Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curved 11 1/2" Sturdy Ebony Wand with Acromantula Web Core
Zared had watched the duel, he had seen the duel that Elysia had lost at and he couldn't understand why she had done it, Elysia though he loathed to admit it was the more powerful one, she was better than the other girl, so why just throw in the towel like that and not bother to even try. The boy was therefore waiting for her to leave so that he could ask her about it, perhaps even mock her for it, sure, she had beaten him pretty solidly but that was nothing, he wasn't as good at it, he needed to work on it, she was good, she didn't win because of laziness. The boy spotted her immediately, he'd know the shape of the girl he loathed anywhere, "Hey," he spoke, louder than she had perhaps ever heard him speak before, his voice was low, gravelly and rough from disuse. Zared moved to stand in front of her with an eyebrow raised in question at her, asking why she had just thrown in the towel, why she hadn't even bothered with the girl, a slight smirk on his lips implying that she was just chicken, that her winning was just a fluke, "Why?" he asked a faint chuckle on his lips, mocking lacing the words clearly implying that she just wasn't good at duelling.

Elysia Styx did not regret throwing in the towel. She just wanted to beat Zared Katsaros, and did not want to advance further. She had no reason to harm or maim the other girl, so she did not. Elysia knew that she was perhaps the best, but she did not want anyone else to know. Her head turned to see that someone was trying to get her attention, and she knew that raspy voice from anywhere. She sighed and turned around to see none other than Zared. Was he watching the duels? She stood as still as a statue as he approached her. That smirk though, Elysia wanted to just punch off of him. Her hands clinched into fists as her anger started to show once more. It was the only hint of her irritation with him, since her face remained still and blank. He asked why. She knew what that was implying, and then that smirk. Elysia wanted to keep it to herself, but he himself saw just how strong she could really be. "It is none of your business why I quit. But considering that you know just who is superior now, I didn't want the glory of being Champion. I don't want the attention." While that was true, it was not the entire truth. She didn't others to know how strong she was until they crossed her, and then she would eliminate them.

Zared's entire expression seemed to soften slightly when she said she didn't want the glory or attention, in his knowledge of this girl all she wanted was attention, she wanted to be the centre of everything. But perhaps he was wrong about it, sure she was still in his mind mostly the worst perhaps there was more to it. Perhaps he had been wrong, and the other feelings he had towards her were were perhaps more important, "Why?" he prodded again, why didn't she want it, he wanted to tell her that she was the rightful champion that she would've wiped the floor with them, and he was surprised she hadn't but he didn't want to say more than necessary he didn't want Elysia thinking that he cared or something because he for sure did not, not even a little bit. Not even though she had as he stared at her noticed, beautiful eyes. He didn't care she was the prat of a sister to his best friend nothing more. However, he was curious about why she hadn't fought the person, why she didn't want the glory or the attention, because he knew she should've.

Again, that one worded question that spoke more than the mouth would say. Elysia narrowed her eyes, starting at the best friend of her brother. How long she hated him for going along with whatever Lestat said or did. But that was about it. Just something about him irked her to the core and it killed her inside for not wanting to just slaughter him here and now. Elysia preferred to stay in the shadows, and winning so much already outed her skills to others. Elysia didn't want that to happen. She did not expect to win against Octavian and Marisol. She would be lying if she said that it did not make her feel proud. It did. "I prefer to stick in the shadows with people not knowing a thing about me. If people knew what I am capable of, they would know better. I prefer that if someone does ever try to get on my bad side, that I would humiliate them." Merlin's beard, why was she spilling all this crucial information about her to Zared? This deserved to be written down and burned, opposed to herself just keeping it inside or telling anyone. She hated it when people knew anything about her. She didn't really tell her best friends much about herself. "Ugh, why do you care so much, Zared?! And don't you dare say that you don't cause you would not have been where waiting on me if you didn't." demanded the Ravenclaw, clearly getting angry with him.

Zared didn't understand entirely why she of all people would want to stick to the shadows, that was what he did, and he didn't half of her confidence and ability with people. He didn't want to have to bother with people and he stayed out of pretty much everything but Elysia was just better. He shook his head at her, he was growing a little angry, he wanted strangely for everyone to know how much better than them she was, how good at fighting she was, how good at duelling, just how much more superior she was to them. If Zared was the kind of person to talk then he would've but he didn't. Zared wasn't and he was stuck with his frustration bubbling up inside of him. And it was her following statement that really pushed it, he didn't ccare, he couldn't care about Elysia of all people, she was an annoying brat, she was the worst in his mind. He shook his head angrily at her, "I don't," he told her harshly though it was more difficult for him to believe that he actually meant it. She didn't care about him so why should he care about her, he felt frustrated at his own weird feelings, at her and her choosing to lose, he felt frustrated at how badly he'd done, he tried to find the words to explain it but he couldn't. He needed to prove that he didn't care about her, so, in his frustration he leaned in and kissed Elysia right on the lips.

