OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Christian
Teuila sat in the living area with Natia at her breast. Like her first-born, Natia was hungry at all hours of the day and growing quickly. She enjoyed the sea breeze on her face as it passed through the house. Tilly and Sefina were spending the day with their Muggle grandparents. Christian had stepped out for a short walk on the beach. It was going to be a peaceful evening, just the two of them and their newest baby.

Teuila had just started to doze off when she heard the patio door slide open. She lifted her head and called out, “Sweetie?” No response.

She rose from the sofa, with Natia still happily chowing down, and stepped into the kitchen. A well-dressed man who could have passed for Christian from a block away stood on the other side of their dinner table. But it wasn’t Christian. Blushing and trying not to panic at the same time, Teuila covered her chest and held Natia tighter.

“Who are you?”

@Ivaylo Zhefarovich-Dolohov

Last edited:
Ivaylo Zhefarovich-Dolohov had lost his patience with trying to get a hold of his older half-brother. Letters gone unanswered, so he requested Hades Styx the Second to track down Christian Drage-Dolohov. It didn't take long to find him. So, Ivaylo did what he would do best, which was surprise him with a visit. He left his daughter with his wife and apparated off to the address that his nephew provided him. Ivaylo approached the home and opened the patio door. Who he found was not Christian, instead, a woman with a child, an infant.

Ivaylo raised an eyebrow when asked who he was. While he did not answer just yet, his silver eyes loomed over the room. He was not around. "You could say that I am family. The side that Christian doesn't speak about." Ivaylo didn't bother with names, because from what he knew about the wife, she was not pureblood.

Teuila tried to keep her expression neutral. It was plain as day that the man was related to Christian. If she had to guess, his youngest brother, Ivaylo. What the wizard didn’t know is that Christian did speak about his mother’s side of the family- just not openly, and not fondly. Teuila had encouraged him over the years to reconnect with his siblings, to see if things hadn’t changed for the better. But her husband wished to maintain his distance and she respected that choice.

After a moment, Teuila said bluntly, “I think you have the wrong house.” She simultaneously hoped that the strange wizard would take the hint and Christian would have good timing.

Ivaylo watched her body language, and every expression she seemed to make. So, she did see the family resemblance. He smirked even more as she said that he had the wrong house. "So, you are not Teuila Faumuina, wife of Christian Drage-Dolohov?" Ivaylo seriously doubted that he would be wrong, or apparated to the wrong house. Ivaylo thought about sitting down, but the last thing he wanted was to appear vulnerable.
Ivaylo took out one of his wands and held it at his side, while his expression darkened. "Let's start over. Where is Christian?"

Teuila wrapped her arms tighter around Natia- not enough to crush her, of course. The gesture was protective. She wanted to say, He dropped that name twenty years ago.

Her heart skipped two beats when the towering man retrieved his wands. Plural. Two wands, like his mother, or so Christian said.

The woman’s instinct was to apparate, but she knew deep down that she wouldn’t be quick enough. She suspected reaching for her own wand would have a similarly bad outcome. So she hesitated, but she finally said, “He’s out for a walk.”

Ivaylo's expression lightened a bit when she said that he was out for a walk. "That is more like it, Teuila," mused Ivaylo. He was not going to tell her that he would never harm an infant, no matter the blood status. At least, not unless he was ordered to do so. Ivaylo looked toward the infant and then the mother once more. He was reminded of his wife and their children together. If someone were to harm them, Ivaylo would burn the world to the ground to avenge them. Would Christian be the same, he wondered.

Over the years, Christian had built the habit of walking multiple times per day. He spent so much time hunching over his desk that he needed something to keep the stiffness at bay. The daily strolls also allowed his mind to wander and fed his creative thoughts. Now that Natia was growing older and sleeping more, he had more time to work on his newest book, one that he was really excited about.

At first, as Christian reached to slide open the patio door, he thought his imagination was on overdrive. A part-giant was standing across from Teuila and Natia. Except, he wasn’t a part-giant. Christan’s brain caught up and he knew who the stranger was, although it had been decades since they’d last met, and the other one had been so very small at the time.

“Ivaylo,” Christian said, his mouth running dry. He noted the dual wands at his sides and he looked to Teuila. She and Natia were unhurt, although his wife was rigid and her eyes were like a rabbit’s.

