OOC First Name
Liv
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Wand
Tulip Wood Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Luckily for the blonde haired, green eyed woman, breakfast was still being served as she gingerly entered the Great Hall through the staff entrance door. A few feet and a whole lot of concentration later found her in her regular seat in the middle of the table, facing outward toward the students. She was a little green around the gills and although she'd taken time with her appearance this morning, if one were to look at her closely they would say she looked like she'd tangled with a pack of rabid centaurs.

Cecily sat there, hunched over slightly in her chair before slowly reaching out and bringing a bowl of fresh fruit toward her. She rummaged through it until she found an over ripe banana, pineapple slices, strawberries and wild berries. She used her wand to do everything for her that morning, not trusting her shaky hands to do much for her except embarrass herself with spills. The banana peeled itself and all of the fruit emptied into a large, conjured glass. Vanilla soy milk and orange juice was added, along with some salt and a sprinkling of cayenne pepper. Lazily she waved her wand over the top of the glass, chin propped on her fist as everything blended itself together to a smooth consistency. She slid her wand into the sheathe buckled to her left forearm. In her current condition, she needed quick and easy access to it, so had foregone any loose clothing.

Only jeans and a short sleeved, sage green peasant blouse and a pair of nearly new trainers. The witch sighed and scrubbed her hand over her face then began to drink her breakfast. She didn't regret her evening out at the Leaky Cauldron. After all she'd met a handsome and funny wizard. She smiled a bit thinking about his laugh. He had been fun and a great distraction from all the shenanigans going on at the school. She wondered if he'd write as he'd asked her permission to do. Granting it had made her happy and she'd made it home before she knew it. Prodan. Chin once again propped by her palm she thought that he would be a good friend.

Rosaline was now the mother of two beautiful twins, but she also was the Hogwarts New Zealand, librarian, and felt the need to inform Miss Rambolt she would be away from her responsiblities during these few begining months when the children needed her at her beckoned call. Surely she wouldn't be permanently replaced, would she? It wasn't like she needed the fiscal gain, she was fine from that aspect and now that she had Vladimir and Zinaida she wasn't sure that she would need anything else to fill her days.

These worries were pushed out of Rosaline's mind as she kissed little Vladimir's forehead and placed him back into his crib, then stroked the cheek of a sleeping Zinaida, who had her hand in her mouth. She smiled adoringly at both children, being away from them for at the very most an hour would be extremely difficult for her, but she had to do it, she had to inform Cecily Rambolt of her short or permanent, disappearance from her position, so she walked out of the pure white nursary, then her home then she apparated, she didn't want to wake either of the infants when Chavdar was on his own because Vladimir seemed to only be able to suss his tears when in her arms.

Soon after, Rosaline entered the castle, and as it was about morning, she walked into the Great Hall and over to the staff table. Relieved when she saw Cecily was already there a smile formed on her lips, and she took a seat beside the blonde woman, not noticing her current state at the moment. "Cecily Rambolt?" Rosaline asked, in a soft tone that was normal to her now that she had her twins.

Cecily bit back a groan and managed somehow not to wince. Even though the person beside her spoke lowly every sound had maliciously amplified itself this morning. It was starting to get better as her liquid remedy worked its 'magic' but it was a slow process. Smiling weakly she gave Jenane her attention.

"Good morning, Rosaline. How are you this morning?"

"Good morning, Rosaline. How are you this morning?" Rosaline offered the rather grave looking woman a gentile smile and spoke even softer, having the feeling that this woman had a late night. "I am quite pleasant, how are you?" she asked, for the sake of being polite but with every second of being away from her new borns it was making her more and more nervous. What if they needed her while she was having small talk with a woman she had met once maybe twice before.

"I'll cut to the chase and let you suss your hangover," Rosaline said with a shrug, assuming this was what Cecily wanted anyway. "I recently had two children, and as their mother I feel I should take maternal leave, however, if you need to replace me permanently you should feel no regret, I only applied here to spend my days in a library and away from the confides of my previous home, but I digress," she said adoringly at first but once she said however it became choppier, and went back to her voice before Vlad and Zin. Curious to what Cecily's response to this would be, she poured herself a cup of orange juice and took a small sip of the liquid.

"Congratulations," Cecily said belatedly. Her drink was making her feel loads better by degrees. She took another large gulp. "Don't worry about it," she said kindly, her green eyes taking on more of a sparkle. "Take your leave and at the end of that time, return to the school or owl me if you feel you're not ready to come back then." She knew the other library staff could handle the work load if needed and that she could pull a shift here or there. "It's really up to you what you'd like to do."

