Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 12 Inch Flexible Cypress Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Snowdrop wanted to start this year off right. She had decided to register for a few classes, though she wasn't entirely sure what she would be doing with them. She hadn't decided on much other than being an advocate for werewolves and other beings treated as lesser. She wanted to be a voice for those who didn't have one. She had set her wand down in her bag with some other stuff and was just across the library trying to get a book down. Of course she could walk back to her bag and get her wand to help her but stubbornly she was trying to reach it on her own. She was stood on tip toes and her finger tips could graze the bottom of the book she wanted. She thought about jumping to reach it but didn't want to embarrass herself by knocking other books over. She huffed, about ready to give in.

Cassius Styx wondered why he had bothered to sign up for what he did, but all branches of magic were to be respected, even something ridiculous like Magical Creatures and Divination. He found himself in the library again, and decided to try to find a book that he could read that was not school related. He still had his bag over his shoulder when he saw Snowdrop reaching up for a book. Since he was taller than average, he walked up from behind her, reached up to grab the book from the top, the very one that she was needing. He held it out to her, "You know, you should consider drinking more milk if you want to grow taller. Or use your wand." Cass smirked, knowing that he was giving her a little bit of hell. He just had a good feeling about this year, so he could be in a good mood, right? Plus, he did expose some of Terror's aspects to others, so he was sure that he wouldn't fall victim to his cousin again.

Snow couldn’t believe her luck when a taller student grabbed the exact book she was reaching for. And even more so couldn’t believe her bad luck when she heard Cassius’ voice teasing her height. Snow’s cheeks burned an indignant pink and she turned to face him. He was holding out the book but she was busy glaring at him, clearly blushing over the angry look. “What do you want?” She inquired grumpily, now crossing her arms over her chest.

Cass wondered why Snow was not taking the book, but instead, his eyes landed on her cheeks. She was blushing? Blushing and glaring… That combination was new. Why did he want to see that more? Cass was having some complicated thoughts in his head. "Nothing, just getting a book down that you were struggling with. But if you don’t want it, I'll just put it back." Cass shrugged as he moved to put the book back up on the shelf. If she did not want his help, well, he would just return the book from where it came from. A part of him hoped that she would stop him, and keep their interaction going. This was a vast comparison to the previous year when they physically fought.

Snowdrop eyed Cassius suspiciously as he said he was just trying to be helpful. Him? Helpful? She could have scoffed. But as he put the book toward the shelf she reached out without actually touching him to stop him. “Wait wait… uhm. I need it. Thanks.” She said. She held out her hand to him to take the book, still a bit flustered that she was thanking Cassius Styx for anything. He was such a jerk after all. “Why are you suddenly being helpful?” She asked, feeling that after their last interaction she had a right to know.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Snowdrop reach out as if to stop him, but didn’t put her hands on him. Well, that was respectful so Cass stopped. He brought the book back down and put it in her hand. The way she was flustered was honestly cute, though he wasn’t sure why he was thinking that. Girls were too complicated and his dad was too busy with other things to ask. "Well, as one of the taller people, I just assumed the role of pulling items down from heights short people can’t reach," Cass shrugged his shoulders. "Besides, I’m not exactly in the mood to have a proper fight or argument, so I’m doing whatever I can to avoid it." Turned out, being a decent human being helped greatly.

Snowdrop couldn't argue with his reasoning. "you are kind of freakishly tall." She said, the backhanded compliment quite typical for her interactions with someone like Cassius. She could feel the heat finally leaving her cheeks as they spoke. He made a comment about not wanting to fight and she took in a breath before responding. "That may be the case now, but that doesn't mean I can just forget every rude thing you've ever said. You might have Morrigan fooled but I still think you're a spoiled jerk." She said honestly. "But thanks for getting the book down." The Gryffindor added. "See you in class." She said, not planning to stick around for more conversation.

Cass figured that he was, since that seemed to be the trademark appearance behind the Zhefarovich family. Very tall, and often, silver eyes. Rarely, they do change over time. He raised an eyebrow at her words and ultimately just sighed. At this point, it felt like she was trying to provoke him with even insulting him. And then thanked him for getting the book down. "Whatever I guess. I do something nice and still get sh*t for it," Cass said as he let a breath out. He was too emotionally drained for something like this. He turned and left Snowdrop where she stood for another part of the library to search for another book that might be mildly entertaining. Anything to distract him over what he felt, and what happened over break. He would handle this, alone, like he always had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back