Teuila was both nervous and relieved when Christian entered the house. She tried not to show her terror. But, she’d never been much of an actress. Taking a single, cautious step back, she turned on her heel to leave the room.

The patio door opened and closed, which made Ivaylo smirk. He heard his name, thus he turned around. Teuila taking a step back did not go unnoticed by him, however. Since this did not concern her, Ivaylo felt no need to maim her. However, to get Christian to do as he said, that was another story. Wives and children made the best hostages, after all. "Christian, about time. I was growing impatient." He saw that he was alone. Their middle child must be somewhere else. Fine by him.
"Why did you ignore me for a sibling reunion? Vixen has been asking about you, brother."

With Teuila and Natia out of the room, Christian felt some of the pressure lift off his shoulders. He weighed his response before replying to his little brother. Not so little anymore. Christian flinched at the mention of Vixen. His baby sister. His mother had said, so long ago, that Christian needed to take care of his siblings- it was his responsibility as their big brother. However, his mother was killed dead in the street by the auror, Nicolas King, and the siblings were returned to their respective fathers.

Drawing in a breath, Christian said, “Can’t say I’ve been interested in a reunion.”

Ivaylo narrowed his eyes as Christian said that he was not interested in the reunion. "Hmm, you see, I don't like that answer," Ivaylo stepped toward Christian, while his expression darkened. "You have two choices, the way I see it. One, you come with me to Carrow Hall, or two, I can involve your wife and child in there to force your hand. And trust me, I can get creative."

Teuila stood in the hallway, breathing hard. Natia started to fuss and Teuila pulled her away from her chest, readjusting her daughter’s jumper. She heard the threats from Ivaylo loud and clear. What should she do? Alert the Ministry, although they were far away? Could she ask for help from the Kuresa family? Teuila jostled Natia to keep her quiet. She was ready to disapparate at a moment’s notice.

Christian stood tall even though Ivaylo loomed over him. He looked his brother directly in the eye. “When you put it like that,” he said, gritting his teeth, “not much of a choice, is there?” If Teuila, Estrella, or anyone else he cared about ever wondered why he stayed away from his mother’s family, here was the answer.

Ivaylo put his wands away and placed his hand, roughly, on Christian's shoulder. He smirked, "I thought you would see it my way eventually." Ivaylo looked over his shoulder toward the direction of his wife. "Don't worry, I'll bring him back in one piece."With that, he apparated off with Christian back to Carrow Hall. He arrived just outside the door, which opened at their presence. "In you go."

Christian winced when Ivaylo gripped his shoulder with more than necessary force. He didn’t have time to say anything to Teuila as Ivaylo forced him through time and space. Christian hated apparating with others; the feeling of disembodiment was so much worse when others were in control. In normal circumstances, Christian never would have apparated so far in one go. His trips from Samoa to New Zealand and back usually involved Portkeys, multiple stops, and occasionally, magical transit. It was clear Ivaylo wasn't bothered in the slightest.

Christian stood at the threshold and leaned against the door frame, his face and neck paler than usual. “Give me a minute, Ivaylo.” He wasn’t sure if his nausea was made worse by the rapid long-distance travel or the fact that he was here, at Carrow Hall. A place he had vowed never to visit again.

Last edited:
Ivaylo could not help but relish in the fact that he managed to make Christian nauseous. Though, it could have been his threat, though would Ivaylo have really hurt his wife and baby? Maybe. Ivaylo waved his wand and the door opened. He was certain that his wife was off teaching yoga, so it was only Vixen and their children at the house for right now. Vixen lived here on a more permanent basis, whereas Ivaylo had his own home. Since Sophia was pregnant right now with their youngest, and most certainly last, he hoped, Ivaylo was a little more irritated from time to time.
"Dear sister, I have a surprise," Ivaylo announced as he walked through the threshold. He turned around and warned Christian, "One word about me forcing you to visit, and I will tear out your tongue. I will not have our sister upset." Ivaylo followed the sounds of children at play to a large living area. Yulian (11), Yue (10) and Tempest (9) were reading on the couch, whereas Vixen's younger children, Thorine (7) and Christian (2) were playing with their respective toys. Ivaylo's younger ones, Marcellus (5) and Aion (3) were also playing with their own toys as well. Tempest, upon seeing her father, put down her book and rushed to him, where he picked her up easily into a hug.

