Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Demisexual
Wand
Curly 11 Inch Rigid Blackthorn Wand with Basilisk Skin Core
Cassius Styx could definitely kill his older brother for bringing him to the park. At least it was a magical community, which helped somewhat. Cassius cast a glare at Daemyn who read a book under a tree. Cass scoffed as he walked around the park with his arms shoved inside of his pockets. What if some of these kids had unfamiliar backgrounds? What if they were muggle-borns or half-bloods? At least Dante was having some fun running around. Cass shook his head as the blonde took off. He looked around to see if he could find something interesting to do. The young Styx started to walk around the track. The others were just running around, having fun, playing on the equipment but not him. He didn't want to nor did he care. He wanted nothing to do with kids like that unless he knew their backgrounds. He didn't want to waste his time after all.

He cracked his knuckles as he heard his brother, Dante, call for him. As he walked down around, with his head turned, he managed to walk right into someone since he was not paying any attention. Immediately, he sneered, "God, watch where you are going!" As if he could be faultless. After all, what could he have done wrong in this situation? People needed to stay out of his way. That was obvious, right?

Dahlia hadn't liked having to leave all her friends back at home. But at least 'having to move for dad's work' was an easy excuse to make, as opposed to 'oh, sorry, I'm a witch and need to go to magic school'. That excuse might have been easy to buy if it was Zinnia - her sister was strange enough - but nobody would have believed it from Dahlia. Also, she'd been told in express terms by the serious looking ministry people that she wasn't to tell a soul anything. It had been difficult saying goodbye and not actually explaining anything, but at least she'd have the chance to make new friends now. Maybe there'd be some wizard kids who'd play netball. And robes were kind of ugly, but maybe there were some more fashionable ones out there? She was optimistic about what life had in store for her, despite everything.

If only Zinnia could have been more enthusiastic! Or even done anything. Dahlia looked back at her sister, hiding away underneath a tree and just kind of staring at everyone. "Weirdo," Dahlia mouthed at her sister, before walking straight into a boy who looked about her age who also had plainly not been watching where he was going. She hadn't either, but the fact that he was so rude to her and didn't just apologize wasn't something else. She stared directly at the boy, folding her arms. "Uh, rude. You should've gotten out of the way." She knew technically she was supposed to politely say 'oh, excuse me' and move on, but she liked to stand her ground.

Cassius could not believe the audacity of people here in New Zealand! How dare they, inferior creatures, dare run into him? Even on his first day back here, he ran into an idiot muggle. At least these kids had magical blood in their veins. As far as he knew. What if they had muggle backgrounds? Oh the thought of being touched by one of those things was enough to send goosebumps up his spine. How disgusting! Cass scoffed, “Someone of my status don’t move out of people’s way. Learn your place.” Cass dusted himself off as if someone had just thrown dirt all over his nice robes. Since he didn’t know this girl or what she had running in her veins, it was best to assume half-blood at least.

The boy looked in the direction of his brother, and stepped around the girl. “See? How easy is it to do this? Since I am bigger, you must either be blind or stupid. No matter. Suppose it can’t be helped now, can it.” It was not often that someone actually challenged him that was not related to him, but maybe this girl would learn not to push his buttons. Even if she were a girl, Cass didn’t care.

Last edited:
Dahlia couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at his comment. She'd known plenty of kids who had well off parents, usually CEOs and the like, but for a lot of them they weren't this bad. Spoiled, maybe, like 'check out the new phone my dad bought me', or 'we'll we're going to Aspen for the holidays'. She wasn't immune to it herself. She hadn't seen someone so actively threatening when it came to status, though. At least that was what she was assuming, another kid with parents who had money and power. "I'm sure mummy and daddy can buy you new robes if you're that worried about someone touching them, can't they?" she bit back, somewhat annoyingly.

Dahlia put on a serene smile when he stepped around her. "No, it wasn't hard at all. I'm glad you've shown you can do it so you won't run in to anyone else running around in the park. Well done." Her voice grated with sarcasm. Her teammates and coach in her old netball team had described her as something of a pitbull - tenacious and unable to let things go. Still, she was a great center. She had that at least.

Cassius had to remind himself that people didn't know him, or his family, without being told. If they had not heard of his family, then he would assume that they were disgusting muggle-borns. Then he would know to leave them be. Because ew. Then, she had the gall to say that his parents could buy him new robes. So she definitely noticed how he was acting. "Of course they can. Unlike most others, I have old family wealth. Even my big brother over there," gestured toward his older brother who was reading a book in the shade, "is a world famous duelist!" So, he might be exaggerating a lot because his big brother was just starting his career, and was definitely not world famous.

