Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual (Len♥)
Wand
13' Applewood Core of Meteorite Dust
Although she tried her best to move past the incident with Viktor and that awful girl who pushed her, Chante felt there was something stirring inside her that she didn't like. Like, a dislike for a certain group of people and that feeling may have been triggered by the incident. But the incident alone wouldn't be enough to trigger such dislike and ugliness towards those type of people. That's the thing, it wasn't and because of the incident, Chante found herself randomly ranting disgustingly about those of pureblood. "And they think they're so much better than anyone else. Walking around as if they own the school." Chante tries to whisper furiously to a fellow housemate in between two aisles of books, away from others from hearing in on her rant. "They think we're disgusting, but most of them are inbreds. And I try, I am trying not to judge but I am a bit tired the way they act and treat half breeds like myself like we're beneath them. Lesser than them. I mean, am I wrong for feeling this way, am I? Mom knew purebloods, the Makwas, they were nice from what she told me. Not your typical, supremacist purebloods. Where are those kinds? Where? Seems like the good ones died away and just left the rotten ones behind," Chante shook her head and went to look for a textbook for one of her classes. She needed a distraction before she spews any more hateful things about purebloods.

As usual, Isaac was in an area that required some peace and quiet. That day, the common room was bustling with noisy, annoying younger students and the seventh year had not wanted to stay there for another moment. Nor did he think that he should stay in the dorms, there usually weren’t many roommates of his at the same time during the day but Isaac liked to have his own space. He flipped page after page of his textbook as he read, taking it in but not feeling the need to take notes. After all, the Ravenclaw had an astonishingly brilliant memory. Call it photographic, whatever. The library was supposed to be for peace and quiet. Or at the very least, quiet. The boy snapped his book shut, louder than necessary. Then, with a calm, expressionless face he looked up at the person who was...ranting. He let her finish before saying anything, opening his book once more and repeating the routine of flipping the pages aimlessly, this time not focusing on what it said. "Are you finished?" he said, amused, without giving the girl a second glance. He’d heard of this complaint on more than one occasion before; so he was hardly surprised.

Chante had thought she had been whispering most of her rant to a trusted ally, to someone who understood where she was coming from when dealing with bigots like the Styxs. Well, she thought wrong. The color from her face practically drains when someone else made themselves known. Chante tore her eyes away from her housemate to another sitting alone with an open textbook in front of him. Chante nervously glances back at her housemate, a panic look appeared on her face. “Excuse me?” Chante spoke up, now wasn’t the time to act all innocent. She wasn’t right now, she meant what she said and she would say it again. Although, she could do better by not being so ignorant…”I wasn’t aware I was talking out loud, in fact, I wasn’t. I was whispering to my friend here,” Chante spoke a little braver, with her head held up high and her shoulders pushed back. This side of her, it’s been a little absent, a little suppressed for a while and it just felt a little good to be able to stand up for herself. Maybe he wasn't the one that needed to hear this, but it's not like she meant for him to hear it in the first place.

Isaac continued to flip the pages, a habit he had picked up way back in first or second year, for reasons unknown to him. And therefore probably to others, too. He took a minute before he glanced up again at the girl and gave her a smile when he saw he had rattled her. Her ranting had been amusing, not to mention cute, he usually didn’t get involved in such comments though as he was a pureblood but not as prejudiced as he had been brought up to be as a kid. He didn’t say anything, not interrupting her as she finished her attempt at an explanation. He wasn’t judging her, he was simply curious as to what could have possibly brought her to say those things out loud. "It is a library, therefore a quiet area. People could hear you clearly, you know, whether you whisper or not," he pointed out calmly. After all, she hadn’t exactly been a quiet whisperer. Finally, he closed his book and put it away in his bag, giving the girl his attention. It was rude not to look at the person you were speaking to. "So. What riled you up?"

The confidence she was building up started to deflate like a balloon losing air. She may have sounded cross, a little up there with her temper. The thing that may have triggered that reaction was the simple fact he was telling her she couldn’t whisper and that she was caught saying bigoted things…”I can whisper…, it’s not so hard…” Chante frowns, she turns her back on him hoping that would all be the end of it. He said more, and Chante didn’t think she can muster enough guts to reply to him. However, not saying anything to him will totally keep him on her tail. “I thought you were listening? I think maybe you need to get your ears checked,” Chante forms those words and she couldn’t believe they were coming out of her mouth. Mom’s boldness was really catching up on her.

The more the Ravenclaw talked to the girl and tried to see where she was coming from by asking questions, the more amused he became. He didn’t laugh as that would just be mean, though he did keep a slight smirk on his features as he watched her. She seemed to be uncomfortable at the fact that he had accidentally eavesdropped on her conversation. But, to be fair, she hadn’t been very subtle. Not at all. "Gee, that was a joke, no need to take it so personally," he said, a little annoyed but also meaning what he said. After all what was the point in lying about such a silly thing. The only reaction the girl received from him about the supposed insult was the rise of an eyebrow. "Is that supposed to offend me?" he asked bluntly. "Perhaps I do need to get them checked," he said, wondering what she would say to that. He leaned forward so he could get a better look at the girl. "What I meant was more along the lines of, who made you so upset? What happened?" He pressed. "Surely it must have been someone who did something specific."

Chante sighs, mildly irritated, “If I was in a joking mood, in a better mood I may have laughed with you. Maybe, but, seeing as I’m not,” Chante gestures with her hands as if to say sorry, not sorry. That’s a signal or hint for him to fill in the blanks. “No, not really. I would be concerned if it were me. If you’re listening to someone else’s conversation and not have a clue what they were saying in the first place. I mean, I would be worried,” Chante jumping a little ahead of herself and it was a little too late. “Okay,” Chante cast her brown eyes down, she felt incredibly dumb for not understanding him in the first place. “It’s nothing, I was mainly speaking from a general point of view. That blood purity shouldn’t matter...and we should all be treated as equals. That’s not bad to want right?” Chante explains her mild ranting, it's a topic that's gone on for centuries. It's a controversial topic and it's bad that in these progressive times these problems still exist. "You understand?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back