We're treading that Thin line of Love and Hate

Nicolette Styx

OOC First Name
Jessye
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
Nicolette was supposed to be helping Cecily plant some flowers and plants around the house today. She managed to help her with this task before she happened to lose interest, and there was still plenty to be done. But of course Nicolette thought she had found something better to do than this and that pertained to her climbing this rather large tree in Cecily's yard. "You should plant those flowers next..." She pointed some some light purple as she pushed herself up into a standing position. She was wearing her usual favorite Attire that consisted of a hoodie and some shorts. Turning back to look at Cecily with a small smile she made her way over to the large tree and lent against it's trunk for a moment. Then grabbing the lowest branch on the tree she pulled herself up onto it before grabbing onto the near it and pulling herself up onto that one. Soon she was about a quarter of the way up the large tree and showed no signs of stopping. "This tree is awful high.." She said to herself as she looked down at Cecily.

Cecily loved the feel of the warm earth squishing between her fingers. There was some things that just relaxed her and planting was high on the list. The blessedly warm day brought with it sunshine and a nice breeze. Lately her body temperature ran higher than normal, so she wore some old shorts and tank top. She hummed a soft song, green eyes faraway as she lost herself in dreams and plans for the future. She held a secret within her, one she was waiting for the right moment to tell her friend. The silver of the flower she was planting reminded her of Prodan's beautiful eyes. The last time she had spent any time with him hadn't gone well. Then she had become ill that night and hadn't been able to keep their dinner plans.

The weekend had brought her blessed peace from the castle and its stresses. She turned her head as Nicolette rose and wandered off. Laughing Cecily reached for the purple flowers next. "Slacker!" she called out in a teasing tone. They both knew she wasn't serious. She knew plants were her thing not Niccy's. Hands patted the ground, she turned her head and looked up, way up. "Remember what happened last time you were in a tree!"

Nicolette snickered when Cecily had called her a slacker and continued to climb further up the tree. Okay, maybe it was a little unfair that Cecily was doing most of the work herself, but Niccy couldn't really help it if her mind got of track easily. By the time she was halfway up the tree her arms were a bit tired so she decided to sit down on the branch and let her legs dangle over the side. "I know what happened last time, but Kalif isn't here to knock me out of the tree either...' Her lips pursed in an annoyed fashion before she shook her head.

"Your just jealous because I'm a super awesome climber." Niccy stuck her tongue and began to climb once more, of course she was joking. She actually had no clue if Cecily could climb or not.

Only a few days ago Cecily would have jumped at a dare like that. She could scale a tree better than a grindylow could swim. She shook her head. Those days were put on hiatus, at least for a while. Standing she put a hand to her lower back and rubbed out any knots from bending over so long on the ground. A gentle breeze ruffled her hair as she walked to stand beneath the tree. Scratching at the back of her head for a second, she leaned her head back to look up at her tree climbing friend.

She shielded her eyes from the sun. "I can climb a tree, just not right now," she laughed nervously. Here we go. "Maybe in eight months."

Nicolette continued to climb, she was nearing the top of the tree, which had been her goal. Luckily for her the branches were closer together as she climbed further and further up. Her arms were getting extremely tired and pretty much begged for her to quit, but she was so close! She gripped a hold of branch that seemed a bit higher up than others with one hand and pulled herself up so that she could grab with the other. Hanging from the branch she waited for the energy to spring herself up and looked down at Cecily. "What do you have to wait eight months?" Her eyebrows furrowed as she looked down at her friend carefully. Was Cecily sick or something, she had been acting so weird lately.

"Why don't you come down first?" Cecily turned from the tree, a smile playing about her lips. Resuming planting she picked up a small flower box and knelt. The garden was coming along nicely. Soon the front of the small house would be charming and cozy. She considered it a parting gift to her friend, whom didn't know that once Cecily and Prodan married, Cecily was gifting the house to Niccy. Humming, she waited for Niccy to come down.