Elysia heard the two words that she was expecting, and didn't want to hear at the same time because of two reasons. One was very confusing, and two was because she told him not to say it anyway. Elysia wanted to turn and leave, and just leave things at that, but something else happened that she did not expect in a million years. Zared kissed her. Not on the forehead, the nose, the cheek. Right on her lips. The very same lips that she had used to kiss girls and practice with one of her best friends in the privacy of her dorm. Elysia didn't know what to do, but out of instinct she gave in a little, and kissed back. But for only a moment. Elysia pulled away, and out of sheer anger, swung her hand to smack Zared right across the face. "You are the most repugnant being I have ever met! You can't just kiss a girl that you don't care for!" She paused for a moment, before remembering something else. With that same pair of lips, he kissed her baby sister. Elysia placed her hand upon her forehead, and uttered, "You are giving me a headache. I don't know."

Zared could not control what had come over him in that moment, and he knew it was just right that she smacked him in the face, he shook his head, his own frustration barely abating and being unable to find the right words to describe how he felt. He didn't use his words often, he didn't ever feel the need to, speaking when spoken to, and only when it matter was how he went about it. But, he did care about her, somehow he found himself caring about her and it was wrong, he shouldn't she was a brat, an annoy brat whom he hated, whom he was supposed to hate, he growled at his own frustration, "I do care," he finally managed to say in a burst of equally anger and relief. He did care though he loathed to admit it, there was something about Elysia that he liked something he would never admit to right now. But at the very least he could admit that he cared, "I care, you should've bothered to win," he said, for once saying an entire sentence to her, no pauses or breaks or letting his expression say the rest, "You are better, you deserved to win," it was perhaps the most he'd ever said to her in one go, and the most in one go he'd said to anyone this year.

Elysia rubbed her hand a bit from the strike. It brought minor pain, which was easy to deal with. What was hard to deal with was the Slytherin in front of her. Her eyes were a little widened when he said three words that she was not expecting. She had to keep that number in her head, in case she might have imagined it. It was a do, and not a don't. She knew it! A part of her was relieved when she heard this, and immediately dismissed it. This was her brother's best friend. Completely off limits. But, now Zared was talking. Actually talking. this was complete sentences. Elysia looked down as he said that she was better, and deserved to win. She might have deserved it, but she did not want it. "Like I said, I don't want the glory. I hate being in the spotlight. And I don't want eyes on me. I may be better, or the best, and I know it. I just don't want everyone to know it." Elysia scoffed at the idea that anyone would have thought that she should have come out as a champion. A lot of those that descended from the Styx line were gifted in dueling, thanks to Professor Styx. Elysia was no exception.

Zared couldn't understand why, he thought and knew that she would be better, she could do the best despite their still young age and yet she didn't. He found himself almost cursing towards her because he wanted her to be able to show off how good she was. But in all honesty despite all that he could understand it, he of all people could get it, but it wasn't something he had expected from her, she had always seemed to be the type to break down doors and go out of her way to do well against others, Zared knew she was better and he was impressed by it, as much as it pained him, where he thrived more in the books in the silent reading and revision, she did far better in just about everything else. He knew that he cared about her, and he didn't care what Lestat thought, but he knew that she would've only allowed him to see so much of herself if the feeling was somewhat mutual. Zared who was usually so distant with people had this odd feeling of wanting to spend more time with her, just maybe not now while his face still stung, "I know it," he replied simply as she finished speaking, it was neither a threat nor meant to make her feel annoyed that he knew, he just did.

Elysia moved her hair over her shoulder, curious as to what Zared was thinking right now. She didn't want the public to really know her, or much about her. Elysia sighed, as he said that he knew it. She looked down at her shoes for a moment before turning her eyes back to him. She pointed out, "Of course you do. And you deserved to lose after what you did to my sister. She was so embarrassed and humiliated, that she transferred to another school." Elysia raised an eyebrow, demanding to know why he was with Estelle to begin with. Not only was she her sister, but she was also betrothed to someone within their year. Elysia folded her arms over her chest once more, wanting to try to refill herself with negative feelings, because a part of her hated that she might have actually managed to let someone within her heart, other than those she allowed. Zared did not have permission, but like a snake, slithered in there somehow. Elysia wanted to get Estelle back so that she could get to know her future, but she refused every single time.

Zared was particularly new to some of these feelings that he was experiencing, and honestly he wasn't sure what she meant, it wasn't on him that the sister, Estelle had left, when he'd asked her, he hadn't really made two and two between her and Elysia, not really. The boy looked at Elysia, he didn't feel particularly bad about it, he didn't feel particularly great. He'd caused this girl to leave but he didn't know how to explain it. She had been nice, a nice person, nicer than Elysia but still he hadn't liked her much more than a tolerate kind of manner. Zared shook his head at her apologetically, "I.." his words failed him, trying to pick out the best way to describe what had been going through his head at the time, it had never been his intention to do that really and he looked at Elysia with an apologetic expression, with the apology sitting in his gaze, a look of not having expected that to happen. He shook his head, letting his gaze fall to the floor between them as he found the words he wanted, perhaps he had been using Estelle to get Elsyia's attention and that wasn't particularly kind of him, "I'm sorry Elysia," he spoke clearly, clearing his throat at the end, he didn't often think of other people when he did things, he wasn't that kind of a guy, he was a slytherin after all, "I didn't..,"

