whats happening to me

He let her go slowly but saying before she had a chance to leave, "But would you risk hurting me so by leaving?" He asked quietly. He thought about Wednesday for a moment but his mind was drawn to Arisa. He didn't like to hurt people but lieing was worse.

Arisa stood upon her toes once more and kissed him lightly on the lips before pulling away. She looked at him again with pain filled eyes and forced the next words out of her mouth "I think its best we just stayed friends" with those words she felt like her heart shattered into a million pieces. She couldnt breath. She wrapped her cloak tighter around her as if to keep her self together. Tears streamed down her face and she shakily walked away. Every step she took farther away from Sern burned but she had to do his, had to get away from him.

Sern felt her kiss and was about to smile when he heard 7 words, each striking him down harder then the last. He a step back and glanced to the ground beside him. He couldn't hide the pained expression that covered his face. Things had just plummeted..oh so very far. He heard her walking away, each step echoing in the emptiness of his heart. And so he stood there silent and still listening to her fading footsteps..

Arisa turned around to see Serns face in just as much pain she was. She couldnt stand it any longer, she didnt care what was best for them any longer. She felt her self running back to him and began sobbing. She got on her knees in front of him "im sorry" she kept saying over and over again. After she was over her fit of histarics she stood up and looked up at his perfect face "I love you" she managed to choke out between sobs.

Sern heard her coming back but didn't allow himself to look up. He heard the words im sorry get repeated over and over through sobbing and looked over to see her kneeling in front of him. He was about to help her up when she pulled herself together and stood. He looked down to her eyes as she murmured I love you. He wiped away her tears with a thumb and whispered, "And I you..". He lent down, slinging his arms around her and kissed her deeply. This time letting it last longer.

Arisa felt Serns arms wrap around her and his lips on hers. She practically sighed with pleasure and kissed him back wrapping her arms around his neck. After a few minutes she finally pulled away and gave him a huge smile. Standing here wrapped in his arms she felt hope, like everything would work out. She couldnt think of anything to say to express what she was feeling so she just hugged him again.

Leaning close to her ear once more he murmured, "I know what its like...it'll be ok" as if in confirmation of the thoughts of hope she would be thinking. Perhaps he himself after so long might be turned into a normal kid.. but he doubted it. This was who he was now and truth be told he didn't mind all that much. Though Arisa.. Arisa wasn't meant to be like him and he certainly wouldn't let her close herself from everyone, "Things will turn out ok" He whispered, his usual cool voice entangled with soothing tones.

Arisa smiled, she believed the words of encouragement coming from him. "thank-you" she said with a smile, at least she knew she would have one person out of the hundreds that were sure to hate her to turn to.

"Of course" He said with a smile. He looked down at her. His face more welcoming then before though still keeping that slight cool look that he would always have. Sern had a slight thought that might cause trouble.. "Hm... lets just hope not to many people turn against you..." He paused for a moment, "I don't know how many people your allowed to curse before they boot you out" And it was true. He was rather protective and didn't think he could stop himself from cursing someone that lashed out at her.

Arisa frowned "no one is getting cursed" she said in a motherly tone. She knew at least 75% of the student population would hate her and she had already accepted that. She looked at him again "People hating me are the least of my worries, theres expulsion, wand snapping, and Askaban that i can see in my near future" she whispered. Even if it was an accident it was still her fault and there was no getting around that. She pulled out her wand and twirled it around in her hands, she would miss it, she loved her wand, rose wood and unicorn hair. Perfect for transfiguration.

"Theres no way im letting you go to azkaban and your wands staying in one piece" He said in a convincing cold steel tone. He believed every word he spoke. He wasn't just going to let some idiot come along not understanding snap her wand and ferry her off to azkaban. He would not allow it.

She put her hand on his arm "I trust you" she said. It was true, she could trust Sern with anything, even her life. Her purple eyes sparkled, she silently wondered if they would ever go back to being green. She hoped not, she liked the purple it looked good on her.

Sern looked into her purple eyes as she said she trusted him. That was all he needed to hear. She trusted him. he picked her up off the ground with a smile, spinning them around for a moment before kissing her gently. This was as it was supposed to be... he was sure of it.

Arisa felt her self being lifted off the ground and spinned around. She couldn't help but giggle a little while he kissed her. This was the happiest she had ever been before and she would enjoy it, not caring about the future. She wrapped her hands around his neck and suggled her face into the crook of his neck "I love you" she said happily.

He felt her hot breath against his neck and smile, "And I love you to" he said, his cool voice entwining with loving tones. He let her down to the ground, taking her hands in his. "today...was a good day..." He said smoothly, looking up to the stars now becoming more visible as night drew across the sky.

"well, this half of the day any ways" she said smiling. She looked up at the stars with him, they were beautiful, sparkling and bright. She suddenly felt remorseful again, Njord would never see the stars again, never laugh or joke around with his friends, never love again, all things she took for granted. A few tears fell down her face, She looked up into the sky again and said "Njord, if you can hear me, I'm so so sorry" she knew it wouldn't make things better but at least it brought her some piece of mind.

Sern closed is eyes and was suddenly met with a vision of that night oh so long ago where it all happened. A tiny tear slipped down his face and was hidden within his shirt. He opened his eyes to get rid of the image. He wished he could tell her that you could forget but you cant. You always remember... He heard her apologize and looked to her tear stricken face. He held her close and watched the swirling clouds and patterned stars.

Arisa looked up at Sern and saw a single wet line across his face, he had actually cried. She gave him a warm smile before shivering. "brrr, its getting cold, we had better get inside" she said pulling her thin cloak tighter around her, she would have to invest in a warmer one next time she was in Brightstone.

Sern would have rathered stay in the night air but of course would accompany her to the castle at least. He led her slowly up along the winding path to the castle doors. He then stood there and said, "I think I'll stay out here for a little while" He lent down slightly and pressed his lips once more against hers, "Goodnight Arisa".

She sighed with please when he kissed her again. She didn't like the idea of going to face everyone alone but she would deal. "good night Sern" she said giving him a quick smile before ducking into the castle and finding the nearest portrait hole there was.

Sern let out a slow sigh as she left. These next few weeks were going to be long...very long. But, he had done it so he was going to deal with it. He stood there, his gaze returning up to the skies again. Things were never easy... He made his way aimlessly along the winding path through the midnight blue night.

~~END~~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back