OOC First Name
Madz
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Demisexual (Domhnall)

It was pouring rain today, and it was Maya third attempt to finally meet up with Alex Cullen. This time she had succeed in touching base with him through owl mail, and he didn't have a perfectly good excuse not to meet her. Its not that she was desperate or anything like that, I mean she had more business to attend to besides seeing her old friend brother. Maya still had to meet up with Hadan Blake, from what he told her in a couple owl mail, was that he was going to try and transfer to Hogwarts New Zealand. She question her friend why would he move down there, when he reveal to her that his little sister was going there and so was his fiance. OmG! Hadan you have a fiance?? Was all she could say while reading that letter. She was still confused about the details, but perhaps seeing him later on tonight would answer to all her questioning. It was just so weird to think that her old friend was finally getting married, so soon and to someone he's been dating, with no one knowing for a long time now. The rain kept pouring as Maya hurried into a shop, were they served coffee and pastries. She sat down along side of the window as a waitress apparated taking down her orders, only to vanish again in returning with her coffee and crum cake. "Thanks"Maya spoke briefly, handing the blonde haired woman a few galleon as she restored to wait for Alex to arrive.

Alex sighed. It was pouring rain and he had forgotten New Zealand was in winter. The drastic weather changed had him shaking with the cold. How he wished he was back in Jamaica at the moment. Looking round through the mistified empty town, he saw the cafe she wanted him to meet him at and shook his head, trying to shift away the rain that was pouring down his face.
Stuffing his hands into his jeans pocket to try and warm them up, he jogged in the direction before opening the door by leaning against it. He looked like a drowned rat, his hair dripping with rain and his clothes dark and soaking. He shook his head, sending rain against the window. He heard a hiss from one of the waitresses and smiled sheepishly at them. Glancing over the area, he sort of recognized a familiar looking girl and guessed it was Maya.
'Right, what is it you wanted?' Alex immediately asked as he pulled out the chair opposite. He had never been friends with this girl. It was his brother who had tried to have a conversation sometimes and even then, she had turned him down often. He owed nothing to this girl either and wonder why she had kept persisting to meet up with him. Sitting down, he looked at her with an expectant look, waiting to see what all the fuss was about.

Maya looked up, without even a greeting from Alex, she sighed shaking her head. "Well hello to you you too." she shoot back with a infinite glare, only for her face to soften as she reminded herself she wasn't here to be spiteful. "What I want is to know what happen to Haden?" she answered back quickly. Yes she could admit she wasn't always peaches and creams with Haden, but still she couldn't help but wonder what happen to the Cullen boy. She wasn't sure if she was finally going to admit, she had some sort of strong feelings for Haden at one time. She thought about it, and realise she couldn't tell Alex, either way it wasn't going to bring him back.

Alex smirked as she shot back a defensive hello. She was so obvious in her actions. If he acted hostile, he wouldn't need to be here much longer. Besides, it was obvious she wasn't here to enjoy an old 'friend's' company with that hostility. As he looked down at the table, eh saw he crumb cake and amusement glinted over his eyes. It had been a long time since he had seen one of those.
The minute he question penetrated his ears, he snapped his head up, a steely gaze on his face. 'What?' he asked, his voice cooled over and guarded. His hand on the table curled into a fist as he tried to contain the sadness galloping through him. Why had she said his name? She didn't have the right to bring him up again. Especially when he had been doing so well trying to put Haden behind him.
'How dare you bring him up. And what makes you think I'm gonna tell you what happen to Ha-him,' he tried to so hard to say his brother's name, but it was impossible. 4 years in had been since he had said it and now, it felt too sacred to be spoken allowed. A frown appeared on his face, before he turned it away from her to hide his sadness. He would not show weakness to her. Especially her who brought the whole subject up again.

"Hey I have the right to know what happen to Haden and I don't give a crap what you think Alex." she flared back, watching his reaction. She didn't plan for this to happen, she didn't want this meeting to go down this way. No, not at all. She looked down at the crum cake and had the sudden urge to grab for it and just smashed in his ugly freaking frown."Obviously Haden never told you what happen between the both of us." she looked at his gaze and shook her head, "Don't think that way, so don't come to that conclusion." she kept saying. She wanted to make sure he didn't thought of something romantic had happen between the both of them. "I mean for your information Hadan Blake was disturb to hear no one invited us to the funereal." she said shaken by her words but still glaring at Alex. The waitress that had served them were looking at their two customers, tis not how Maya normally act out in public. But never did dhe felt so angry in her life, close to breaking into tears.