Scott entered the Great Hall with his usual, confident, air about him. He was quite late, sure, but he never really cared that much. He wasn't obliged to be in the Hall for any meals at all, he was at the school to keep things on course - and keep an eye on things for the Ministry. Scott spotted Cecily at the head table and she didn't quite seem to be looking like herself. Slightly concerned he walked with haste toward the front of the hall then up on to the platform that the staff table sat on.
Scott smiled and nodded his greetings to various professors and staff as he walked past them to the centre of the table, finally coming to his seat by Cecily. He gave her a glance over before he took his seat beside her. Pulling a few odd items on to his plate he just surveyed the student body before him in silence before speaking and ignoring the fact that anybody else could possibly be talking to anybody else at that moment. "So is this how the Headmistress of Hogwarts conducts herself? What if there was an attack right now? This morning. How would you deal with that? You know, I didn't expect to have to say anything bad about this school to the Ministry - or at least nothing bad about how you would run it once I leave, but it seems you've proven me wrong. Kudos on that." His voice very audibly expressed his frustration and exasperation with the whole situation, "I just didn't expect this."

Rosaline smiled at Cecily and opened her mouth to respond when a man she didn't recognize adressed the blonde woman quite harshly, but it was probably his job and it wasn't her business. "Uh thank you Cecily," she said with a small bow of her head and a smile. "I'll be sure to write you at the appropriate time," she said. Without another word, she stood up tiredly, finished her orange juice, placed it back on the table, yawned with her palm covering her mouth tiredly, and bowed her head politely to the nameless man.

Rosaline then began walking towards the Ravenclaw table to speak with her daughter on the side lines, she knew that this would not be a very good conversation for the two of them but it had to be done. She had to speak to Avrille before she returned to Chavdar, Zin and Vladimir.

Normally the most even tempered witch what happened next shocked even Cecily herself. Vaguely she heard Rosaline leave the table. Her fingers twitched, she skinned her wand and as the word 'kudos' left Scott Pollard's lips, she'd turned slightly and jabbed her wand lightly into ribs. It was under the cover of the table so none could see in the great hall. Her green eyes narrowed rather hatefully.

"You listen here," she hissed, "you pompous ministry tool. I will not be bullied or threatened." A fine sheen of furious tears luminated her eyes. She was sick of men trying to run her life. She'd had enough of that with Bearse; belittling her had been the main course of their days together. His favorite source of personal torture for her, to beat her down until she was a shell of herself. She had struggled with her demons for too long and fought hard to find her inner strength once more.

"Obviously I can defend myself and my students." She cocked her head and slowly withdrew her wand, not putting it away as she didn't know if the wizard would feel the need to relatiate for her having drawn her wand on him.

Scott Pollard chuckled as Cecily pushed her wand into his side and took a few bites of his food while she spoke. He knew she wouldn't dare try anything there. He also knew that she was well aware of the position he held and the power he had currently. A simple letter to the Ministry of Magic and Cecily would be back to whatever hell hole she had been spawned in and a half-competent Headpersonw would be replacing her. He looked up and out across the student body again when she'd finished speaking. "You're quite through now, are you?" He enquired, the smile still visible on his visage as he thought of choice words to speak next, "Really? Could you really protect yourself and your students? Tell me, dear, how would you have protected them last night while you were off doing Merlin knows what? And without informing anybody of your absence! If it weren't for me being here you would have simply left the school unattended? No. Because you trust me, you knew I could handle the castle. So don't pretend like you could care less for me being here." He took another small bite of food and didn't even swallow it before he decided to speak once again, "Oh, and by the way, how would you defend your students from an attack now? What if they were really loud" He shouted the word 'loud' for effect before returning to his normal tone of voice, several faces looking up toward the staff table as he continued, "What would you do then?"
Scott shook his head mildly, pitying the woman but at the same time finding no room for pity within him for her. She made an error, and he wasn't going to let her off about it. If she was to run the school on her own she'd have to grow up a lot more than she seemed to have. "I presume you like your job here? Yes, well, threatening a Ministry Official definitely won't keep you here until retirement - that's for sure." Scott hated when he had to be this way, he didn't enjoy making people abhor him, but the words he spoke were in the best interest of the students of the school - the future of the Wizarding World. The times were neither easy nor safe and the Headmistress was going off in the night and getting herself drunk. He wasn't even sure how well she held her liquor, or what influence it had on her mind, but if her hangover was an indicator of the night before she could have been giving away information about the school to meh in black cloaks and pointy black hats and not realized, or remembered, it at all.