Good thing that Daemyn couldn't hear because he would have been corrected immediately. Cass just wanted to rub it in that he was better than others, but this girl continued to push his buttons. He put his hands on his hips and glowered at her. "People should be honored that I run into them. Not that I have." He still denied that this was his fault after all. "Someone of my status giving another person attention? That is just the highlight of their year." He narrowed his eyes a bit.
"If you came from a magical family, you would know that purebloods are on top of the chain."

Dahlia shouldn't have been surprised. Of course it was old money. Her family had been pretty well off back home in Melbourne, having a very nice house in the inner suburbs and having enough money to send her and Zinnia to good schools. Her parents were well off, and from a good family - she wasn't quite at CEO's kid level, but she certainly was in good enough standing to take pride in her parentage. That wasn't necessarily the case amongst wizards, it seemed. "If he's so famous why is he reading a book at a kid's park?" she asked, a little smugly.

The rude boy went on to mention he was a pureblood. She didn't really know too much about it, other than it sounded like the jokes her father made about everyone in Tasmania having two heads. Dahlia hadn't gotten that at first, but Zinnia had explained it was a joke about inbreeding. Which was gross, and even grosser that her eight year old sister understood what that meant. "You're gonna have to give other people the time of day, aren't you? Or everyone's just gonna think you're the weird loner kid 'cause you won't talk to people who aren't pureblood...whatever that means." She shrugged off the last bit. If she had magic powers, she had just as much right to be there as anyone else, as now they were all kind of outliers in society and had to work together.

Cassius glared at the girl that pointed out why his brother was reading. As if famous people had to have crowds of people around them at all times? Even if Daemyn wasn’t famous. The girl didn’t know that, but he was sure that his brother would be known around the world one day! He was just giving him a head start was all. “What, people can’t have a hobby outside of their career? Wow, you really are narrow minded.” That was perfectly rich coming from him since he was possibly as narrow minded as they could get at his age. After all, he was just parroting off the beliefs that he was raised with. “And my brother is a secret nerd so there’s that too.” At least that was the truth. His brother was a nerd in his eyes, always reading a book any chance he could get. If he were sorted, it was possible that he might have been a Ravenclaw or a Slytherin.

Wait, she didn’t know what pureblood was? He ignored the rest, but only those that came from the muggle world didn’t know what a pureblood was! His face twisted into disgust as he realized just what ran into him. A filthy muggle-born, no doubt! “Oh god, you came from a stupid muggle family, how disgusting and disgraceful!” Now he really had his day made. He would have to throw away the robes he was wearing (and he was being overdramatic but no one better point that out to him). “For your information, purebloods are magical people that have no muggle lineage. Like me. Trace it as far back as you want and you won’t find a single muggle!” Whether or not that was true was up to debate, but whatever.

Dahlia actually managed to relax for a second, even as the rude boy called her narrow minded. Maybe they actually had something in common, even if it was just having nerdy siblings. "My sister's a nerd, too," she said with a small nod, looking back over to where Zinnia was sitting. Her sister was weird, but maybe being magical would suit her. Dahlia gave her a hard time, but they were still sisters.

Her relaxation instantly faded when the boy started shouting at her about being disgusting because of her family. She balled her hands into fists, standing her ground. Ladies didn't fight, but if this boy was going to start something she was going to be ready. "What, so your parents and grandparents all married their cousins or something?" She didn't really understand exactly what that all meant, but it sounded like it was something nasty to say, so she'd repeat it, naturally. "My mum and dad are super smart and work really hard, so what if they don't have magic?" Dimly she was aware that this was a terrible idea but she was also ten and hot headed, so it was probably too late.

Ugh, that meant that this girl had magical siblings that didn’t belong in the magical world. So gross. Cassius looked in the direction that the girl looked though, just to see. Yep. Nerd. Just like his older brother. But why did this happen to him? Cass hated his life. Then she mentioned inbreeding. The nerve! His family was not like that! He had normal genes! The audacity! His face scrunched into a sneer. He was pissed off. No one said anything bad about his family. "How dare you assume something so disgusting!"

His family was not inbred at all! Sure, his half-sister married his uncle, but neither of them were related. At all. It was so weird to think about. “Some of the purebloods might be like that, but not in my family. My line descends from Bulgaria and Greece.” Well, Russia and France were in there too, but he mainly only counted the Katsaros and the Zhefarovich line. “Insult my family again and I won’t hold back. I have no issue hitting girls.” Of course, he hated it when people insulted his family, but him? Nah, he didn’t care about that.