Alex could almost kill this woman as she continued on about her rights. She didn't know half of what he had been through and he certaintly wasn't going to go through it again for her petty reasons. She didn't know the guy hardly, and if anything had happened between the two of them, he would of told him about it, right?
He bit his inner lip harshly as he cursed her for him starting to doubt his brother's honesty to him. This is not happening. My brother was the best person out there. There is no way on earth I am doubting him. The blood trickled from his lip in his mouth and he savored the pain it brought bringing him back to reality, almost in a numb shell. Fine, he'd tell her what she wanted but then he was getting the hell out of here and never speaking to her again.
'If you knew that there was a funeral, why do you need me to tell you that he's dead Maya? And I'm sorry. But the funeral wasn't exactly a funeral in a way. It was just a name plate on the grass. Nobody went if you must know, but thanks for reminding me how awful a person I am,' he replied bitterly, signaling to the waiter. He needed something strong now.
Call him an alcoholic if you must, but he was far from it. But when times like these came he needed something to take him away from his past. He ordered himself a Scotch Whisky quietly and almost in no time, it was sitting in front of him. The little oily swirls were visible in the strong drink but no matter, it would do the job faster at least. Alex picked up the glass with shaking hands and drained the glass in one, before asking for a refill and draining that one as well.
The delusional sense of calmness started sweeping over him immediately as he held his head in his hands. Releasing a deep sigh, he leaned back in his chair staring at Maya. 'Anything else you want to ask me Maya? How he died perhaps? Or maybe who did it? I'm sure you'll love the answer to that one,' he told her straight. There was no humour in his words anymore nor hate or bitterness, not because of the drink but because he could feel nothing anymore except the guilt from the murdering of his brother.

Maya was astonished by the way Alex was acting, but didn't let her face betrayed by the shock she was feeling. The rage had already built up, and had nearly trashed to an emotional break down, but she let her head drop as she stood briefly only to let her eyes wander back towards Alex. "You know what your right, I have nothing to do with this matter no more, and the relationship between me and your brother was never your business to began with" she started to walk towards the door letting him get bloody drunk. But before she left, she lean closely to his ear,
"You should feel guilty.., and to think you was the one he always trusted" she apparted out before Alex had his finale saying, Maya knew what she had done was wrong. But it didn't help she was already feeling the guilt when she apparated back towards the alleyways of London. Tears were slowly sliding down her milky ghostly complexion, that would be the finale time she ever would think of Haden Cullen.

Alex heard the chair scraped back before his eyes followed up her body to see her face. She looked different, a lot different. Mind you, it had been what, 4 years since they had seen each other, no wait, 5 years. No wonder. He showed no emotion on his blank face as she finally agreed with him. To be honest, this surprised him. He didn't think he'd break her that quickly.
She had seemed a much stronger person and it wasn't like he had used that much aggression against her. Nor had he got to the details of Haden's death like she had asked him here for it seemed. It like she didn't want to know he had been murdered for being a much better person than everyone else, and low life's like Alex envied him so much they had to kill him in such a petty way.
He was wary as she leaned near him, leaning away slightly. His eyes widened as the words cut into his gut, ripping apart the empty hole in there. His lips set together as the sheer raw pain ripped through him and she apparated away. God, eh hated that women so much. How could she just do that to him? Standing up, the chair scrapping loudly against the floor, startling the other people in shop, he closed his eyes and pressed his fingers against his temples in an attempt to clear his head. But it was useless.
'Idiot,' he yelled at himself and his hands took the edge of the table, tipping the whole thing over onto it's side. The sound of plates crashing against the floor, the glass smashing and metal pots rolling away seemed to be loud enough to penetrate to his sensible side finally. Someone shaking his shoulder in a furious manner broke his frozen exterior. He looked confused slightly as there were suddenly two blurred figures in front of him, constantly swaying.
He couldn't be bothered dealing with this at the moment. Reaching into his pocket, he took a handful of galleons, in fact, his whole week's wages, and handed them to her, though he missed with his blurred vision and heard them clattering on the floor before running out the shop and into the pouring rain. At least now he could feel the rain mingle with his pain, just like the night he found out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back