Nicolette sighed loudly when Cecily asked her to come down. Her face turned into one that could rival a pouting three year olds. She was almost at the top, but would honor Cecily's request anyways. "Fine." Nicolette muttered as she let go of the branch and landed on the one below it swiftly. She was so high up that she was sure it would take her a good few minute's to get down without any injuries. "Let me just climb down.." Nicolette called down to her friend as she hopped down onto another branch. Whatever Cecily had to tell her had better be good, or she was so getting a pile of leaves on top of that pretty head of hers.

With another agitated sigh, Nicolette hopped down from a branch and expected to land on the one slightly below it. However, her jump must not have been enough, because instead of firmly landing on the branch like she expected, her feet instead slipped the moment they touched the branch. "W-Whoa!" Nicolette gasped when she fell back because she wasn't able to keep her balance. She squeaked in pain when she not only felt the back of her head hit a branch, but there was no way for her to grab onto anything and stop herself form falling.

Kalif wished he couldn't be bothered, but apparently his brother was hired as the Muggle Studies professor. Of all subjects, why that one? Prodan requested Kalif would go to Cecily's house and the smart man made sure Kalif had nothing to do. Kalif rolled his eyes as he walked, black robes fluttering around him as he stepped. Kalif had to make sure that Prodan did not spill anything about him also. How he could make sure the threat is there, well, Kalif had something in mind. His mind almost blank, Kalif continued. However, he spotted that Cecily woman, and then heard something from above. Out of instinct and quick reflexes, Kalif managed to step right under Nicolette as she fell from the tree. Kalif caught her with both of his arms, and he rolled his eyes. Can she not stay out of trees for just a moment? Another moment later, he released his grasp, and allowed the woman to fall once more. Kalif glanced up at Cecily, and he said, "You told Prodan the news, did you not."

Cecily chuckled at her friend's pouty attitude. She dearly loved the woman and hoped she would take the news well. Turning her head to tell her that chocolate chip cookies were part of the news, she gasped and jumped up as Nicolette fell from the tree. The quick action made her dizzy and she fought down nausea. She cursed herself for leaving her wand inside. As she ran forward to try to help her friend, desperately afraid she'd break something on contact with the hard ground, she didn't notice Kalif until he had literally plucked Nicolette from the air. "Oh thank Merlin," she breathed then frowned as he dumped Niccy on the ground.

"Be careful!" she admonished him, kneeling beside Niccy. "Are you alright?" She looked up at the tall man and rolled her eyes at the usual bland look on his face. Did nothing phase this man? "I can see word travels quickly in your family. Yes, I told him yesterday."

Nicolette closed her eyes tightly and had been fully ready to hit the ground, but when that hit had never came and instead it felt like she had been caught by someone she cracked an eye open and immediately turned a dark red color. Of all people to come and catch her of course it had to be him, she didn't have much time to dwell on it because soon she dropped on the ground with a soft 'thud'. Nicolette let out a little squeak in surprise and immediately brought a hand up to rub at her head, she had hit it roughly on the way down and it stung pretty badly."Sh*t. Yeah I'm okay...." Niccy said as she felt around for bumps. When she felt none on her head she gave Cecily a soft smile and pushed herself up so she was standing once again.

"Thanks Kalif. Although I'm seriously starting to wonder why it is that I fall out of trees every time your around." Nicolette giggled softly and cringed a bit when she felt some of the pain from her head, it was surely going to bruise. Looking between Kalif and Cecily, with curious golden eyes she wondered what they were talking about. There was some sort of news that she didn't know about yet? "What news?" She asked slyly as she narrowed her eyes at Cecily, knowing fully well that something was going on...and she wanted to know what it was.

Relieved Nicolette seemed to be unharmed, Cecily stood and cupped her elbows. She felt a chill and wanted her sweater from inside. Most of all she wanted at least one time she told someone the news, that something odd wouldn't happen. Yet she was realistic enough to know it would probably never happen. "Niccy. I'm going to have a baby." Breath held, lip bit, she waited for her response.