Kalif was getting over the fact of the divorce, his demeanor, if it could, got even darker and colder. He stared at his desk, before getting on his feet and slipping a black cloak around him. He walked toward the castle, his eyes black as coal. Kalif did not spare a glance at any of the students he passed as he entered the Great Hall. Kalif's eyes however did see Rosaline, and she was no longer as large as before. Which meant that the brats were born. It was official that he and Rosaline were related along with any other children who are related to Rosaline was also somewhat related to him. This irritated Kalif quite a bit. Not only did a student that he had never seen or heard of randomly call him 'uncle', but now, he would have to worry about others spilling his secret.

Kalif took a seat at the staff table, just as the family crow swooped in and dropped a letter before speeding out of the castle. Kalif caught it and opened it. His eyes narrowed as it was from Arnost, informing him of a humorous hangover Prodan was having that morning, and that Asparuh was laying low for a while. The Death Eater rolled his eyes and put the letter inside his robes. Then it occurred to him. Kalif glanced in the direction of the Headmistress who seems to be having a similar issues. This could be no mere coincidence. Kalif's expression was a bit odd, for it did not take an auror or a Ministry Official to see what had happened that night.

Kalif gazed over the student body, while having his morning tea. He glanced over the cup at Scott Pollard, a man Kalif did not bother to know. Kalif set the cup down and folded his arms across his chest. He found this all rather entertaining and amusing, even going through a harsh divorce in his life. Though he loved Namina and all, but they had not seen each other in months, perhaps a year now. So the divorce was not hitting him as hard as he assumed it would. Kalif murmured, "How interesting this morning turned out..." For one, Kalif will have to search out his brother for mingling with the Headmistress and two, make sure that his mouth was shut. By any means necessary.

Professor Rowann made her way to the rather busy looking breakfast table, not particularly hungry but on seeing the co. headmaster and headmistress there she was tempted at first to turn tail and go back to her office but something about their faces intrigued her and she found herself walking ahead until she was sitting beside the librarian. A rather nice woman called Rosa or something, if she remembered correctly. Lola made a mental note to introduce herself again as she could not help but ease drop on the pair who seemed to be in a heated parry.
Sticking two fingers into her mouth and whistling, but of course using wandless and non verbal magic, Lola summoned the coffee pot and let it pour her a large mug before getting the sugar bowl to tip six nice scoops into the brew. As it stirred itself she looked out upon the student tables with a smile, the first years loved it when she did magic like that especially those that came from muggle backgrounds. As the Scott Pollard seemed to raise his voice on before dropping it again, Lola could not help now but to turn in their direction with a creased brow.

"I'm sure our headmistress would know as she always as, that her faculty have her back. She is never alone in defending or dealing with the students Mr. Pollard" Lola smiled at a second year that passed by the table.

Scott turned his head to the new speaker and smirked, "Professor Rowann, is it? Right, well, I fear you've already overstepped your bounds. This conversation does not include you, though I'll be certain to make you aware of the fact should it ever concern you. In the mean time, I would recommend you go about your business." Scott turned back to face Cecily once more before another thought occurred to him and he quickly faced Lola one last time, "And by the way, it is the responsibility of the Headmistress to ensure the safety of her school. While I'm glad the staff here is loyal, or most of it is..."
Scott said 'most of it is' because though he had been mostly a silent observing in the school over the past three months he was a very talented observer and he had suspicions which he had not yet brought to the attention of Cecily though he would soon be bringing before the Ministry. Most would want him to tell Cecily first, but after her actions the previous night it was evident to him that such sensitive information could not be divulged to her without taking a risk which he was ill prepared to take. "While that's just great it remains the responsibility of the Headmistress to remain in peak shape during the school year in the event of an emergency. Being sick happens, that would hinder her and all but it's out of her control. This, these actions were unacceptable and all too unbecoming of a person of her position. No, Ms. Rowann, I don't care whether she's defending the school alone, the point is that she isn't worth her weight in sand in her present state."
With that Scott turned back to Cecily and smiled in feigned kindness once more. "I hope you enjoyed your night on the town, because you'll be paying for it. I'd be glad it's you paying for it, though, and not your pupils. I'd also be glad that the prophet hasn't gotten ahold of this one."

