Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
This Week on HNZ...

ZetaBoards Upgrade -> New Features/Bug fixes!
ZetaBoards was upgraded this past week and you have probably already noticed at least some of the changes that it has caused around the board. Here are the highlights of the upgrade for you:[ul][li]Forum Jump Menu</LI>
[li]Member Title Bug Fixed (All members should now be able to edit their own member title. ;) )</LI>
[li]A bug in the Site Portal (Causing news topics to display wrong) has been fixed. :)
[li]Various other new features and bug fixes which will likely make little sense to you but will help Cecily and myself run the board much more efficiently and with greater ease. [/li][/ul]
April Fools Day!
On April the first we posted about a 'prank' being pulled on HNZ that was to be turned into a contest. Throughout the day the banner was modified little by little and members sent in answers as to how they thought the site banner had been altered. (Click to see the board with the altered banner)
At the end of the day, it was Patricia Rogers who had noticed most all of the differences and was rewarded. (Click to read more...)
Then, later in the day, Admin changed their usernames and usergroups to suit the day. (Click to see screenshot)
Congratulations to those who won the April Fool's contest and thank you to both the entrants into the competition and those who put up with our frivolities. :D
Major All Around the Wizarding World Update:
As many of you will have noticed, but some of you may not have been able to, a group of subforums have been added to All Around the Wizarding World. More may be added in time to make that area of the board more active (such as some sort of forest in the New Zealand forum or Diagon Alley in the UK forum?) however we feel the current update is sufficient.
What are the new forums? Well, mostly they're by continent with more commonly RPed in countries gaining their own forum. Here's the layout:
[ul][li]All Around the Wizarding World
[ul][li]Africa
[li]Asia
[li]Europe
[ul]<LI>[li]The United Kingdom[/li][/ul]
[li]Oceania
[ul][li]New Zealand[/li][/ul]
[li]The Americas[/li][/ul][/li][/ul]
With this revamp of that forum we felt it unnecessary to maintain a separate "Home for the Holidays" forum. As such that forum was deleted and all its topics were emptied into the main All Around the Wizarding World forum
This brings me to our next dilemma. With the new subforums we would like all RPs not in their proper forum to be put into it. As such we're requesting your help. Another account has been created to moderate the All Around the Wizarding World forum and has been given the ability to move the topics from there into one of the seven new subforums. We would request that any members interested in helping to sort these RPs is invited to contact me for more information. We're looking for about five to ten volunteers.
HNZ Avatar Gallery:
A gallery of HNZ related avatars have been added to the board, most of which were taken from the default avatar graphics competition. :)
If you have an avatar which you would like to be added to the gallery, feel free to contact me and we'll discuss it. ;)
(Click to view the gallery)
Some Major Permissions Reworking:
In the past few days I have reworked many, many permission masks and have given prefects their own Joinable Group to allow for greater flexibility in changing permission masks, and making it easier for Admin to open forums seasonally. :)
MESSI:
MESSI is now entirely full (with the ten members we decided it would start with). As members of MESSI leave the group, or the site, or as the site grows we will look into more applicants being accepted. All applications have been tagged and saved in my inbox so if we need to find somebody in a pinch any applicants who received no reply from me will still be kept in mind. :)
Quick Site Coding Update:
The former "Administration and Moderation List" now only lists Administrators, as forum moderators are listed below the forum which they moderate and forum moderation is based mostly off the character, not the role player. :)
Character Spotlight:
I would like to congratulation Andromeda Fiorelli for having been chosen as this fortnight's spotlighted character!
Her biography can be found here, her relationships thread here and her character development here. (Read More....)

Apparition Lessons...
Apparition Lessons have been started in the Great Hall for all sixth years. Click here to see the first lesson! :D
Njord...
Njord Aesir's memorial was opened this past week in the Great Hall (click). It is currently featuring a surprise guest appearance from... Njord Aesir?! :-0

That about sums it up for this past week, but keep looking for more updates and fun!
Here's a quick summary of what you can expect coming up:
[ul][li]More OOC competitions
[li]More forum openings and revamps
[li]More Apparition lessons
[li]A Brightstone weekend
<LI>[li]Another weekly update. :-0 [/li][/ul]

Hoping this meets you well,

~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Admin Team)

As always, should you have any questions or concerns about this update feel free to post in this thread and we'll try our best to reply to you.

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Admin Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back