from the lexicon. We've added on HNZ, but I really think we should continue to stick to the books and JKR's world as she created it as much as possible. This is my opinion, I'm willing to hear more about it, but would like to say that this is the route I prefer.

This is not to say that there couldn't be private teachers or whatnot located in other parts of the world; the home-schooled people and so on.

JKR said in an interview that the American kids have their own place to go as Hogwarts in Scotland only Serves Great Britain and Ireland.
So, there are other ones. This is just to discuss how many and where.

It wouldn't affect the "HNZ Canon" as I call it :)

Professor Nicolas King said:
JKR said in an interview that the American kids have their own place to go as Hogwarts in Scotland only Serves Great Britain and Ireland.
So, there are other ones. This is just to discuss how many and where.

It wouldn't affect the "HNZ Canon" as I call it :)
Right, but I didn't see why America would have two schools, so I left that one out in favor of the one that is actually called by name as the Salem Witches Institute.

America is going to have more than two schools or that's what it looks like. Anyway Ameria is a big place a whole continent I think it deserves two schools at least.

Overall my problem is that there would have to be a lot of people changing their backstories of where they are from. If someone says that their character on HNZ is from Boston and it's a girl, then why wouldn't her parents send her to a school just down the road rather than send her all the way to New Zealand. Adding more schools just brings up more questions on why someone would send their child across the country to attend HNZ. So, my problem is the changes that would have to occur in everyone's background.

Additionally, what about the hundreds of other possibilities for South America, Asia, Africa, and the other areas (like Mexico, Russia, etc.). I see that all these suggestions are only for North America.

Same reson someone in real life sends thier kid to a school in another district because they think it's better and Hogwarts is soppoed to be the best magic school in the world so most would assume that Hogwarts New Zeland is qualy so.

I am currently discussing things with Alicia via PM, so there is no need to argue here at this point. You may continue giving your own arguments for your own ideas.

-Ford

I was just giving my thoughts so there's no need and everyone can ingnore me if you want.

Alicia Barker said:
Overall my problem is that there would have to be a lot of people changing their backstories of where they are from. If someone says that their character on HNZ is from Boston and it's a girl, then why wouldn't her parents send her to a school just down the road rather than send her all the way to New Zealand. Adding more schools just brings up more questions on why someone would send their child across the country to attend HNZ. So, my problem is the changes that would have to occur in everyone's background.
I agree with Alicia. If were throwing Logic out the window, than its settle. Besides your talking about America, that school will be discovered and closed so fast. LOL Salem on the under hand another story I guess. If they found that out, they would just thinks its a "Fake witch school"

Fred McElroy said:

Ok not to sound like I hate america or anything cos I don't but why should the USA be getting all those schools , when Europe only has like three. ( a continent) :blink:

Because of population and the belief that Europe has more schools than we hear about.
For instance, Hogwarts in Scotland solely serves the UK. If you take the population in the UK and compare it to that of the USA then logically they need more schools.
At any rate, this is an excruciatingly old discussion.
I don't seen the need to bump old discussions such as this, especially when they regard site policy or were presented by users who are no longer active.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back