Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
too young to care
Wand
Curly 11" Flexible Cypress Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Leonardo could admit that his white hair was odd, it didn't look bad, it just was odd. He knew that it would go away soon. But he just had to live with it for a little whiile, probably just about a day. He was sat having breakfast trying to ignore how it. It was the best way he'd ever experienced to help deal with his grandfather's owl, and he would just have to make his hair white constantly whenever dealing with it, or get a wig or something. All in all, though it was perhaps not seen as the best way of doing things, not the simplist, it was the way he was going to do it for a little while. It would perhaps help the owl get more used to him. He took some orange juice and poured some glancing about the different other students.

"Well that's certainly a look," Kas commented mildly as he dropped down into a spot at the table, reaching across the table with a tired groan to grope for the nearby pitcher of coffee. The boy's white hair across the table had been enough to make Kas properly open his eyes, something he didn't typically do until he'd managed to drag himself from the house table and into his first class for the morning and it'd piqued his interest. "Trying to make a fashion statement? Aren't you supposed to go blonde or something for the Summer?" He asked mildly, gratefully taking a long sip from his coffee mug.

Leonardo glanced up at the boy that spoke. This boy was much older than him. He nodded, "Just to be able to deal with my owl," he told the older boy as he took another sip of his drink. He said it with a very plain voice. As if it was normal to change hair colour just to suit an owl. "It'll be gone by the end of the day," he needlessly tacked on, thinking that this older boy definitely wouldn't have much of an interest in whatever he was saying or when it would run out.

Kas raised an eyebrow at the boy's explanation for the hair, trying to parse that one out. Owls weren't his biggest fans and he tended to leave them to Lysander or Linden when he was at work, so he couldn't exactly comment on the veracity of the method. It was definitely more interesting than bribing them with owl pellets at least. "Is that why they don't like me either, then?" He mused, pulling one of the longer curls hanging near his eyeline and letting it bounce back into place idly. "Have you considered getting a different owl? Seems easier. Though you could pull off the white hair if you wanted to keep it," he added with a smirk.

Leonardo gave a little smile, he wasn't sure it was worth going into the story of it. He gave a littl enod. "It's a family owl, can't get rid of it until it dies," he replied with a shrug, he didn't take on the compliment the boy gave him. he didn't hate it, but he didn't want to always have hair like that. He had never imagined he would ever change his hair, and he wondered if he should tell his dad, but he knew his dad probably wouldn't care.

Kas hummed in understanding at the boy's explanation, glancing at the white hair again. "Yes, of course. And you're dealing with that very rationally," he said wryly. "You trying to pass as your dad or something? Have you considered a fake mustache? I think it'd really add something to the whole look," Kas said, settling in more now that he was starting to get the shock of white in his periphery as he moved to make himself a plate. "I hear owl's love mustaches."

Leonardo nodded in agreement, not at all seeing the mocking in the boy's tone. "My grandfather," he replied plainly. "He's clean shaven, so no mustache," he would've thought itwould be much more difficult to get a mustache or something than it would've been to change his hair to white. "If this fails, then...I'll consider it," Leo absolutely believed what this older boy was saying.

"Ah, totally makes sense," Kas said sagely as the boy explained the hair. "So do you do this every time you need to send a letter?" He asked, taking a bite of his food, "Seems like a lotta work," he said, pointing at the boy with his fork. "I think they sell a few fake ones at Gambol's, if you ever need it," Kas added. "I also have it on good authority that owl treats would probably go a long way on winning the owl over too. Assuming the mustache doesn't pan out, of course."

Leonardo shook his head, "This was the first time, usually I just get scratched," he told him, since it was the first time he'd done it. He wasn't sure he would keep doing it, but at least it might get the owl to be more familiar with him and might eventually get it to stop it attacking him. "Owl treats do not outweigh the bird's dislike of me," he told him, he had tried treats, but he didn't always have any and ran out often enough. Perhaps more would help him, but he got the feeling he would need a lot more than was healthy for an owl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back