What's wrong with odd shoes?

Jay's mouth dropped. How did this girl know so much about him when all he'd told her was his name. "Are you psychic (sp) or something??"

Candice laughed, her visions of people were usually accurate. "No, I don't have psychic abilities. I'm just real good at reading peoples body language and guessing who they are." She looked at him and went over what he had said, it seemed family was his worry. By the way he acted about it, how he worried more about it, she'd guess he was more likely to have a daughter than a son. "You got a girl right?"

Jay frowned at her, not knowing how she could know all of this about him just by looking at the way he stood. "Yeah I got one daughter." He was now really curious about this girl. She could teach him a few useful tips on how to read people. "Why are you asking??"

Candice shrugged, she didn't like teaching people an advantagfe over others. This was mainly because she never knew exactly who she was talking too. Sure, she could guess there attitude, maybe even a bit of family life, but for all she knew this man could be a death eater spy or a ministry official scoping her out. "Why'd you need it?"

"I was just wondering." Jay was now having to try and squeeze the information out of her. "You have an amazing talent and I just wanted to see if you were willing to share it with anyone?? Me for example." Jay grinned at her.

Candice shrugged, she had been able to do it from a young age, knowing if any of her adoptive brothers were planning anything or who was guilty of the latest prank. "It's just paying attension and picking out certain phrases and the way people say things." She thaought of an example. "Like, your body language now. You look relaxed, like I should trust you and yet, your eyes keep moving like you're trying to think of something on the spot. That makes me re-think it." She waited to see his reaction to that.

Jay stared at Torry. He didn't know what to think. He had never met anyone who was so good at reading people. "That is just really freaky." He laughed. "Seriously, you have to teach me." Jay was now starting to sound like Shaylah. As she was his only family, he sometimes picked up on stuff she said and started saying it himself.

(You've got me listening to Skye Sweetnam now. lol. I'm listening to 'Music is my Boyfriend')

Candice Shrugged again. "I dunno if I can teach it. I learnt it growing up with my brothers, it's an instinct thing." She really wasn't sure about trying now, he had basically confirmed that he was hiding something and he couldn't be trusted.

(Well she does rock!! :D )

"You could try??" Jay didn't know why Torry wouldn't teach him. He wasn't great at reading people but he could tell that she was using her brother's as a excuse.

Candice slumped in defeat. "Just." She thought for the words to describe it. "Think of the expression you see and imagine what you would be feeling to have that look on your face. Same with body language. For instance, everyones' body posture slumps slightly when they feel defeated. Just make sure you don't mix it up with something else, like anger and anguish. They look extremly similar." She hoped that would be enough for him, she really couldn't be bothered to talk much more. She was thinking of getting up and walking away, finding someone else to draw.

Jay smiled approvingly. "That is very clever. I don't know anyone who's that good at reading people. I'm gonna have to try it out sometime." He grinned and looked round the street. He didn't know why he was doing it, itwas just out of habit. "You must have been doing it for years to be able to put it into your art."

Candice watched him look around and wondered how she had missed his insecurity in her first glance, it was so obvious. "Not really, just look at them than I decide what they should look like and draw it." She loved drawing this way, there was rarely anybody who ended up looking exactly the same in the drawing as how they looked when she was drawing them.

"There's something for Shaylah to try." Jay grinned. "She loves art but finds it hard to think of new things to draw." He smiled remembering the piles and piles of sketchbooks that Shaylah had left in her bedroom because she didn't have enough room in her suitcase for them.

Jay laughed at her. "Of course you are." Living with Shaylah had made Jay realise that arguing with a girl was hopeless, he would only lose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back