Was Zared feeling okay? He was even apologizing to her about what happened with her sister. She thought that maybe Lestat would have done something about it, but apparently not. He was caught up in other things. Elysia wondered if she should extend her forgiveness toward him. Maybe she would, but she did have to know. Elysia reached and poked his chest, with a stern look in her eyes, as she got a little closer. "I could forgive you for that, but I need to know something first. And you better tell me the truth." Elysia knew that Durmstrang might do some good for her sister, but she needed to get to know Noah. No doubt that her father would have something else planned instead. "Why did you ask my sister out to the ball anyway? Why her of all other girls?" A part of her was a little jealous but she was out with a girl that night anyway. It bothered her immensely to see her baby sister on the arm of Zared. At first she thought that it was because she was not with Noah that night. But later on, she learned it was the person.

Zared didn't like apologising but he felt the need to with her, he needed to at least say something towards her about it, it didn't seem like it could've been solved or pushed forward without a muttering apology. He should have thought to say that she could expect to him to never say sorry again, but Zared hadn't always been good with words, or at all. He just couldn't most of the time find to express himself, and he just continued to stare at her, listening to her, but she turned it to him, asking him a question and expecting the answer from him, why her of all the other girls. Zared didn't really know what to say about Estelle had just been nice, she had been unlike Elysia and hadn't minded his silence, "She was nice, I...," he paused, "I liked her," the boy stated simply, he scratched the back of his head, he didn't know how to explain it, he didn't know how to put it in a way to make Elysia understand that everything up until the kiss had been purely a plutonic night between two somewhat friends, "We were friends," Zared shrugged at her, not sure how else to explain it. It had been a mistake but then why did she really care, "Why do you care?" it wasn't like he could've asked her, it wasn't like she liked him.

After hearing that they were friends, to some extent, it made Elysia feel a little more comfortable. She didn't know why she was relieved. Was it because she was concerned about Estelle and mixing herself with boys that was not her betrothed? Or was it because of Zared. It was hard to say. Elysia looked down and replied, "I care because she is my sister, and I am very protective over her. And she is in an arranged marriage, so I don't want her to like anyone romantically because it will hurt her heart." There, that was a good of reason as any. Elysia looked around the dungeons, and sighed. She didn't like being down here longer than necessary. The Ravenclaw spoke once more, "I need to go study for the upcoming exams. I should probably go to the library." A piss poor excuse to really get away from him. She didn't want to confuse herself any more. She had to get away. A part of her wanted him to come along, but the other part was wanting to kick him off the cliffs. She needed to see which side of her was the truth. Elysia kept her eyes on the ground as she turned to walk away. The more she thought, the angrier she becomes, all because she did not know the answer.

Zared listened to Elysia's answer, he could see where she was coming from, why it had been wrong, but there had been no way for her to know anything about them, whether or not it had been a dance with romantic connotations or not. He shook his head at her, he didn't like that answer, there seemed to be a little left unsaid, and Zared wanted to know why, he wanted to ask about it, push her, but he didn't want to push Elysia too far, he didn't want to get into a pointless fight with her in this corridor. So, when she made an excuse that she had to leave he nodded, intending to just let her go, but he didn't want to just leave the conversation at that. He didn't want that to be the end of it, "Wait," he said, wondering where to go with it, wondering if he should push her to give a better answer, or to say something else. He could go to the library with her, he too technically had to study and it wasn't like he would be a disturbance to her, "Can I come with you?" he asked trying his best to have confidence lacing his tone. He wasn't sure really why he wanted to go with her but his feeling was that leaving the conversation at that point would only lead his mind to be further confused by her and what she meant to him.

Elysia stopped in her tracks as Zared told her to wait. Why was she waiting. She turned over her shoulder to look at the Slytherin. Then the next question came up. A part of her wanted him to come with her, but another part was battling, telling her to tell him to shove it. Elysia decided that she would play nice. She sighed, and motioned with her head, "Come along then. I'll help you study." Elysia didn't think it would lead to anything but more confusion, but if her focus was on exams right now. She needed to be on alert. Slytherins were sometimes dangerous, and could slither their way into hearts and break from the inside out. Elysia had to keep her guard up when it came down to none other than Zared Katsaros. "Assuming you need help."

Zared was sure she'd turn him down, but it appeared as though she was considering it, though she phrased it in a way that made a little sense to him, she didn't want to outright invite him, and he knew it would be difficult to accept it if she'd just said yes, so the excuse of needing help was a welcome one. Though Zared really didn't care for the fact that he hated studying with someone, and he definitely never needed help, but he would accept it regardless, "Sure," he replied quietly, nodding to her, before catching up the small distance and with her heading silently to the library, he wasn't really that interested in studying, but perhaps with her he was a little more interested in it.

End

Users who are viewing this thread

Back