Werewolf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren Hewitt

OOC First Name
Daniel
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4 Essence of Phoenix Ash
I'm curious what interpertation of werewolves are we using on this site? The movies and books are in contridiction.

The book describes the werewolf as almost indistinguishable from a normal wolf. However, they are larger, and have a bob tail instead of a long one.

The movie turned the werewolf into this long armed ganglion beast.

I'm happy with both. Just wondering if anyone decided on a what a werewolf looks like on the board?

Sorry for the delayed response, I knew I had answered something about canon recently and just had to find it.
Another FAQ Topic said:
Short answer: The books are the ultimate canon.
Long answer: There are times when the movies or the video games say something, or do something, which is later contradicted by JKR in written form, or in an interview, or whatever. This is shown in the effects of many spells in the video games.So we accept some things from the movies, but if JKR ever indicates that they're wrong, then she's right. For example when/if that Harry Potter encyclopedia comes out, it will be a great source for things - considered less than the books themselves but much higher than the movies (and certainly the video games).

Anything the books says is absolutely true. There are definitely other wizarding schools throughout the world that just don't get named.
Some things the movies say might be true, might be ignored entirely.

When in doubt: believe the novels.
(Source)

Topic Closed and Archived

Your question/issue has either been resolved or is unanswerable.
If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to open another topic in the FAQ forum, we're always pleased to answer your questions.

Thank you,

~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back