OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Alright, I know, I'm late again. But I have good reason!
A little bit more happened this week on HNZ than last, so here are your updates!

Site Coding:
Really quickly I'd just like to mention that three new BBCode buttons were added to the addreply screen on HNZ (Indent, Spoiler and Divider) to allow for easier formatting of posts. :)
Netiquette Update:
A new point was added to the HNZ Netiquette guide this evening. It simply asks for members to stick with English in their posts out of consideration for other members. :)
BotB Prize:
HNZ received it's prize from the ZB BotB this week!
We received two free months of ZetaBoards Premium, about a $20 value. :D We'll get to enjoy some amazing features for a longer period of time, now. :D
I'd also like to thank Ella Greene who responded to last weeks request for help and completed a TrialPay offer for another month of ZB Premium for us! <:p
General Discussions:
If you've gone to the Off-Topic board lately you may have noticed "Spam" is gone and "General Discussions" has appeared.
I had noticed some trends in "spam" that just weren't pleasing for anybody so I shut it down and opened the new topic with a new tone to it and a new goal.
Here is a portion of my first post in the topic, which may give you more of an idea about it:
Here it is, your General Discussions topic. Many of you may know it as 'spam', but that's far from what this will be. 'Spamming' in the true sense of the word won't be accepted in this thread and like anywhere else on the board may be reported.
This topic's purpose is to talk to other members about life, the universe and [nearly] everything (subject to board rules).
I've been noticing many trends in these topics that I'm not liking one bit. If these trends continue "General Discussion" topics of any kind will be removed from HNZ -- in all forums [Elite members, Sorority, Brotherhood, everywhere] until I get the sense that people are ready to try things again.
What are these trends? I don't feel I should go into detail, but so long as you follow the Board Rules and have decent Netiquette you'll be fine.
It will only take one member to ruin this for everybody, so it's on your shoulders now.
List of things that will not be tolerated:
[ul][li]"Spamming" (in the true sense of the word)</LI>
[li]Offensive language of any sort
[li]Insulting other members
[li]Complaining about other members/talking about them behind their backs
[li]Dragging out inter-member/personal issues
<LI>[li]Counting pages
-Pages come and go quite quickly and it's ridiculous to post about a certain page number.[/li][/ul]
This is a public topic. Keep it presentable. If you see anybody breaking my expectations -- report it.
So here you are, your general discussions topic which I'm ready and willing to remove at any time. Prove to me that it won't be necessary.

MESSI
MESSI: The Most Extraordinary Society for Social Interaction is the newest addition to HNZ. It's an out of character group focused on growing the community portion of our site.
Read more about MESSI in my post about it here.

Lessons:
Lessons and make-up work should be closed by now and exams should be being posted.
Fifth year exams are OWL exams and will all be posted at the end of the "year".
Exams should be 'closed' and points posted the evening of Wednesday the 4th of March or the morning of Thursday the 5th.
Final grades can be posted by Professors whenever they are available. :)

That's it for now! Thanks for reading through these updates! If you have any questions or concerns about this update feel free to reply here.

Until next time,

~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Admin Team)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back