OOC First Name
Kadi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 13 Inch Unyielding Hazel Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Delilah was relieved that the semester and exams were behind her but she hadn't been able to relax quite yet. She had been genuinely excited when she found out that there would be a blind date event this year and she wouldn't have to worry about finding someone to go with. But of course things couldn't be that easy. She had never really talked to Flynn herself but she knew him by reputation at least and from lessons. He seemed...fine. But after her conversation with Brooke and Ivy, it felt like disaster was inevitable. Either it would go well and would cause tension, or it would go poorly....and be just as bad. And that didn't even take into account what he thought of her. Was there a way it could go neutrally? She wasn't sure and wiped her sweaty palms on her skirt uselessly. Delilah took a deep breath and looked around the hall to see if Flynn had arrived yet, her stomach in knots. Eventually she spotted him across the hall and waved at him sheepishly.

Flynn just felt incredibly awkward, somewhat nervous hands pulling at his collar as he headed towards the Great Hall. Honestly, he didn't know why he had thought signing up for these blind dates again was a good idea after the previous year hadn't exactly been great. Not that anything bad had happened, but he hadn't really enjoyed himself all that much. But apparently, he simply enjoyed making himself suffer and had signed up again and, again, found himself partnered with someone he knew next to nothing about. He just really hoped this was not going to be awkward. Though when he walked in and spotted the girl waiting for him, those stupid nerves came back. Flynn swallowed somewhat uncomfortably as he wandered over, refraining from shoving his hands in his pockets as he gave an awkward smile. "Er... hey. You look.... nice."

The entire time Flynn was walking over Delilah fidgeted, unsure what to do with her hands as she waited. Eventually she folded them and kept them in front of her as she smiled at him. "Oh, thanks." she said brightly and used it as an excuse to look away. "You look really nice too." she added, admiring his suit jacket. He was very handsome and she wasn't sure what to do about it. "So, um. What do you want to do first?" she asked timidly. She was willing to let him take the lead if he wanted, since she still had Brooke's comment about dancing floating in the back of her mind.

This was just awkward beyond belief. Flynn wanted to go back to his common room already. Agreeing to take part in this blind date thing had just been a big mistake on his part and not one he was going to make in the future. Then again, he was sure he had thought the same thing he previous year as well. "Uh, thanks," he responded to the compliment with an awkward smile, one hand anxiously running back through his dark curls. And then Delilah asked what he wanted to do first and Flynn paused. "I don't know," he admitted with a sigh, "I mean dancing is a bit... uncomfortable." He probably could do it, but he would honestly rather not.

Delilah was almost comforted by the fact Flynn seemed to be just as nervous as she was, for reasons she couldn't figure out. She waited patiently for his answer and felt her face flush when he mentioned dancing. "Oh. right." she blurted out quickly feeling like a jerk for not being more considerate. "We don't have to dance." she said easily with a casual shrug of her shoulders. "I don't even like dancing." she added with out thinking. It was a lie, Delilah actually quite liked dancing but it was a lie she could live with for the evening. "We can get something to eat and just...talk?" she suggested and pointed over her shoulder at the snack table. At this point she was willing to do what ever she could to get through this night as smoothly as possible.

Well this couldn't get any more awkward or anything. Flynn just sighed, shifting a little uncomfortably. "I mean, we can if you want to or whatever," he was quick to add on, anxiously picking at a loose thread on his sleeve, "I'm not just much of a dancer or anything." It wasn't like he had taken any lessons or had ever really done any sort of formal dancing before. "I don't just want this to be... lame... or whatever," while he could probably deal with lame himself, he would feel just a tiny bit bad for ruining Delilah's evening as well.

Delilah watched him pick at his sleeve and she smiled sympathetically when he admitted he didn't want the night to be lame. At that she had to laugh, and what started as a sudden out burst broke out into a fit of giggles. She tried to cover her mouth to hide her reaction but there was just something so funny to her about their mutual anxiety making them both miserable it made her laugh. "You don't have to be so worried about that." she said between deep breaths as she finally caught her breath and felt some of the tension leave her shoulders. Delilah felt a little embarrassed now that she had calmed down but she couldn't seem to care the way she did before she lost her cool. Any shred of her dignity was gone now and she just had to make the most of it. "I think dates are all doomed to be awkward and a little lame." she admitted in a serious voice before laughing again.

When she suddenly started laughing out of the blue, Flynn blinked somewhat with confusion. Had he said something funny? He hadn't been trying to be funny. Or was she actually just laughing at him? Flynn did hope it wasn't the latter option as he didn't really think he could forgive someone laughing at him when he was actually trying to be nice for a change. "You say that, but I can't really help but be worried about it," even now he was starting to laugh a little. And it was making him feel much better about this whole 'date'. Because she was right. No blind date was going to be perfect and it was always going to be awkward at first, if not a little lame as well. "Alright," he eventually admitted with a laugh, rubbing the back of his neck with a hand, "You do have a point."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back