Welcome Home, Sanitarium

Kalif just sighed silently when she started to drag him elsewhere. But what shocked him was how she remembered everything he said to her back in the past. He gave her an odd look. Kalif had to think for a moment and recalled everything he said. Back then, he would have never pictured himself here, standing before her, and being married to her. Kalif stared over her and he stated coldly, "You annoyed me then. Of course that is what I would say to you. It is to be expected. And I didn't like you back then, if you want the truth." He didn't really feel her poking him, due to layers of robes he wore. Kalif smirked slightly, gaining some amusement out of this. "I cannot believe you actually recall us being schoolmates. But I didn't kill Alexander. Hades took care of that. The wedding of Prodan and Cecily, that was Alexander's blood on his robes, if he didn't tell you already. And he didn't like you." Kalif shook his head. She probably knew that he had sent Hades after Alexander as well. Kalif stated harshly, "If I ignored you so much, then why did I bother letting you live? Why do I bother with you now? I don't tolerate many people, yet I allowed you to tackle me in my office without shoving you away. How is that completely ignoring of how much you care for me?" Kalif dared her to answer. Where in the world was she getting these things?

The last thing Kalif had said caused Nicolette to shut her mouth and actually stop to think about what he had said to her, it was beyond true and she knew it no matter how much she wanted to remind herself that she was not supposed to let his go so easily. "I don't knoooooow, I'm sorry! But I don't know why you would do any of that stuff, your pretty hard to read." She huffed and blew some of her bangs out of her face, perhaps she had been a little neglectful with noticing how much nicer her was to her than he seemed to be with everyone else. Her dark golden eyes lightened to their normal shade as she averted them the ground and she begun to balance herself onto her tip toes for a moment before she returned her heels to the ground and tried her absolute best to remain calm and not hug him again because she knew he seemed to be not so fond of the affection.

The fact that he was smirking at her threw her off completely and made her angrier all the same, not only did he look deviously handsome but it also meant he wasn't taking her seriously like she wanted to be taken. "Wipe that Godd*mn smirk off your face, Kalif Styx." Nicolette stomped her foot in the ground and crossed her arms over her chest and gave him a look that clearly said she didn't like that he was smirking at this. Nicolette hated when people smirked like that, especially him. "I'm not kidding." She grumbled under her breath and rolled her eyes, she hoped this argument would cease to end even if she had a fun time arguing with him, this was one she didn't really want to continue with due to her just being home and missing him so much.

“I don’t see how, Nicolette. You have known me most of your life, seen me as a teenager. You should know these things already.” The words were emotionless, and cold. Kalif’s smirk vanished, and his look resumed nothing more than irritation. “You are acting like a child, Nicolette. I have half a mind to send you to your bedroom. However, like a little brat, I doubt you would listen. However.” Kalif’s cold gaze fell to the floor, before they locked onto gold once more. “You know me. You should know everything there is by now. I don’t have to say it, but you can tell by actions alone. All it takes is a little thought in here.” His gloved finger tapped Nicolette’s forehead. Kalif decided to change the subject. “I think it would be best to get you out of those blood stained clothes. I don’t want Kailie seeing anything like that at her age.”

Kalif said that she should already know these things, and somehow Nicolette figured she most likely did know but that she was just finding it to be a hard time remembering it all. She watched his cold gaze fall to the floor before he glanced back up into her eyes, and she felt her breath hitch in the back of her throat for a moment. 'Wow I feel dumb..' Well it was obvious what he was thinking now, especially when he didn't have to say anything but she merely needed to tell by his actions. When Kalif's gloved finger tapped Nicolette's forehead she giggled softly and grabbed his hand to lower it down away from her face but still didn't release it. He said all it took was a little thought and she would probably get it, but she was pretty sure she always knew it somewhere in her seemingly dense brain. Even the day that they had first re-met in New Zealand, there had been something telling her that it wasn't over and it wouldn't be over as far as she could tell. "Fate is such a pain in the butt huh?" Nicolette winked quickly before she heard him mutter something about blood stained clothes and glanced down in confusion where sure enough there were splatters of blood located on various places on her clothing.

Turning blushed a little, she had nearly forgotten that she was still wearing clothing that was all covered in the blood of muggles. "Yeah I probably should, seeing as I was planning to tuck her in tonight." Nicolette shrugged, still having a hold of his gloved hand. Decided that she still wanted to be around someone, particularly him she turned and tugged on his hand a little. "Come on, I have something to show you." She said softly, and pulled him again with every intention to get him to follow her, he was probably tired of being pulled around which is why she was doing more of just urging him to follow than pulling.

Kalif glanced from his hand to hers. He made no motion to holding her hand, but let her do as she willed. He had to trust his wife even just a little bit. “I suppose it is.” Fate had an interesting way of showing its face. If it weren’t for her leaving in her fifth year, Kalif would have not asked Namina to be his girlfriend at the time. Circumstances changed though. Fate had been cruel to Kalif during the past, but also pleasant to him in the present. Kalif rolled his eyes and he took his hand back from Nicolette. “Fine, I come see whatever you have to show me.” Kalif shook his head, and he started to follow wherever the woman was planning on going.

Nicolette allowed a small giggle to escape her when Kalif took his hands away from her grasp and continued to follow her, some things never changed and she was glad that her husband still remained the same as he was the day she met him. Nicolette would never ask him to change himself, she liked him too much for what he was and it would just be no fun if he was different just like she hoped people didn't want her to change because she wasn't going to know matter how much they wanted her to. "Oh trust me, you'll like it." She almost snickered but instead rolled her eyes, actually it wasn't anything big but she wanted to make it seem that way so he would be curious about it. She really just wanted to spend time with him before things got way to back to normal and she was suddenly taking care of the kids and he was back at work away from her. As Kalif followed her into the room she remember that she better enjoy the time she had off as well, sooner or later everyone was going to realize she was back and she'd soon be surrounded by people...wondering where the hell she had gone.

Oh the Joys of being back home...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back