Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Eric <3
Wand
Knotted 15" Unyielding Walnut Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
Minnie had managed to get all her work done and more, she hadn’t thought she would go, but after her break and after all the work she was putting in she had decided she deserved a little celebration. She had gotten a costume, a romeo and juliet inspired costume. She had picked out a dress with long sleeves and a small waist line, a skirt that stopped just above her knees. The clothes weren’t shiny or brand new, they were clearly second hand, older and more muted in colour but she thought that suited her and who she was to be. She had let her hair down, straightening it slightly, but mostly just letting it sit without much styling. And she gotten some wings, they were enchanted by magic to move a little bit she hoped they just seemed almost realistic. She walked into the great hall and glanced around, she was surprised when she was sure she spotted Eric in the crowd of people. She had always thought he hated things like this. She walked over to the drinks table, she didn’t have plans, no one to meet up with but she rarely did for this, so it didn’t really bother her.

Simon wasn't sure what he was doing here. He usually didn't bother with coming to most school activities. But it was so quiet in the castle and he didn't feel like wandering around the school like a specter like last year. Apparently he wasn't the only one with a change of plans this year when he spotted Minnie. She looked nice in her costume even if he couldn't quite place it. He wondered if he should talk to her and got suddenly nervous at the thought. He reached up to run his hand through his hair but stopped short remember how much time he had spent styling it to pass off his outfit as a questionable costume. In the end he swallowed his pride and walked towards the drink table. "So what are you supposed to be?" he asked as he came up beside her. He looked forward and not at her as he poured himself a drink, acting completely neutral.

Minnie was a little startled by Simon, she'd admittedly been still looking towards Eric, trying to make out what he was deciding whether or not to go speak to him. She recovered quickly and just smiled politely at Simon. They'd been friendly, but hadn't really spoken since last halloween. She wasn't sure if it had been her fault, but she didn't care enough to really dig into it. She had been too busy, too absorbed in the OWLs to even give a second thought, now, she was trying her best to be a little more easy going and relaxed, perhaps it was a good time to put it behind them. "Oh I'm Juliet, from Romeo and Juliet," she said, she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and glanced down at her costume, "There's an old muggle film which has costumes more like this than traditional time accurate pieces," she explained with a little smile, it was probably quite unlikely that he would know it but in case he knew the original shakespeare it felt fair to say. "What are you dressed as?"

Simon nodded as Minnie answered his question about her costume. He glanced quickly to where she had been looking before he arrived and his pleasant smile faltered when he spotted Eric. But he shrugged it off quickly and returned his attention to her. “I thought it looked familiar.” he said easily, even though it was a lie. He hadn’t really seen many movies since his parents didn’t allow them often. He wondered if he maybe saw it once with his cousin since it sounded like the kind of thing she would like but he was doubtful. “Isn’t it obvious?” he asked in mock surprise that she even had to ask. “I’m a greaser. Can’t you tell?” he answered and gestured to his hair then his outfit. Simon even struck a kind of cool guy pose that felt ridiculous and he dropped it immediately. “Or something like that.” he laughed softly and shrugged. Part of him wanted to poke and prod, and ask Minnie if she was waiting for someone but he curbed that impulse for once and kept quiet.

Minnie wasn't sure if Simon actually knew the costume or not, but it didn't really matter, "Don't worry I won't be drink any posion though," she joked with a little smile. Though she'd been a little warned about Simon and when she wasn't stuck in her own world she found him good company. He was easier to talk to than others, and she didn't get the impression that he held much interest in her beyond the odd polite conversation. She had been about to say that it wasn't obvious when he said what he was dressed as, even posing. She smiled slightly, finding herself almost fighting a laugh but she could admit now that he'd said it she could see it. "I see it," She thought it was perhaps an easier costume to do but good nonetheless. "I think you should just keep striking poses, that certain would give it more away,"

Simon put his free hand dramatically to his chest. “That’s a relief.” he said and sniffed his own drink as if he was scared it was tampered with. “And I won’t stab myself.” he added as he vaguely remembered the plot of Romeo and Juliet. “Or anyone else for that matter. I think I can make that promise.” he teased as he acted as if it was a great sacrifice on his part. He felt uncharacteristically light as they joked together and didn’t know why. Maybe he had finally learned his lesson when it came to pushing people into reacting the way you want them to. It was doubtful but he was trying. Simon gave a rueful smile as Minnie tried to hid her laugh at him and he tried to quiet the voice that told him to feel bad and get defensive about the whole thing. Instead he laughed sarcastically. "That was only for you." he said in a low voice like a warning.

Minnie felt herself smile as he joked back with her. It was admittedly nice, a little more light hearted than she managed to feel most of the time. Minnie just didn't manage it because it was usually hard or people expected her to be a certain way. She knew she felt like she could only truly be herself around Eric and sometimes someone like Hattie, but she could at least be easier with some other people, like maybe Simon. She nodded at his statement, "Well I'll treasure the memories of the pose," she said with a little smile. She thought about last Halloween and wondered about apologising for it. "Do you dance Simon?"

Simon rolled his eyes at her statement but he was smiling, and only acting like he was annoyed and embarrassed. Well he was a little embarrassed but it wasn't so bad. He spent so much of his energy on caring what people thought of him and maybe with the prospect of Tyler graduating he was finding it harder and harder to...care. Simon nearly choked on his drink when Minnie asked if he danced. He cleared his throat and looked at her curiously. "On occasion." he said slowly. "Do you?" he responded questioningly. "You don't strike me as the dancing type." he said teasingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back