Vixen Zhefarovich-Dolohov just finished writing a letter to her newest beau that she was feeling something strong for. He also did not mind that she had so many kids, most with different fathers. Her youngest two were both by the same father, however. That relationship went downhill when she realized just how much older he was than her, and she didn't want to be like her mother and father. Caspar was just a couple of months older than her, which was a relief. As she heard her son babble away, a warm smile crossed her pink lips. He was such an innocent child. He had a head of dark hair as well. The only child of hers that had her hair was Thorine.
The pure-blood woman looked up as she heard her brother come home. With the way he acted, one would think that he was older than her. She watched as Tempest leapt into Ivaylo's arms. She was a pale, blonde beauty just like her parents. Ivaylo's two sons had medium hair, so who knew if it would lighten or darken as they aged. Vixen's green eyes widened as she saw just who came in. "Christian?!" Vixen gasped as she got up from the floor, her dress flowing down her legs as she did so. She knew that it had taken a long time to get him to come home, even just for a moment, so this was a surprise because she had given up.

Tempted to test Ivaylo, Christian pressed his tongue against the back of his teeth and decided against it. After decades of separation, he didn’t know his younger brother all that well. Ivaylo had been an infant when their mother was struck down. Christian was split from Vixen and Ivaylo most of the time. When they were reunited, sporadically as young children, it was under the care of a house elf, a Squib, and a phantom here in Carrow Hall- not the best environment for bonding.

Christian followed Ivaylo into a spacious living room. It was warmer than he remembered. Maybe it was due to a change in lighting, or the decorations, or the children gathered here. Even Ivaylo seemed to soften as he swept one of the girls into his arms. Christian took in all seven- he couldn’t deny that they were family. He could see himself, Sefina, and even Tilly in the faces looking back at him.

“Hi, Vixen,” Christian said, mustering a small smile at the sight of his sister. She was beautiful and his heart hurt with something long-forgotten. But, with the white dress, blonde hair, and sharp features, she suddenly reminded him of the ghost that had haunted him all his life. His body moved faster than his mind as he involuntarily recoiled.

Vixen could not help but notice how he recoiled from her. It was true that she did bear a good resemblance of their mother, even the eye color, but was he repulsed by her because of that? She looked from him, to Ivaylo, and pieced it together. Ivaylo had to drag him here. Vixen was not an idiot. Her temper flared and her pale hand slapped her older brother across his cheek. The children looked in the direction of the sound. "How dare you isolate yourself from me! We are a family! Did you not want to see me anymore? Did you miss us? You are the oldest, you should have been there to watch over us!" Vixen was angered, saddened, and happy to see him regardless, even though tears lined her eyes.

Ivaylo could not help but chuckle when his sister slapped Christian across the face. She figured it out on her own, but did she know the extent of it? Likely not. Ivaylo kept his dirty business secret from her, since she was delicate. Although that arm of hers said otherwise. Ivaylo himself did not care about Christian. Once the man abandoned them, and married dirty blood, Ivaylo washed his hands of it. He only did this because of Vixen, since he had taken on the role of an older brother, something that she lacked growing up. Ivaylo carried Tempest over to the couch, and sat down, to watch the scene unfold.

Caspar had a few girlfriends and boyfriends over the years, all of them in varying form for him, considering he was now getting older and was near enough to his thirties to consider having spoken to his father about marriage, or rather, his father had come to him, he was taking more interesting in people. And it was simple enough when the people he was interested in currently started and ended with Vixen. Merlin, she was something. Sexy and intelligent and able to keep up with him on all levels. They didn’t see as much of each other as he would have liked of course, but, he could fix that if this went further for them. He really liked the blonde, and if he was entirely honest, he didn’t even really care about her four kids, she seemed like a decent parent and that meant she was caring. If she didn’t care that she had four kids already, then why should he judge her on that?​

Vixen had written Caspar a letter and because he’d been in the area for some training, he’d decided he might drop in to pay her a visit. He liked spending time with her, she was funny and witty and she let him be affectionate, which was something he liked because some of his other relationships had seen it as some weird social taboo. If he wanted to put his arms around his girlfriend (or boyfriend) he was going to do it and he didn’t care where he was. It was how he showed he cared, none of this empty words or behind closed doors crap, he liked to let people know, it was just who he was. Paisley was different, she was all for the whole, don't be obvious, thing, but what did she know? She wasn’t even marrying for love.​