“So what if they don’t have magic? Muggles are practically the maggots of human race. They tried to burn my kind before! Of course, that didn’t work because magic can change the temperature of the fire or something like that, but yeah, you get what I mean.”

Dahlia was aware she'd probably gone too far, repeating things she didn't really understand. This boy was annoying, though. So rude and entitled. And kind of racist? That wasn't something Dahlia had ever come across before, nor expected to, really. It was something she'd learned about, but until now she'd always been in a pretty fortunate position. "Fine, I won't insult your family, but don't insult mine," she retorted, holding her head up defiantly. Dahlia didn't actually know his family, after all. She didn't really know this boy, either, but he was rude enough that she didn't feel so bad about being rude to him personally in return.

She almost even faltered when he made a comment about witches and wizards getting burned. She only vaguely knew about witch hunting as a concept, though it wasn't something she'd ever really been taught. They'd had no reason to learn about it at school back home. She had learned about similar things, mostly involving British occupation, but not really about witch burning beyond knowing about it as a general concept. But it wasn't as though it was something he'd been personally involved in, since it happened a really really long time ago. And until very recently, nobody she knew had any reason to believe magic was actually real. "That's not fair," she said, sharply. "People are much smarter now than they were then." Possibly not true, but Dahlia was insistent. "And well, I have magic. I didn't ask for it, but I do. And none of my family have tried to burn me, even if they don't have it." It was a very, very narrow world view, but the logic made perfect sense to her.

Cass did like a challenge from time to time, but knowing that someone was challenging him was a muggle-born… That was just annoying. But she had an ultimatum. He could not insult her family, if she did not insult his. He narrowed his silver eyes and huffed, but didn’t comment more on it. He kept his head raised up high - as high as he could anyway while keeping his eye on her. His lips curled into a smirk as she claimed that it wasn’t fair, and how people were smarter now than they were back then. He pointed out, “I sincerely doubt it. But if you want to prove me wrong, when you get your wand, go to a muggle city and show some magic. If muggles are smarter than I believe, then I will concede defeat and never make fun of a muggle-born ever again.”

Of course, what he was not telling her about would be the statute of secrecy or whatever that thing was called to keep the magical world a secret, and what would happen if people, even children, broke that law. He didn’t know the specifics, but he knew what not to do. But, her family was a lot more accepting than muggles that he was told. He shrugged his shoulders, “Because you are their daughter, dummy. Who would want to burn their own daughter? It is easier to condemn a stranger to death than family. At least, I think so.” Cass put his hands on his hips as he looked toward her sister - so he thought it was her sister. “Does your sister have magic too then? Everyone in my family does.”

Dahlia never shrunk down, keeping her shoulders back and head held high. She was exceedingly proud, perhaps arrogant, but she wasn't typically unkind. Usually. She had a certain bullishness that paid off on the netball court, intimidating the opponents and bossing everyone around in a way that meant they won more games than they lost. She didn't lack for charisma, though, and when she wasn't riled up she was a perfectly pleasant young lady.

Unfortunately, she was currently riled up.

However, she was a little deflated by his comment. Not that she'd let that show too obviously. "Sure, I'd do it. 'Cept the Ministry man said that's breaking the law, and nooooo way am I going to jail." Dahlia's tone at least seemed to imply that was the only thing that was in fact stopping her from following up on it. She did kind of wonder how far she could push the legality, though, like could she perform some magic acts like sawing someone in half or the water chamber escape her dad had shown her when she got her letter publicly without breaking the law. "I mean, she probably does? Things have acted weird around her as long as I can remember. She's probably, like, a super powerful witch or something. I dunno." Dahlia didn't care about being a strong or powerful witch. She wanted to learn some magic, meet cool people, and find a way to succeed in whatever she decided she wanted to do eventually. Without realizing it, she mirrored his gesture and put her hands on her hips, tilting her head annoyingly. "Guess anyone can be magical by accident, huh."

It seemed as though the girl was knowing more than she appeared. She already knew the laws, which was unfortunate for him. If he could have prevented a muggle-born from going to school and learning magic, he might have been rewarded with his family! He didn't know, but it seemed plausible given who he came from. But, if the law was not there, would she have done it? Her tone made him believe that she might have. "So, if it weren't a law, you actually would have? You really stand up for what you believe in. I could almost respect that, except that it is wrong." Cass was so stubborn in his ways that he could not see that he was just as bad as the muggles he swore up and down were. But, that was some of the worst, darkest sides of the pureblood prejudice that still existed, and how it was groomed into the children.