Kalif folded his arms over his chest and he murmured, "She has fallen from higher heights before. That was nothing." He glanced down at Nicolette with his bleak, uncaring eyes. Kalif shifted his posture just slightly and he informed Cecily, "As Head now, I know more events than others beforehand. I don't know if anyone else knows." Kalif once more gazed down at Nicolette, and he rolled his eyes, "The last time, I personally helped you out of that tree." Kalif nodded slightly when Cecily spilled the news. Truthfully, he did not wish that it would have happened before marriage, but it did. Kalif just dismissed the indecency and was almost thankful that they were at least getting married.

Nicolette blinked before beaming brightly at Kalif; "Your the head of your family now? How cool!" She only knew information about this because she had grown up with Alphonse and the Snows. They were one of those families that did that whole head member of the family and such. Apparently it was a huge deal being appointed as head, however didn't exactly know if it was a good thing to Kalif or not, she didn't really know his family or him that well. "There was no helping about it..." She muttered when he claimed that he personally helped her out of the tree, when she was pretty sure he shoved her out of it.

"About tim-whoa no way! A mini Cecily..er...Prodan? Anyways I'm so happy for you!" Niccy squealed and wrapped her friend in a tight hug, yet loose enough due to the fact that she didn't want to harm Cecily's baby in anyway.

Cecily hadn't been aware that Asparuh had made Kalif the new Head of their line. Then again, unless Prodan had told her, she wouldn't have known until now. She hugged Nicolette back, grateful she was being so sweet and most of all, supportive. "Thank you," she murmured, embarrassed as her eyes filled with tears. "Oh geez." Stepping back, she reached for the kerchief she had shoved through a belt loop. Dabbing at her eyes, she gave a watery laugh. "Sorry, the water works just pop out anytime nowadays."

Glancing up at Kalif, her lips quirked. "Your father could attest to that, I'm sure. He was very restrained, it made things easier after he told me. If it'd been Prodan, I'd have cried the house down. Faced with a weeping woman, I'm sure Asparuh wanted nothing more than to chuck me out a window." She said it jokingly but as her eyes met Kalif's, she knew they both knew it had probably been true. She stuffed the kerchief in her back pocket, it hung half out, bright yellow against the faded denim. "Congratulations Kalif," she added kindly. She was sure it was a great honour he'd received by becoming Head of the Zhefarovich line.

Alexander finally had the proof that he needed, all of it. After weeks of searching he managed to retrieve enough proof that not only was Nicolette a Death Eater, but a wanted criminal as well. He couldn't find her anywhere in Obsidian or Brightstone so he decided to pay her a visit to her house, if he had his way then she wouldn't be there long anyways. Apparating into the front yard he heard noises towards the back of the house and figured that they were back there, so without hesitation he gripped the folder he had brought with him and headed to the back yard and surely enough he spotted both Niccy and Cecily...and Kalif? What was he doing here? With a soft snort he cleared his throat loudly.

"Come here..." He said seriously as he took a finger and pointed it at Nicolette before he motioned for her to come over. His voice held no happiness or softness in it when he spoke to her, why would he when at this current moment he had more information on her than she probably knew existed. He was going to have fun breaking into her head....

Hearing that voice made Nicolette visibly tense up. She was pretty sure even Cecily and Kalif would notice her tense up. She turned her body so she could fully face Alexander an let her smile fade, he did not look happy at all. Chances were that he was about to do something that was really going to cause Nicolette some issues. Almost deciding that it was best to do as he said she took a step forward but immediately halted herself when she noticed the folder in his hand. "What is that?" She asked nervously and pointed at the folder, she didn't like the look in his eyes, they looked almost...scary to her.

"I probably would have too," said the Death Eater honestly. "I do consider it an honor, but now I have to handle a bunch of the family's issues, and give the Patriarch some peace." Kalif shrugged lightly, and he heard someone approaching. The footsteps sounded too womanly to be Prodan's. His black eyes narrowed at the mudblood that ran into himself and Asparuh the day he was 'promoted' in the family. "So much for a pleasant walk and evening," Kalif muttered under his breath, as he glared the mudblood down. After all, it was in his nature to hate such things like him. If things got ugly, well, Kalif could not kill the man. The Headmistress was right there after all. Sometimes I just want to blow my disguise away to get rid of the common maggots. But Kalif would not risk his own life for his. It was not worth it.

