Why today? Why at all...

Melissa Pappus

OOC First Name
Taylor
Wand
Almond Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Phoenix Tail Feather
Melissa ran, letter still clutched in hands, tears filling in her eyes. Why did this happen? She couldnt explain it. It was these purebloods and there stupid parents. He couldnt have seen her in person? It was a letter. Such pain scribbled on such a simple peice of parchment. The second time, hurt as much as the first.

She had ran from her shop after recieving the letter from Chadarnus. Her husband, the one she loved with more than she could ever explain had sent it. Sure they had problems, but why now? Why today? She had just started at her new job and now she was running out, tears streaming to the point where she could not see. Her heart bursting, but it was all so unbelievable.

Melissa stopped, not entirely sure of where she was. Her marraige was over. Her second marriage had failed, all thanks to Chadarnus's ridiculous parents. She wouldnt sit on the ground, or lean against a wall. Instead she threw her face into her hands and cried, soft tears, of failure and of sorrow.

Lisa hated Bleak Street. Just hated it. She was attacked here before, and just being here petrifed her.

She didn't know why she had come down here, to the darkest part of the alley. She had heard sobbing, and had come to investigate. Lisa loved to help people.

There was a woman on the ground, crying. Lisa stood still; she had thought it was a child, or even a teenager. Someone remotely close to her age.

Mel didnt know how long she had been standing there, she felt so childish. So pathetic. Yet she still could not stop the tears. Not even a chance to see if this could work out. In the letter it had said he was leaving and never coming back. It was so harsh. Melissa still couldnt explain or understand it.

Footsteps startled her and she looked up from where she was standing. There was a young girl. Melissa wiped her eyes hastily. She didnt want to frighten anyone. Today just wasnt a good day for her. Sinse when do people come down here anyway?

Lisa blushed, caught red-handed. She backed away slowly.

"I-I'm sorry," she stammered, "I-I didn't mean t-to disturb you. I heard you and wanted to help."

The woman didn't want her here and Lisa knew it. But she couldn't just turn and run...could she?

Mel raised a hand and shook off what the girl was saying, she felt guilty for startling her. "No, no dear im fine." She shook her hand, clearing her throat and making an effort to compose herself. It was dark anyway. "I appreciate you wanting to help me, that was very thoughtful of you." She said kindly, with her usual motherly tone whenever she spoke to children. Clearing her throat again as it was still scratchy she tried again. "What are you doing down here anyway?" She asked, a bit concerned.

"I, I..." Lisa broke off, not knowing what to say. She couldn't say that she was trying to shake off her fear of the place; that would make her sound stupid. Instead, she just used a random excuse.

"I was passing through on the way to meet my aunt." she said finally. "Are you sure you're okay?"

Melissa nodded sharply and a stray tear fell to the ground. It was a reminder of the heart ache, but she swallowed down her sorrow. "Im fine sweetie." She said motherly. "Just having a bad time." She forced a smile. "Ill be okay, no need to worry about me." She said and laughed a little, although it was extremely unconvincing.

Asparuh apparated into Bleak Street, just returning from "doing the wizarding world a favor" in Russia. His hair was pulled back, and his black robes fluttered around him. He removed his hood. Asparuh began to walk through the streets, when a noise perturbed him. A child, a little girl's voice. Narrowing his eyes, black with the absence of light in the area, he followed the sound.

Asparuh watched in silence. A woman, just getting done from crying her heart out, and a child trying to comfort her. Asparuh regretted not having his staff with him. However, his wand would do. Folding his arms across his chest, his Dark Mark hidden. His eyes filled with amusement. There was nothing better than watching someone in pain. He murmured icily in the dark, "Woman, this is no place for tears or children." His last word was harsh, and stressed.

Melissa's head shot to the new voice. She couldnt see at all in the darkness of this alley, but the voice was that of a man. She straightened up to her full height, which wasnt all that tall, but it made her feel a little less pathetic. Her eyes shot to the young girl, hoping this man wouldnt try to hurt her. "What might it be the place for then?" She asked in a strong tone. One would not be able to tell she had been crying at all.

Lisa smiled at the woman. She was just about to go pat her when a man's voice came from behind.

"Woman, this is no place for tears or children."

Lisa jumped, wheeling around to see a man looking at them.

Oh snaps. I was caught, she thought, trying to see a way to get out, but failing miserably.

"I-I was just leaving," Lisa stammered. "I wasn't doing anything wrong."

((Lisa, he doesn't have his wand out...and his mark is hidden, so you couldn't tell if he was a DE))

Asparuh approached them, his moves silent. The light revealed his face, cold and blank. No hint of concern. Asparuh stared at the child, then back to the woman. He smirked slightly, seeing her trying to sound brave. Asparuh answered curtly, "It is a place not safe for children. Rather common sense if you look at the items and others around here." Asparuh glanced down at the girl. Was she brainless for coming here? If Asparuh wasn't in his 'civil' mood, he would have cursed her right here and now.

However, he didn't, since he was caught last time, and nearly caused Kalif to be exposed to the Hogwarts school. Asparuh glared at the girl, "You are, simply by being here. If you were leaving, I suggest you leave before you are harmed." Asparuh did not want the women to think he was a Death Eater. His cover would be completely blown. He still did not appear as a 'good' guy.

Melissa nodded curtly. "I do agree with you to some degree." She looked down at the girl, it wasnt really safe for her to be here, especially now that Mel knew what kind of men lurked in these areas. Melissa didnt want to start a fight with this man. She wasnt having a great time and the reminding of that made her eyes sting. Although she would not cry, not now. She had plenty of time for that later.

Well I know THAT, Lisa thought. She could have almost rolled her eyes had it not been that she was so scared of this man.

