Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Michael
Wand
Knotted 10 1/2 Inch Sturdy Pear Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Margo had asked Cameron to meet her in the student lounge which wasn't the most private of locations but she had found a quiet corner where they could talk. Actually talk. They had hung out last semester but they hadn't really talked, and especially not about this. But her first search with Abby hadn't gotten her anywhere which wasn't surprising. It wasn't like her brother had gone to Hogwarts but she just hoped a library of all places would have some kind of information even if deep down she knew it didn't really work like that. She still needed to talk to Professor Le Fey but it was becoming clearer and clearer that she couldn't do this by herself. And while Isadora wasn't here she had to lean on Cameron and hope that he'd be willing to handle the weight.

Cameron knew he hadn't been the best of company this year, still furious at Isadora for switching schools with barely a goodbye spared for them. He'd had to remind himself after Margo asked him to hang out that he should probably be more grateful for the friend he had who still stuck around, intent on at least trying to be a little more fun to be around today than usual.

"Hey, how's... Things," he asked, spotting Margo tucked away in the corner of the lounge, grateful they had a little privacy at least as he joined her. The attempt at levity rang a little false but at least he was trying.

Margo looked up and smiled dryly as Cameron joined her. "Oh I'm doing just fantastic." she said sarcastically and nudge the chair he was sitting in with her foot. She knew he had taken Isadora leaving just as hard as she had but they had very different ways of expressing it, and as much as she valued his friendship their combined misery wasn't exactly a great combination. But that wasn't what she wanted to dwell on right now. She was determined again and she was hoping it would be enough to push through everything else. "I've been thinking....of taking on a...project." she said cryptically but she wasn't sure how to bring this up. "I'm trying to find someone." she blurted out hoping it would at least pique Cameron's interest.

"Makes one of us," Cameron muttered, though he still offered Margo a tight smile as he propped an elbow on the chair arm, giving an exasperatedly fond eyeroll as he swayed as she nudged the chair. It was a relief when Margo seemed content to move on from the small talk, they both knew it wasn't Cameron's forte, though he couldn't suppress his frown when she mentioned finding someone. "It's not uh," Cameron cleared his throat, "It's not whoever sent you that rose, right?" He asked, sinking in his chair and feeling his shirt ruck up as he remembered the uncomfortable conversation with Aine over Valentine's. If Margo really did want to date some idiot like Valerius Cameron wasn't sure what he was going to do.

Margo ignored Cameron’s comment and instead braced for his reaction. Would he want to help? Would she be able to do this without him? She wasn’t sure about either of those questions. But when he spoke again some tension left her shoulders but she ended up furrowing her brow instead. “Rose?” she asked, confused. Suddenly she remembered her anonymous rose and she clenched her fist. Was that really what he thought of her? Of course she wanted to know who had sent it to her but she also knew it wasn’t that important. And if someone wanted to be with her they wouldn’t hide. “No.” she said sharply and held in the anger that she still felt. Maybe this was for the best. Anger was somewhat easier to deal with than fear. “It’s my brother.” she blurted out. “I have a brother and I want to find him.”

Cameron raised his hands as if to fend off Margo's sudden rage when he mentioned the rose, shuffling back slightly in his seat to put a little extra distance in case she tried to hit him again. Girls could be so touchy about that sort of thing. "Okay, okay, sorry," he muttered, glancing at Margo questioningly when she finally explained what this was actually about. "I didn't know you had a brother," he said pensively, tilting his head as if trying to imagine was a guy version of Margo might look like. "But sure uh. What do you need me to do?"

Margo relaxed slightly as Cameron apologized. She was shocked it had been so easy to get those words out of him. But as her anger faded it was replaced with equally unpleasant feelings. "I know." she said sheepishly. "I don't like to talk about it. Him." she admitted and shifted in her seat. "My family isn't the most...put together and it's not something I like to bring up with just anyone." Margo explained and hoped he would understand the kind of trust she was putting in him. She smiled slightly when asked what she needed from him. It wasn't an outright refusal which was good enough. "I just...need someone to help me look. I've talked to Professor Le Fey about scrying to try and see him. I don't really have a lot to go on." she explained but quickly started to feel overwhelmed. "I just can't do this alone." she finished, her voice sounding small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back