Cecily chortled, pressing fingers to her lips at Kalif's blunt honesty. "I'm sure as well," she laughed, knowing how most men were around a woman's tears. "I'm happy to hear that, Kalif. Your father looked like he bore the weight of the world when last I saw him." The man's manner, the look in his eyes, had shown more strain and stress than any she had ever seen. She felt for the Patriarch, which warred heavily with what she knew of his part in Prodan's past. It was not her place to pass judgement on Prodan's father for their past. For that's exactly what it was, theirs, not hers.

Turning her head, she spotted Alex walking up to them. Uh-oh. He didn't look too happy. She frowned, not liking his curt manner with Nicolette. Yet if there was something she had learned since meeting her friend, it was that she could more than handle herself. That was why the fear that came into those golden eyes worried her greatly. What could this man hold over her in that file he carried? She remained silent. It was something she was learning slowly, as she was one to react first and ask questions later. Added in were the hormones that really made her want to punch him below the belt. Unaware of it, her face had darkened into a scowl.

Alexander could immediately sense Nicolette's discomfort when she saw the folder. Perhaps she less of an idiot that he originally pegged her out to be. Obviously the other two with her were displeased with his presence, not like they could stop him from doing this though. Her grinned like a madman and and held the folder up so the three of them could see it easily before he opened it up. "Why Nicolette dearest, I believe this little folder is all about you...and who you really are." He said in a snarky tone, he was almost one hundred percent sure that this would get to her, maybe even cause her to feel some of the anger that he was feeling in her presence.

"I believe you are familar with a man named, James Monnette. He's been hunting you down for years, and I manage to retrieve this from him." Pulling out a stack of paper's he let the olfer fall to the ground. His look was taunting her, he knew that the one person she truly feared was him. And he found him. Everyone had a weakness, even her.

Nicolette's eyes filled up with panic and she suddenly felt like both Cecily and Kalif were nowhere near her. Like it was just her, and Alexander standing there. He had to be the worst possible human being in the world to do this to her, what had she ever done to him? Trying to hold back tears that she could feel wanted to form in her eyes she form her small hands into fists. "Y-you've talked to James?" Her voice cracked and her throat felt dry, it felt like everything was coming to an immediate halt and now she needed to say goodbye to the fun life she had been having.

"Why would you do that? I haven't done anything to you!" Nicolette bit out, trying to make her voice sound as harsh at possible. Which was hard when you were feeling like your inside were going to expload.

Kalif rolled his eyes and he stated rather harshly, "Alexander, you have done enough around here. We were having a rather pleasant time before you showed up. Is this what you honestly enjoy? Getting kicks from looking into peoples' history and shoving it back in their faces. Either you are one pathetic person for picking on a woman who dump you - literally - or you are confiscating for something. Alexander, I suggest you leave, before you wind up hurt, or almost killed like last time." His voice sank into a low hiss, as he said the last part. "However, I think I do know what you are lacking. Tell me if I am correct on one of these: Either you are embarrassed because you have muggle blood, or you are lacking your male pride, if you understand that bit. Then again, you might not have enough intelligence to lack for the common sense empty in that skull of yours. You really are lower than the dirt beneath our feet." Kalif was angry, and mainly it was because he was sick of this man just barging in on all the wrong moments. As mad as Kalif was, his appearance, voice and everything about him was just cold and collected, almost eerie that someone could say such things and not express a single bit of emotion.

So much for keeping silent. Cecily fumed, her hands clenched into fists at her sides and if looks could kill, only Alexander's smoking boots would be left. She felt the hot burn of anger, irrational and a bit scary, bite into her. As she opened her mouth to snarl at the idiot, the cold voice of her future brother in law broke through the red haze she floated in. Each word he flung at Alex calmed her more and more, until her hands relaxed and surprisingly her mouth quirked. It wasn't everyday she could witness the great Kalif Styx calling this piece of slime's manhood into account. If it weren't for the devastated Nicolette standing beside her, she would have burst into laughter. Perhaps even pointed and drawled out 'Buurrrn.'

