Whoever said labour should be easy?!

Taneaka looked over at Sam before answering. "Can you put the baby in the crib please?" Her tone was firm and insistent. While she waited for him to do that she turned back to Saphire. "Did you go and see a healer during your pregnancy?" She had told her to on many occasions but she didn't know if the girl actually had or not.

"No! No I didn't. There wasn't time with everything going on and I... I... AHHH!" It defiantly was the contractions back again, it was the same as it had been. She'd read about afterbirth and all that, but it felt too real to be like what she'd read about. "What's wrong?! What's the matter?! What's wrong with me?!" Her gaze shifted between Taneaka and Sam, hoping one of them would have the answer. She shook in both fear and pain, why couldn't something just go straight forward for a change?!

Sam shifted the tiny vulnerable child so that he could reach his want, conjuring a crib in the room near to where Saphire's bed was, but out of the way, just in case of... well, he didn't really know. He could hardly bare to let go of the yet un-named child, her eyes were transfixing and beautiful. Pulling himself away from him child, he focused his attentions back onto Saphire, and what ever was the matter now! "For goodness sake! What could be the matter now?! The child's out isn't she?!" He didn't mean it in an arrogant way, just a tired one, although he probably could have chosen his phrasing a little better!

Taneaka waited until Sam had put the little girl down before speaking. She didn't want anything to happen to the small girl after all. "You really should've seen a doctor darling, you're having twins." She spoke calmly, hoping it would calm the mother, she didn't think it would but there was no problem with trying after all. Saphire would see that something was wrong anyway, Taneaka wasn't good at hiding it. She could see the little boy, yes it was a boy, wasn't alright. He appeared to be the wrong way round for starters. "This one is going to hurt a lot."

Saphire struggled to understand what Taneaka was saying, it was as if she was talking through a tannoy, and Saph had no way of responding to what was being said. But her head screamed with questions and random obsenities. Finally she pushed a sentence out of her mouth, it was almost as hard as labour itself "TWINS!! ....What do you mean.... it can't be tr.... its not true!.... Your talking as if it, as if it would hurt MORE.... how could it hurt MORE" intercepted by panting in panic. But Taneaka was right, it did hurt more, a LOT more!

Sam couldn't believe what he was hearing, he trembled as thoughts of panic ran through his head, panic of generally how they would cope raising two children, if he'd be able to bring in enough money to support them, etc. But most of all, he was angry at Saphire for not getting checked out during her pregnancy "How in God's name did you think that not seeing a healer would be at all helpful in any way?! It doesn't matter about time, this is my children we're an about.... I mean, our children." the volume and confidence tapering away toward the end of his sentence as he realised what he'd said. He paced up and down by the side of the bed, holding his head and breathing heavily, trying unproductively to calm himself down. He didn't usually over-react, but this was pretty big news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back