Cass looked toward his little brother, who seemed to have more fun on anything that involved climbing and running than anything else. He was going to be an active one, and not some nerd, right? He didn't know what he would do if Dante turned into a Ravenclaw. "Most powerful magical people I know don't have a muggle background like yours. Merlin, Dumbledore, and Voldemort. You'll learn about them in history." It was inevitable that she would be going to the same school as he was. And it sucked. But he even noticed that she was mirroring his stance. "And copying a pureblood like me isn't going to help your case with pulling the lucky straw of genetics."

((i am soooooo sorry))

Dahlia shrugged. This boy was weird. Were all witches and wizards so weird? The ministry people she'd spoken to seemed normal-ish, though that pub guy was kinda weird. This would all suit Zinnia fine, but Dahlia was going to have to find and befriend the cooler witches and wizards when she got to Hogwarts. And this boy was definitely not it. "'Chyeah, whatever you say," Dahlia scoffed. Obviously people loved magic. Dahlia was already thinking about how she could make the most of it without technically breaking the law. She'd looked in to magic shows and she could already imagine herself in front of an adoring crowd recreating Houdini's magic tricks, updating shows for the modern day and very slyly using magic so as not to be caught. After all, if people didn't know they were being shown genuine magic, where was the harm?

"Do all wizards have such silly names?" Dahlia questioned, ignoring the fact her own name sounded like something out of a children's book in the 20th century. "I mean, I've heard of Merlin, but those other names are wild!" She had no idea Merlin was a real person, but it made sense, she guessed. Probably just not in the same way he was shown in movies and TV shows but who knew. She felt like she was on the back foot with him pointing out the mirroring, and quickly folded her arms over her chest. Though she immediately regretted not standing her ground.

Cass was rather bewildered that someone would be so reckless with magic toward muggles. He did not want to spend any time with them, that was for sure. He wanted nothing to do with them. They were bad and worthless in his eyes. Couldn't even come up with a cure for the common cold because the virus kept mutating. Wizards and witches? One potion and they were cured! Muggles obviously needed to be taught a thing or two, but then again, they were all so violent and not worth a grain of table salt, so maybe not. "Your life then. Hope you get sent to prison then, for exposing the wizarding world - if it comes down to it." Although prison here was not as bad it was in the 1990s with the Dementors and such, but still, maybe they could be brought back for that purpose.

The Styx raised an eyebrow at saying some of the names were silly. Okay, some were but he thought that they were normal. "No, just the coolest. Merlin was a Slytherin, and also the most powerful of course. Voldemort was a genocidal dark wizard that was also a Slytherin, and I think Dumbledore was a Gryffindor. The Hogwarts Houses also have weird names so there's that. And seriously, unless your name is normal, can you really judge other names?" He was pretty sure that she didn't say her name yet. He never asked, which was normal for him. He smirked a bit more as she changed her stance pretty darn fast once he pointed it out.

Wizards had such strange priorities, Dahlia had decided. They could basically teleport with no trouble but they couldn't use electricity, or instant communication. They had magical radio but not TV and movies. And they used quills, which was charming, but not exactly practical. And apparently had huge class divide. Which realistically wasn't that different but it still felt like it was. Mostly because now Dahlia was on the lower rung of the social hierarchy after being used to being well regarded. "As if I would," she laughed. Prison wasn't for people like her. And even Dahlia wasn't stupid enough to make a scene with magic.

"Slytherin? Gryffindor?" Dahlia didn't exactly want to learn anything from a boy like this, but she was pretty curious about the school she'd be attending. She didn't bother to give her name, as he wasn't worth knowing it and would probably judge it on his weird wizard scaling. "Those sound...uhh, animal-like." She'd been in a house at her school, Gilmore, but the houses were just a way to divide the students evenly for sports days and didn't have any greater meaning. "Do the houses mean a lot at Hogwarts or something? Like do they play lots of sports and have competitions or what?"

Cassius placed his hand on his forehead. Right, of course she would not know anything about the houses. He only knew the basics, which was because his family went to some of the Hogwarts schools, but not all of them. Daemyn himself went to Durmstrang and excelled there. Cassius wanted to go there to learn Dark Arts, but no, now he was stuck with Hogwarts New Zealand because he was living here. Well, he could always learn what he wanted at home. Just not the spells. Cause the ministry was so restrictive. Lame. "Right, something like you wouldn't know. There are 4 houses in Hogwarts. Gryffindor, the house for the brave. Slytherin, the house for the ambitious. Ravenclaw, the house for the wise. And Hufflepuff, the leftovers."