She wanted to hug Kalif right then and there. Her green eyes narrowed in mirthful vengeance on Alex. Get 'im.

Alexander would've been more pleased if Kalif hadn't decide to jump in once again and make him look like an idiot. Gripping the paper tightly he tried to keep his blood cool, the man truly knew how get under people's skin without barely trying. With a deep sigh he turned his narrowed eyes from Kalif, to Cecily, then back to Nicolette. The girl truly look like she had just seen a ghost, and that was exactly the reaction he was looking for. "Try looking around, I am not the filth here..she is." Alexander snarled as he flipped a piece of paper and smiled. Fun starts here, these people clearly had no idea how much of a freak she really was, hell he hadn't even known until James had decided to share a bit of her history with him.

"Isn't that right miss Death Eater. Why don't you show everyone your left arm." Knowing full well that she wouldn't show anyone herself he walked over and grabbed her left arm tightly. Without warning he lifted her sleeve and felt his inside's turn when the dark mark that he hated so much appeared on her arm. Pulling it out forward he turned it a bit so both of them could see. "And also, how about this...oh um, you've killed out twelve muggles and muggleborns since you've run away from home." Alexander knew by now he had probably put enough out to last the girl a girl a lifetime of horrors, but he still wasn't completely done ruining it all for her. "And last but not least, it says have been reported as missing for twenty-four years now...I'm sure James was delighted to hear about your whereabouts." He smiled hatefully at Nicolette, it was almost hard to believe that such a pretty and cheery girl could be so screwed up in the head.

Nicolette froze and looked down at her arm when Alexander told her to show everyone the arm that had the mark on it. Of course she wasn't going to show them, but it seemed Alexander figured that because he marched over and grabbed her arm without giving her much time to react. When he lifted her sleeve and revealed her mark the tears started to fall, what would Cecily think of her best friend now? Someone who had hurt Cecily in the past was one of them, what if Cecily thought she was the same way? But he continued to spill the secrets one after another, her destroyed past was becoming like an open freak show for everyone to see.

"SHUT UP!" Nicolette managed through her tears, she yanked her arm free from his grasp and took a step back, Alexander would never understand the pain and suffering that she had gone through. "It's people like you that made me afraid to even look at another person as a child, you don't know anything!" She hissed and pulled her sleeve down. The tears were continuing to pour down and she felt like she was going to throw up, what could she say besides the fact that she screwed up? "Cecily..I....I'm so sorry." She sniffled and tried to make her voice clear as possible. "I...I didn't want to kill anyone. But I was so angry. I'm not proud of the things I've done or the lives I've destoryed...and I'm so sorry!" She brought her hands up to cover her face as she tried to hide her shame. For the first time in her life, she wished she had died right along with the others in her family, maybe if she had all this suffering would never have happened. Maybe all those people she killed would still be here.

Kalif secured his gloves on his hands, and he shook his head when Nicolette was revealed. That was it. If he had the nerve to reveal one Death Eater, he could reveal them all. Great, now I have to handle the situation, once again. I guess my role is already giving off its worst. Kalif turned to Cecily and he ordered coldly, "Cecily, go inside. I know you are going to get upset, and it won't be good for your baby. Prodan would hate to lose a child due to a moron." Kalif took out something, a weapon in the form of a claw and he placed it securely upon his left index finger. It was rare he would use this. He took out his wand, his cold expression darkened dramatically. Kalif easily reverted to the attitude of his Death Eater self. The cold radiated from him turned completely dark, evil. Kalif said, his tone somehow icier than before, "I have had enough of this. You completely ruined my mood." With extreme precision, Kalif aimed his wand and he hissed, "Sectumsempra!" The dark spell exploded with power from his wand, and it headed straight toward the mudblood. Let's see how his muddy blood looks when it is spilled onto the ground. The look in his eyes was malicious, so different than the cold, bottomless black abyss before. "Get a hold of yourself, Nicolette." Kalif glowered over to her for a moment, before he cast that same, malicious gaze onto Alexander.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back