Hearing some sort of arguement between Headmistress Rambolt and the temporary co-Headmaster, Scott Pollard, Isolde tried to focus on her breakfast. She had been feeling extremely ill this semester, but had been working nonetheless. She was well enough to teach, she reminded herself. Course, she felt she could do better for her seventh years, but it wasn't to be helped. All she could do was hope she got better sometime soon.
When other staff members started to defend Headmistress Rambolt, Isolde couldn't help but look up and chime in. She had to sympathise - she'd gone out and met up with Chris on the odd occaision, sneaking out of the school. "Not worth her weight in sand? Headmistress Rambolt is worth her weight in gold." Isolde greatly admired the woman, she was cheerful, extremely amiable and quite a good Headmistress. "Isn't the base element of magic surprise? Our," she paused, to cough the word 'temporary', "Headmaster was here, was he not? Instead of whining about how our Headmistress did something for herself for a change, I'm sure you and the rest of the staff, including myself, would be quite enough guardianship for the school. Surely an 'emergency' you speak of could not be that grave...could it?" Meekly, she turned away and focused on finishing her bagel and tea, hoping she would not incur too much of Headmaster Pollard's rage.

Aurora had been in her office, doing some marking, in which she needed to catch up on. Even though she had been a little 'off with the fairies' lately, she was not stupid and needed to proceed with what needed to be done and fulfil her duties as a professor. Within all this marking, she had not managed to get something to eat, which was the first thing on her mind and she stared at someone's work, and they placed a picture of a sandwich on there (for some very odd reason), Aurora couldn't help but thank them for it. She stood up and brushed herself down. The astronomy professor swiftly walked down the long, winding stairs of the astronomy tower, and after about ten minutes reached the Ground Floor. It seemed as though she had not entered this almost alien place for a while.

She advanced into the Great Hall and looked around, she looked straight ahead and the gathering of the staff on the table at the front of the Hall. She went and sat down, and listened quietly to the conversation, since going 'insane' she hadn't really spoken her mind much, but with this new headmaster penalizing other members of staff, Aurora couldn't help feel a sense of frustration. "Mr Pollard, if you don't mind me saying, I don't think it's wise to penalize other members of staff, we are not children, and we deserve the right to know what concerns the headmistress, as her duty effects ours" she stated in a very vacant, dreamy voice. She looked around, almost looking uncomfortable like she was being watched... here she goes again. "It's also in our best interest to assist the headmistress in her duties and were loyal to this school, as it's our home, and if you are trying to remove that from us, then you may have to recalculate" she smiled patronizingly.

Scott rose from his chair quite abruptly, tired of being harassed relentlessly for simply doing the job the Ministry of Magic had employed him to do. First he turned to the blond woman, "Galsson, is it not? I'm glad to know that Professor Rambolt is admired by the staff but her actions last night did not become any person in her position. Had you listened to our entire conversation, and not simply the portions you selected to overhear, you would know that half of my grievance is having been unaware of her absence. Simply leaving the castle then getting drunk is not the role of the Headmistress, now, is it? Both you, and Professor Merrythought who is even more gravely misinformed than you, would do well to leave matters like this in my hands - as that is where they have been placed, in my hands. This is a period of transition for Hogwarts and I am here to ensure it goes smoothly. Sometimes that will mean rebuking people when they make mistakes. Professor Rambolt made one last night, and you both are making one now. Now, I do not plan to remove anybody from this school, Professor Merrythought, but if you should continue on in this matter I will be forced to have the appropriate papers drawn up to have you removed from your positions - if only long enough for me to complete what must be done here."
Having concluded his statements he turned back to look at Cecily, "When you're more in your proper state of mind I would very much like to have some words with you. I'll owl for you when I can. Until then, I hope you get over this" Scott nodded his head toward Cecily, "And are able to continue on as normal." Scott started to walk away before he froze and looked back at the staff table, "Don't think that threatening a Ministry Official for doing his job is something I very easily overlook, either." With that Scott placed the Daily Prophet which he had brought into the hall with him under his arm and walked hastily out of the hall to his office. 'Bloody witches haven't got the slightest what they're on about.' he muttered nearly inaudibly as he finally stepped out of the Great Hall.

Cecily sat there in a mild state of shock. Her head throbbed horribly and she vowed never to drink again. Maybe she'd actually stick to it this time. Her gurgling and upset stomach agreed with her. After Scott left, she turned to each of the professors who had defended her and thanked them sincerely, then slowly stood up and careful not to catch Kalif's eyes, left through the staff entrance.

She headed toward her office, the tic in her jaw traveling up to become a twitch in her right eye.

Lola stayed silent as she sipped her coffee, the young co. headmaster seemed to have gotten out of bed the wrong side that morning and was making quite a spectacle of himself infront of the entire student body. She could only smile behind her mug as first Isolde and then Aurora spoke up. Two women she had thought would not have said boo to a goose. After a fantastical tirade back at the two witches, Scott Pollard left the hall. Cecily thanked them all for their support and Lola merely smiled at her as well before she too left the hall.

"My my, what a fine morning it's turning out to be" she grinned wondering what other delights the day ahead would offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back