Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
The Weekly Update

Wow. This week has been maddening for me on HNZ - but exciting! :D I'll try to remember all the important stuff for you guys here. ^_^ If I forget something... don't stone me. Thanks.

Emoticon Story Voting

The Emoticon Story Competition will be closing this coming week (likely on Tuesday) - so if you haven't entered in your vote be sure to while you still can! :D (Link to the Poll)
Need [Moral/Emotional] Support?

As was spoilt by Linda ( :glare: ) in a reply to our previous weekly update - MESSI opened up a new topic in the Absence Forum which is just a place for you to post about anything you'd like other people to know and be able to support you on (whether that be through prayer or simply in a caring message).
Be sure to utilize the thread, as I see many already have been. :) The thread may be archived semi-regularly to keep it neat(ish) and a new one posted.
Twitter
Another reminded to all you twitter folk out there: Follow HNZ on Twitter!
Also feel free to read over this previous announcement which mentions such things as using the hashtag #HNZ to tweet about HNZ. :)

Quidditch: The Quidditch Cup

Ravenclaw won Y7's Quidditch Cup in a very lucky victory against Hufflepuff. *begrudged muttering* I know, I know they cheated. Let them revel in their glory, we all know it wasn't a legitimate win and if they're alright with that, we should be too. -nods-
Wrapping Up Y7

Much of this was already addressed in the "End of School Year/Beginning of New Year" announcement, however going over it and elaborating can't hurt any. :)

Graduation
[ul][li]Graduation opened this past Tuesday and closed yesterday (Saturday).</LI>
[li]The Graduation Ceremony itself can be read here, the spectators all posted here and some "After the Ceremony" frivolities were roleplayed here. There is a dance for all Graduates still opened here as sort of the Seventh Years' last time together.</LI>
[li]Graduates are reminded to do NEWTs! They affect your character![/li][/ul]Exams
[ul][li]Exams are set to occur this Monday through Wednesday (though I know many classes already have exams up)</LI>
[li]Both OWLs and NEWTs will be written this year! No special forum will be created for either exam type, they'll be posted in classrooms like regular exams. Remember: OWLs and NEWTs are all written now, for semester one and semester two classes!
[li]As these are exams for Y7 you should be doing exams for your character's year in Y7 (so recently sorted students are not to be doing exams etc. )
[li]Unless you have spoken to a Professor: Once exams are closed - exams are closed.[/li][/ul]Group Promotions
[ul][li]In an effort to allow other things to occur quickly, all user groups were promoted to their 'next year' as of Saturday.
[li]The Seventh Years of Y7 are now in an "HNZ Graduate" usergroup until the end of exams, then they will be moved to their respective other forum groups.
[li]Head Boy & Head Girl[ul][li]After deliberating for a fair while Cecily and I decided the following:[ul]<LI>[li]Head Boy - Alex Cullen
[li]Head Girl - Kiera Kingsley[/li][/ul][/li][/ul]
[li]Prefects[ul][li]Heads of Houses decided the following members to become house prefects for Y8:[ul][li]Slytherin: Andrew Bruke and Caina Dante
[li]Gryffindor: Ellie Sparks and Hilary Grace
[li]Ravenclaw: Ginny Porter and Brian Getathorn XIX
[li]Hufflepuff: Katheryn Kingsley and Nina Patrokov[/li][/ul][/li][/ul]
[/li][/ul]
End of the Year Feast
The End of the Year Feast for Y7 will occur on this coming Thursday - at that point the House Cup will officially be awarded to the house with the most house points. Right now it looks like a Slytherin win - but we all know Gryffindor has another 1000 points coming for it as per Cecily. :r (Well, Dumbledore always made sure Gryffindor won. Why can't we? :( )

Holiday Forums Opening
Holiday forums will be opening to the view of all Hogwarts Students very soon (within the next three days, I figure). So start looking out for those forums now! :D
Revving Up for Y8

Y7 isn't even finished and we're getting ready for Y8! HNZ knows no end to excitement. :p

Professor King's return to HNZ
Yes, that's right. Professor King has returned to HNZ at the request of Cecily. You can read through the RP of Cecily's request here and Professor King's first RP back in the school is also the first post of the sorting ceremony. :)

Sorting
[ul][li]As most of you know, Sorting opened today (about 22 hours ago now) and I have already sorted over sixty students!
[li]Sorting is open in this forum with very clear instructions on how to get your character sorted! Follow the instructions and you'll be good as gold!
[li]A Reminder For Newly Sorted Students[ul]<LI>[li]Y7 is not yet over! Therefore your character is not yet in Hogwarts! Do Not RP within the Hogwarts Grounds until exams/Y7 is finished (there will be another announcement when you have the all-clear). Also do not enter threads which are set in Y7 (before your character was sorted).
Thank you.[/li][/ul]
[li]An excel file of sorting thus far has been attached to this post
[li]Was your character recently sorted? Share your thoughts on the house they were placed in in this thread
<LI>[li]Feel free to reply to this topic with your praises of the new sorting system. ;) [/li][/ul]

Transferring?
With sorting opened up the opportunity to have a character transfer to HNZ as a non-first year. How to transfer is also explained very clearly in this forum. :)

Please Note: As transferring requires an application it is not guaranteed. Requests to transfer are not processed as quickly as sorting forms. You will receive a PM from the Sorting Hat telling you if your application was accepted or rejected, so you needn't worry about not getting a reply and then just not knowing.

That's about all I can think of for this past week, I'm sure there was more, but the major things have been mentioned here.

I know MESSI has a tonne of things in their minds for the community aspect of HNZ, and the fun of sorting has only just begun! So keep looking out for future updates! :D

Hoping this update meets you all well,

~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

Post-Script: Know I forgot something? Have a question about the update? A comment? A concern? Just post a reply here! We don't bite, I swear! :D (Alright, Linda does. Livvy and I do not)

Nicolas King said:
Ravenclaw won Y7's Quidditch Cup in a very lucky victory against Hufflepuff. *begrudged muttering* I know, I know they cheated. Let them revel in their glory, we all know it wasn't a legitimate win and if they're alright with that, we should be too. -nods-
<_<

DarkSavior said:
man whoever made that sorting code is awesome!
:lol: Agreed. ;)

Aww, Linda. :hug: Don't feel bad. :p Teh jokez!

A lot of new students. Eep. There seems to be more every year..
Come on, start placing bets on which firsty will crack first.
:lol: I just pity the Professors.. So much work to mark..
*hangs head in sorrow* *Raises head, laughs at Professors* Sucks to be you! *runs off*

Slytherin deserve to win. It was Manteia's final wish as HoH.
If Gryffindor win then I'll eat all the Gryffy first year :p :arr:

:pop: Its no so bad Beth... well then again I teach an elective =))

Darn. Mike's given away why I swapped subjects... >.>

Dunno who's teaching it now, buuuuut since Nick is returning to the school will he also be returning to his role as DADA Professor? Miss his epic classes :p I only got to have a couple because he was gone/sick most of Autumn's second semester of her first year xD

No, I will be forcing neither Professor Lola Rowann nor Professor Ciaphas Larraman from their positions.
Just like Kingy will not be Gryffindor HoH. ;)

Ah, alright
;)
I had Potions with Rowann. So I should be alright. Dunno the other lady whoops, guy =o
xD
Okie-dokie all I was wondering about. xD

why is gryffindor gettin a 1000points??
Manteia's talk on start of year saying the most powerful number seven year is for us, slytherins did it!! :D

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Admin Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back