Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 9 Inch Swishy Walnut Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Avaria had to wonder how she got herself into this situation. Here she was, hanging upside down, her foot caught in the crook of a tree branch. She could free herself, but to do that she would have to drop Fluffles. And she was resting peacefully in Avaria's arms. She almost stuck her tongue out at the tiny black kitten. How it had gotten out and stuck in this tree, she had no idea.

Avaria looked around. She was in the street by the hotel, but it was quiet for some reason and no one had been by in nearly ten minutes. She sighed in exasperation. She had decided to paint something today, but had found fluffles missing and had gone looking for her instead. Avarian wouldn't be back until tonight, so her father would be of no help to her. After a moment's deliberation, she decided there was nothing for it. Taking a deep breath, she shut her eyes and yelled. "Hey!"

The kid that came to help her found her, long blond hair swaying and her face red as a tomato, hanging with her sneaker-clad foot stuck in the tree and her blue t-shirt crumpled just above her belly button. She was glad she'd gone for the jeans over the ruffled skirt today.

Today was only him and his Nanny. Philip was rewarded for finishing his last year at Eton with good grades. With him going to Hogwarts next year, he needed a companion with him. It was the reward and that excites him. He and his Nanny went to the local pet store in Pontefract, a little walk from their house. It was almost as if it was a routine walk for them both. Philip's Nanny is a witch which is tradition to the Maxwell family household. "What should I get, Mama?" He asked his Nanny who he calls Mama. With his real mum's absent all the time because of work, he had been with his Nanny for forever. Philip's dad, on the other hand, is always there for him. Attends commencements, school activities and even parent teacher meetings. "Aahh, when I went to Hogwarts, I had a guinea pig. Easy to maintain, feed and clean. Although do not let them loose without their bubble cage." She stated with a giggle. Reminiscing her old days.

When they got to the place, Philip's Nanny came in first. Philip and his first pet was a big deal for him and was both excited and afraid. Frozen on his spot, he heard someone shouted and looked around to see who it was. Philip spotted a girl across from the pet store hanging upside down from a tree and it seems she needed help. The boy looked from his left to the right before crossing the road. And when he got closer to her, she was in distress by the look on her face. "How long have you been there?" He was curious. Philip wanted to call for an adult to help her but it seems she needed the help now. "I can catch you if you wiggle your feet loose." He said with a comforting face.

Avaria let out a sigh of relief when the boy came along. She checked on Fluffles again as he approached. The silly kitty was fast asleep, snuggled in against her chest. She smiled softly at her little fuzzball. They said black cats were bad luck, but she didn't believe something so cute could be so bad.

She looked at the boy when he came up and offered to catch her. Her brow furrowed a bit. She was small for her age, she knew that, but she still couldn't help but worry that falling onto this boy might hurt him. She bit her lip for a moment, considering. No, she decided, it would be better to hand him Fluffles and just flip herself up. She shook her head and slowly started moving her arms. "I'm alright, if you could just take..."

Avaria had just started to extend her arms when she felt her foot slip out of her shoe. Her eyes went wide and she barely had time to pull the kitten back in against her chest before she was falling. She shut her eyes tight and waited to hit the ground.

His offer was turned down but not until the girl was handing him her cat. Only that before she could hand the cat to him, she was falling. Philip was there, ready to catch her. The boy felt her weight and thankful about it. Philip smiled as her eyes were shut off pretty tight. She's pretty, he thought to himself. "Oi! You can open your eyes now. You're safe." For a ten year old, Philip was tall and build from playing lacrosse. "Do not climb tress anymore, Miss ..." He trailed off, not knowing her name yet.

Avaria was surprised when she didn't hit the ground. She opened one blue eye to investigate, and came face to face with the brunette boy. She opened her eyes slowly when he said she was safe.

He admonished her gently, trailing off as he didn't know her name. "Avaria. And I only went after Fluffles." She opened her arms a bit to reveal the small kitten clutching frantically to her shirt.

"But you're sweet for saying so. Mr...?" She mimicked his question with a playful smile.

He sigh like an adult when the girl named Avaria told him why she climb the tree in the first place. Of course, he can get mad at her for that. Philip, too, care about animals and that cat seems good enough to be rescued. "Philip. And you know Pontefract has the best fire department. You could have called them and they'll get your cat back." In his mind he has a point. Risking lives was nowhere near Avaria. Philip have observed her. Although, he would agree that she's kind of pretty. "Anyways, where do you live? Me and my mama are buying some guinea pig for school, would you want to accompany me and after we could take you home?" He asked nicely, Philip wouldn't left Avaria out there again, alone. You can never tell when a cat would decided to jump off her arms and into a tree again.

"It's nice to meet you Philip. And thanks for helping me." She kissed his cheek once he finished admonishing her. He was too serious. He needed her to help him lighten up in return for rescuing her.

Avaria smiled happily at the boy. He still hadn't set her down, but that was alright. Her heart was still racing from falling out of the tree. She giggled as he finished talking and she pointed to an open hotel window on the top floor. "Daddy and I are here because he had work. We don't live here. I'll still come with you though, if that's okay." She asked hopefully, wanting to see the guinea pigs.

Philip was surprised at Avaria when she put a kiss on his cheek. The boy was merely acting the way any people would do. Help others. He didn't want Avaria to break any bones and the park was almost deserted. No one would see her and help her. She explained that they weren't from there and was just traveling. "So, where do you really live, Ava? Mind if I call you Ava?" He asked two questions. Philip was into nicknames, it makes him remembered peoples names clearly.

He was then feeling cramping on his arms that he didn't realized he was still carrying her. "Oh, got too comfortable there for a second." He told Avaria and gently placed her feet on the ground. He smiled cheerfully and placed his hand on the pockets of her jeans. "The pet shop is just across. I'm excited to get one. Let's go." Philip took Avaria's hand and gently pulled her to where the pet shop was.

Avaria smiled at the look of surprise that came over Philip's face after she kissed his cheek. He quickly asked her a question then, and she couldn't help but giggle happily. Before she could answer, however, he set her back on her feet. He told her where the pet shop was and took her hand, pulling her along. She skipped after him, Fluffles nustled happily in the crook of her other arm.

"Ava is alright," She told him as they walked. She was debating whether or not she wanted to settle for 'Phil' as a good nickname for the boy, so she didn't offer it just yet. "And I'm not quite sure where we live yet; my mama died not long ago so I got put in an orphanage until they found my daddy. He's a traveling photographer and we've only been together for a little while now. I think we're moving to New Zealand before long but I'm not sure." She told him cheerily, skipping along beside him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back