Maybe dropping in on Vixen without warning wasn’t a great idea, but he never thought that far ahead about stuff, he liked Vixen, he wanted to see her, ergo, he was heading to her place. Which was absolutely not easy to miss at all. He’d seen it a couple of times before, like when he’d first met the kids. They were great kids. Tucking his broom away and heading straight for the door, Caspar had not expected to walk in on… whatever this was and his eyes went wide as he saw the aftermath of what looked like some kind of altercation. Had Vixen just hit that guy? He assumed the other one to be Ivaylo, but he hadn’t actually met him. “Woah, babe,” he said, immediately appearing at her side and throwing an arm around her. She seemed upset and he didn’t want her to be upset. “What’s got ye risking that pretty skin?” Of course, Vixen was a tough woman, but seeing her hit someone wasn’t something he’d expected. “I thought we’d hang, but I guess I’ve interrupted something,” he was amused as he looked between the three. “Surprise by the way babe.”

Christian’s head jerked sideways with the force of the blow. His cheek stung. Instinctively, he reached up to feel the spot where his sister had struck him. Christian noticed the tears in her eyes. His own eyes started to water; perhaps not just from the smack.

“Vixen,” he said, wanting to respond to all of her questions, as patiently as he could, but then he stopped himself. He looked again at the children in the room. All were younger than Tilly. He would never have a conversation like this in front of his own daughters, not knowingly. And then there was this stranger, a man, throwing his arm around Vixen thinking it appropriate to diffuse the situation with humor and charm.

Christian stood up straight and tried to regain some of his dignity. “I will talk with you about each of your grievances,” he took a breath, “for as long as you want. But I’m not having this discussion in front of your children.”

With that, he turned on his heel and stepped out of the room. See how quickly you get your gigantic ass off the couch, Ivaylo, Christian thought to himself. He walked down the hall with a tightness in his chest.

The wizard found an outer door that opened onto a low-level balcony. He stepped out onto the stone flooring and breathed in the cool evening air. Flowering vines wrapped around the railing. It would've been peaceful if he were anywhere else.

Vixen continued to glare at Christian, but her gaze was broken by her boyfriend coming to console her. She wiped the tears from her green eyes and leaned into his touch. He managed to calm her down instantly, which was great for everyone in the room. No one liked it when Vixen was upset, and for a good reason. She placed a tender kiss on his cheek, and smiled, without saying a word. It was easy to tell the message that she was giving. She looked to Christian once more as he walked away, after saying they would not have this talk in front of the children. Vixen looked to Ivaylo, who merely gestured for her to follow him. She asked her brother to watch the kids, and she took Caspar by the hand to lead the two of them where Christian waited. "All right Christian. Talk. And don't hold back just because Caspar is here."

Drawing in another breath, Christian turned to face Vixen. He leaned against the railing. Hundreds of times, Christian had mulled over what he would say to his Dolohov siblings if he ever met them again. Now that he was in front of Vixen, his well-reasoned statements collapsed in on themselves.

“I had to make a choice,” Christian said, quietly, “and I chose them.” He meant his family, of course: his disgraced father, Muggle stepmother, the motley of his siblings. But he also meant the freedom to grow into the person he wanted to be, and love whoever captured his heart. And provide a stable, healthy, nurturing environment for his daughters.

Certainly, he carried a sliver of hate. How couldn’t he, with a mother like Thorine Dolohov and a father like Tristan Drage? He saved this hate for the causes that burned him up.

Christian tried to ignore Vixen’s cockatoo of a boyfriend- or partner, fiancee, whatever. Caspar could listen and try to make sense of what was going on; Vixen would fill in the blanks however she wanted.

Last edited:
Vixen did not know hurt worse. The fact that he chose them, meaning his father's family, over her, or the fact that he didn't seem to care, even after she had tried to reach out. She tried to visit but she was turned away by Estrella Drage, and even tried letters. All of which apparently failed. Maybe they didn't. Maybe he ignored them. That had to be the case. She wiped her green eyes, and tried not to break. "You really had no idea. You really don't give a damn about me. The only one that has been there for me was Ivaylo. Unlike the two of you, my father is dead. I needed an older sibling that knew about mom. You don't know this, but I never wanted to be like her. I even hated how I was sorted into Slytherin." Vixen did not want to cry anymore, but she was breaking.
"You... Go home. I never want to see you again. You made your choice. I would have accepted you, your wife, your kids. I don't really care about blood status. But f**k you and go away."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back