When the Caged Bird Sings

Hades laughed, "If you saw the world I live in today, then you would be scarred for life. I was not lying when I said I was a demon." Hades' hand caressed her cheek, his hand proceeding into her brown hair. Hades murmured, "I have killed, my sweet. I have killed once, and the man deserved it." Hades smirked, "It was the best feeling, ultimate darkness that just takes over and you savor the feeling. It is like a drug..." Hades wondered just how she would take to this. That was just the entrance into his world.

Hollace traced his features with her eyes as Hades spoke. She hadn't thought he would open himself to her this way. She had known his world was dark, that he was terrifying in his beauty. Her face turned lightly into his touch, loving the way he spoke, the feel of his hand in her hair. Her eyes widened. "You've killed?" Hushed were her words, her heart began to beat faster. She would be a liar if she said she wasn't scared first. Then the fear gave way to intrigue and that into an odd excitement. If anyone else had told her something like this she would have felt horror, would have considered turning them in. But not with Hades. "Why did he deserve it?" Hollace thought briefly of those men earlier in the day, the ones who had accosted her in the alley. She had wanted their deaths and wouldn't have batted an eye as Hades would have dispatched them.

Hades smirked, "In more ways than one." Truly, he has taken a life, a human life, but now, he was slowly killing the light within people. And with Hollace, it might be working. As long as she did not act rational, like a normal person, then his job was working. However, he needed to keep her intrigued, and her attention needed to be on him. He brushed his lips against hers, lingering for a moment, and he whispered, "For crimes that were unspeakable. He needed death, and he got what was coming to him." He could not say that his father or the Death Eaters were involved. He had to be careful.

Hollace gripped his hair on the back of his head, her lips pressing to Hades'. She loved when he kissed her. It was as though the world fell away and her mind just went--quiet. As though nothing existed except them and the still dark silence around them. He pulled away and when he spoke she believed him. Curiosity had risen though and she wanted to know more. "Why did you kill him Hades?" She wondered what had made her lover snap and take some creep's life, even if he deserved it.

Hades chuckled, and he said, "I was sent after him. I hunted him down like an animal." Hades wondered if she was so intrigued by his actions, his words, that she did not understand the full impact of what kind of man he truly was. A killer, a demon that prowled the earth. Hades murmured, "He was causing a woman who is giving birth to my youngest brother so much hell, and my subconscious told me to end his life, before he ended hers." Hades knew that this was a lie, but it was believable. Hades seemed more like a protector than a predator. But, what he was doing, it was influencing the darkness in the room. The darkness which would soon turn into evil itself.

Right and wrong didn't enter Hollace's mind. He had done what he had to do to protect his family. Yet even as he spoke these words Hollace began to see something in his eyes that belied his words. He had killed this man and he had liked it. She was laying on the bed of a killer, of a man who had set out and by some unforeseen circumstance, targeted her. "Why me Hades?" Her question, asked so quietly, left her before she could recall it. She was unsure if she wanted to know the full answer but she knew she had to know. Was there something inside her, some flaw within her that had drawn him to her. What made her the perfect target for Hades' attentions, dark or otherwise. Her hand came up and cradled his cheek, her dark eyes shadowed and nearly black within the darkened bedroom.

Hades answered, "It is not of my plans of choice. It happens, and fate chose you. Your darkness called my name, and I had to answer it." His words were soft, cradling, and yet they were so dark, so unlike anything normal. Hades was without sanity, and he embraced it thoroughly. Hades wanted nothing more but for her to stop asking questions, so he said, "Do not ask so many questions. Some things are best left in the darkness until you can discover them yourself." Hades leant forward, his lips grazing hers, and he smirked as he did this. Hades whispered, "You better get some sleep, because I believe you have work in the morning..." Hades inhaled her scent, and he got off the bed, before he turned to stare upon her. When she would wake up in the morning, this would all seem like a dream. She would wake in her own bed.

Hollace's dark eyes glittered in the darkness, tracing Hades pale features. "Alright," she whispered, her mouth twitching at the corners as it met his, "no more questions." She would gladly take things as they came and knew that with Hades it was best not to know what was coming next. Because it seemed like even he did not know. She loved his spontaneity, his dark insanity that sparked her soul. She felt drowsy as he spoke. "Hades," she murmured, cuddling into his pillow. She started to reach a hand sleepily out to him, whispering, "Will you stay with me until I fall asleep?" Then slowly her hand dropped and she allowed a small smile to touch her lips. "If you want to, no pressure." She would never try to influence him against his nature nor try to hold him down. He was as much a free spirit as she and she truly loved him for it. Yet she would be lying if she said she didn't want his arms around her, to hear his heart beat as she fell asleep. She was unsure when she would see him again and only wanted to be near him. Tonight had been frightening yet thrilling. To know he would have given her his life, would have let her slide that dagger between his ribs, confused and enthralled her. She wanted to feel him next to her, know that he was still alive, still breathing. Hades had surely accomplished one mission, he had thoroughly captured her heart which would lead to her downfall if they both allowed it. The scary part in the back of her mind was that the fall was worth it.

Hades shook his head, but alas, he obeyed the request. He approached the bed, before he climbed on top of it, and put his body beside her. Hades slid under the covers, one of his arms under his pillow to rest his head. As he watched her as she fell asleep, Hades went into deep thought. She loved him, and he did not love her... He could not love. Not right now anyway. But when that time came, could he? Could Hades ever love Hollace? He didn't know the answer. But he listened to her blood pump through her veins, her heart beat, and her slow breathing. Once she was in a deep enough sleep, he put his hand upon her shoulder, sat up and apparated. He gently set Hollace into her bed, before he turned and vanished...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back