There were negatives about them all, but he wouldn't really go into it. "They do have animal-ist names. Not sure why but they were named after some ancient people so whoever made their last names. They picked it out on traits or something. Then they put this dirty, unwashed hat on your head that reads your mind and chooses your fate." He knew all about the sorting ceremony, since he was told that by Lucifer. He wouldn't dare go into sports with her. He didn't care about sports so he didn't really see a point in talking about something that he knew little about. That would make him look bad.

As rude as this boy was, Dahlia was interested to learn a little more about the school she'd be going to. It didn't seem like a normal school - the year started at a completely different time, for one. And there was less freedom to go home during term. Most of the girls she knew who'd go to boarding schools were just there during the weeks, or went home every other weekend. Mostly they were country girls who she played netball against and had got chatting to before or after the games. But she'd be at this school nearly all the time, which kind of sucked but she hoped there'd be at least fun things to do there. Dahlia screwed up her face at the mention of a hat, and was a little confused by the house thing. "So this old stinky hat does like a really fast personality test on you? Huh." The houses at her old school had been random and had nothing to do with personality, it was just filling quotas. Although siblings would be put together, since she had to usually had to keep an eye on Zinnia, much to her annoyance. "And a leftovers house? Wow, that sounds pretty lame. Gryffindor actually sounds pretty cool, though," she added, earnestly. Slytherin did too, but Dahlia wasn't exactly fond of snakes, and that was all she could think of whenever she heard the name. "Kinda weird if you like, go through a life changing event and change how you act. Then it's like, oh no, actually I'm scared of everything now but I'm still a Gryffindor, whatever will I do?"

Personality test? Well, that was one way to learn it. Cassius was just doing his daily charity at this point, which was educate the poor. Well, educate the poor genetics was more like it. Who else were they going to learn from? But, overall, it sounded about right for the sorting hat. "Yes. It picks you apart of something. I personally will need to bleach my hair because other muggle-borns will have touched it and the sheer thought makes me want to throw up a little. Or shave my hair off." It was very apparent that he had a lot of issues with muggles, but he could not back it up other than what his mother told him. Even some pure-bloods were bad for neglecting their duties to make more. At the thought of Gryffindor sounded cool, he rolled his eyes rather obviously. "Gryffindor normally has the wanna-be heroes so if you will end up as a martyr... And loud." Were any of his siblings in that house? Some of his family was. And they were not the cool ones. "I don't know. Gotta be something in that old piece of fabric that knows better than you ever will. But once you are sorted, you can't change houses. That's it."

Dahlia quirked an eyebrow at that. "Bleach your hair? Yeah, blonde is not your colour," she said, smirking a little. "Please feel free to go ahead and shave it off, though." It seemed like that would be the funniest joke he'd ever made if he did. Might help the poor souls who were trapped in a dorm with him. Dahlia just hoped no one else who put the hat on had anything gross in their hair, like lice. She'd have to wash hers after, but she wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of admitting that. Dahlia had no intentions of being a hero. Playing one on the stage or screen, maybe. But she was happy not to risk her life if she didn't need to. "That's fine. I mean, I guess it's probably right," Dahlia shrugged, though she was still sure people could change. Not this boy unless they gave him a functioning brain, but most people. "As long as we're not in the same house." She nodded, seriously, intending to get back to what she was doing.

"Hey, I might look even better with blonde hair. You don't know what it would look like. Look at Dante. Only blonde in the family and he looks pretty good with it!" Cass was also being biased. Of course his brother looked good because being pretty was part of being a Styx. And Dante was a cute child. "Why do I get the feeling that you would find it more entertaining than me if I did shave my hair off?" He did not know her thoughts, but he assumed that she would find it funny. Did he have a weird shaped head? His hand went up to touch his scalp to see if there was anything noticeable. He didn't think so, but still. Looking her over, she might be a Gryffindor, but he knew that there was a bit of determination in there to lean toward Slytherin. And pride. Let's not forget that. "Fine. I wouldn't want to share a common room with someone like you either." He shrugged his shoulders before stepping around her. "The name is Cassius Styx. Be sure to remember it if you know what's good for you." With that, he left her without a care in the world. He just hoped that they would not be sorted together. He'd leave the bloody school if that was the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back