OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
This week was a little bit more exciting/crazier than last so hopefully you'll find this update both helpful and awesome. ^_^

Sorting Closed:
Sorting closed this past Friday with the official count of students sorted at about 139, along with about 7 transfers and a handful of unsorted students who submitted forms but never posted in the ceremony. :( An official excel document for sorting is attached to this post.
I'd say it was a fairly successful ordeal and we definitely got a fair deal of fresh blood into the site through it. :)
The next Sorting Ceremony is slated for September the 11[sup]th[/sup], 2009 - just after Y7 ends. :)
Site Calendar Updated:
HNZ's site calendar has been updated through to Y8 (late Semptember). So if you want to know when things are during Y7 - it's now all up there! :D
MESSI is Recruiting:
MESSI (The Most Extraordinary Society for Social Interaction) is looking for some fresh blood and new ideas. Think that you can fill that call? If you do, you're invited to apply for MESSI. (Read On...)
Character of the Fortnight:
Congratulations to Maisie Hampton for having been chosen as this fortnight's spotlighted character!
Her biography can be found here and her character development thread here. :) (Read On...)
Off Topic Board:
A while ago post count was disabled in the Off-Topic Board because of some members spamming to gain post count. It was decided, that after a handful of warnings, it was best to disable post count from the area for a time.
Post count has been re-enabled for the forum, but any member that is caught spamming for an increased post count will have their own personal post count disabled. (Which would kind of suck, might I add)
Summer Raffle:
It's summer in the Northern Hemisphere and as such we've decided to hold a raffle with some awesome prizes. Interested in entering? If you are check out the thread here. :) Have fun, and best of luck to all!
Graphics Competition #14: Voting
HNZ's fourteenth Graphics Competition began this past week and voting has started! Click here to vote for which avatar you think is the best and help award this competition's crown! :D
Community Poll:
The community poll has closed and I would like to thank everybody who took the time to vote/comment in the poll topic.
We've learned several things from the poll, so I'll just name off a few rather quickly[ul][li]Over 70% of active members like all the changes they've seen in HNZ's community in the past six months. Over 20% like the majority of them. That tells us we're heading in the right direction, but as always we can still improve. :)</LI>
[li]That the community doesn't feel its suggestions are heard as often as they should be, and that perhaps more time should be spent explaining why suggestions might not be as plausible as they seem would be valuable. (To display that suggestions are heard and that there are valid reasons to why they're held off/postponed/rejected)
[li]That the community would like to see more raffles ( :r: )
[li]That Weekly Updates are awesome - and should remain weekly. ;)
[li]That you guys still think HNZ is awesome ;) [/li][/ul]
Based on the participation in the community poll the Admin team will be considering posting a poll about general site policy etc. and may be consulting Elite Members during its consideration/creation.
Blogs: Enabled
Blogs have been enabled on HNZ. If you wish to create your blog click on this link and set it up. :) All Board Rules still apply in Blogs, so keep it all appropriate.
Blogs are being opened up on a trial basis. If they don't work out and are abused then they will be shut off just as quickly as they were turned on.
My blog can be found here if you're interested in taking a look. ;)
IF/ZB Support Staff:
I've known about this for over a week, but it only became official this past Friday. I am now a member of the InvisionFree/ZetaBoards Support Team. :) This is pretty awesomely big news for me, but it does mean that I may be on HNZ a little less. I am by no means leaving, but once in a while I may log in there instead of here right away. ;) Just a heads up for you. :)
(IF/ZB Announcement Link)

That's all I've got for you for this week, but as you can see lots of things are being done on HNZ and we're working on making it better all the time.
In the coming week see:
[ul][li]The conclusion of the Graphics Competition
[li]More Blog Entries (and more blogs appearing)
[li]Some more awesome role plays (I've read about a few this week - pretty sweet stuff :-0 )
[li]The Halloween Dance
[li]More Crazy Antics
<LI>[li]Cecily revealing the picture of herself where her face actually goes like this: :liv:
[/li][/ul]

Aren't you excited?! :D
I know I am! :)

If you have any questions/comments/concerns about this update you are always invited to post in a reply to this topic. :)

Until next update,

~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Admin Team)

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Admin Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back