"I-I'd better go," she said, darting around the man and walking briskly away. She turned a corner and stopped, peeking aorund so she could still see the drama unfold. She could help the nice woman if needs be.

Asparuh listened to the girl as she walked away. However, he heard her stop, and knew that she would be watching. Asparuh gave a cold glance to the girl, and turned to the woman. Asparuh cocked his head slightly to the side. "Some degree..." he repeated. "Don't you know anything of this place? Death Eaters and those just as evil walk these alleys. They would be happy to pick off a few mudblood children." Asparuh hated mudbloods. They tainted the wizarding world. "Now, what do you disagree with me about?"

Melissa knew the girl had stopped and inwardly sighed, it wasnt safe for a young girl to be here, at least the man knew that. Mel kept her head held high. "For one i disagree with your use of the word mudblood." She said firmly, she hated the word. "I agree with you in the sense that young children should not be down these alleys, but there was no need to speak rudely to her." Melissa was motherly to any child she met. It was in her instinct, she disliked people looking down at children as if they themselves were never such beings.

Asparuh could not help but laugh at the woman. Asparuh replied in a mocking voice, "I must apologize for using the word mudblood then. I was raised that way to call muggle-borns what they really are. Dirty blood." He obviously didn't mean his apology. However, he was raised to label them as mudblood. Asparuh's face returned to it's statue appearance. Asparuh shrugged carelessly, "I spoke to her just as I do to my children and grandchildren. I see no rudeness in my action. In fact, I was speaking rather nicely, warning her of the dangers that unfolded here." Asparuh kept his motionless posture, his black eyes staring at the woman.

Mel inwardly groaned. "Being raised to believe something doesnt make it right." She said, her voice faltering slightly. Her marriage was over because of blood difference. It was such a touchy subject in the wizarding world, but it was always present. "Fair enough, i have no need to argue with you about your parental behaviour." She said softly. She wanted to be strong and tried her hardest to do so, she did not want to seem weak in front of this man, but she really could not do a thing to stop herself in this situation. Her world was crumbling and it hurt.

Asparuh smirked, "If you say that even mudbloods belong in this world, then it is your belief. 'Right' when it comes to blood is all powered by beliefs, if you think of it. What reason do you believe that about the whole pure and dirty blood subject?" Asparuh could not help but laugh in his mind. This is getting mildly interesting. Perhaps I won't have to kill her today. Asparuh thought darkly. Although, he had only two pureblood children, and the other three were mixed. He was out for Chavdar's head, and the girl was no where to be found, even after years of hunting her down. Does that make him a bad parent? No, it was Liyla's choice, and did it behind my back. I should have gotten the muggles' names before I killed her. "Smart choice, not to question me."

Melissa listened to the mans explanation of beliefs on blood status. He was extremely correct in his statements. "You are quite correct." She nodded slightly, she would admit she was wrong, only because his statement had no other argument. "I have no particular beliefs apart from the fact that anyone with magical ability should not be treated any different to another, with a larger background of magic." She said firmly. "There shouldnt be unwritten rules about purebloods and them being superior to others." She said somewhat harshly, but it was more to herself than to the man in front of her. Chadarnus's parents did this to her. Pureblood beliefs had destroyed everything.

Asparuh's face went back to a stern, blank appearance as he listened. Asparuh knew the pureblood rules, for he himself was one. Asparuh stated, "I have yet to meet a likable mudblood, and to be quite honest, I was superior over that thing." Asparuh glanced down, and back to the woman. He inquired, his tone of voice sharp and like ice, "I take it that purebloods have done something horrid to you." Who was to blame them? This woman is...off. That may be because she isn't pure. Asparuh's eyes filled with hate, over his late wife not being pure, and lying to him about it, after she already bore his spawns. Only one proved to be a successful man, and that was Kalif.

Melissa chose to ignore the next statement the man made, but not being able to block out the last one. Done something horrible? If he only knew, he would probably hunt out Chadarnus's parents and write them a congratulation letter. Melissa wanted to roll her eyes, but thought better of it. Why was she still talking to this man? Perhaps because it was a distraction from her devastating thoughts, but it wasnt much of a distraction if they were about to talk about it. "Yes, they have, although i cannot blame all pureblood for something done of only two people." She said, hate slipping into her voice at the mention of Chadarnus's parents. She shook her head. "I dont even know why im talking to you at all." She said softly. "Surely you have something better to do than talk to someone who isnt as pure as you are." She said it without any emotion in her voice.

Asparuh laughed softly, and grinned ever so slightly, making him appear slightly nicer. However, it was all fake. Once she spoke, he could not help but see the familiarity of this situation. It sounded familiar. He did not have enough information about her event to connect it with his own. Asparuh muttered, "My son doesn't believe the same way I do. He actually likes those mudbloods." This displeased him greatly. Asparuh shook his head, "Actually, I was hunting down my daughter, but I decided to take a break. To be quite honest, I wouldn't have spoken to you until I heard your crying and that girl. And now, I find you rather...interesting to talk to." Asparuh wanted to figure out what these purebloods did, and use it to torture her, just to hear her cry again. It brought him amusement.

Melissa nodded, but she wasnt truly listening. It was most likely something nasty about mudbloods. She needed to get back to her shop, with that thought she cast a tempus once the man had finished speaking. She hadnt been gone too long. "How am i interesting to talk to?" She wondered catching the last part of his statement, she guessed it was because she was depressed and he enjoyed it. "I should probably get back to the shop." She mumbled, it was her first day and she was now arguing with a pureblood man in a dark alley instead of doing her job. Sighing she accepted the fact for what it was, she owned the shop anyway. There were assistants to take care of things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back