Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Killian <3
Wand
Curved 11 Inch Rigid Ivy Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Amethyst hadn't quite been feeling herself. The normally overly chipper, quick witted woman was feeling dragged down, almost like she was coming down with something. Then came the nausea. Every morning when she tried to eat she felt so overly nauseated that it made it hard for her to eat. But she wasn't losing weight? No in fact she'd gained a couple pounds in the last three months. That was when she spoke to her coworker who urged her to take a test. A pregnancy test. And she did. She didn't want to, because she almost felt like she knew the answer. Once she had her answer she made her way nervously to her boyfriend's office. He was her boyfriend, not even a fiancé yet - how had they been so irresponsible? She knocked on the doorframe when she entered. "Hey, lessons going okay?" She asked, stalling.

Killian Borisyuk was grading some of the essays and ran across Aine Thompson's. He sat down to read this one because of her wording. He even chuckled under his breath because honestly, he did not know much about houses. He probably should since he was teaching them. After grading it, he heard a knock on his office door. His green eyes looked down the desk to see his girlfriend walking in. And she immediately asked about his lessons. Odd question, but he didn't think anything was up. "Yeah, just fine. I finished grading the essays over Gryffindor and Hufflepuff." He wouldn't say who it was that made him chuckle, since Amethyst might not know, and it could be breaking some sort of confidentiality law that professors and students might have. "Did we have a date or something? I don't have it written down anywhere."

Amethyst nodded but barely listened. She couldn't stop wondering how she was supposed to bring this up. She sighed and reached out for him to take her hand. "I need to talk to you." She said, her voice a little quiet. She didn't want to alarm him but this was serious. She waved her wand to shut the door and lock it before turning back to him. "I didn't think I'd say something like this..." She said giving a nervous chuckle, dragging it out. It was clear by her body language that she was tense.

Killian raised an eyebrow at her behavior. Something was wrong. He got up from behind the desk to kneel down in front of her, so that she could at least grab part of his hand. She wanted to talk, and then said something that made him bite the inside of his cheek. His mind automatically assumed the worst. She was ending their relationship. Or she cheated. Both seemed like there was someone poly-juiced in front of him as his girlfriend. "Amethyst, if you don't just say what's up, my mind will jump to conclusions." Killian didn't like having to say it like that, but at least he was honest. "What's going on?" Killian wondered if Kaelan talked to her again, but she didn't seem... No. There was something else.

He was right. Amethyst took in a shaking breath. "Killian, I'm pregnant." There was so much uncertainty to come and Amethyst knew that. She hadn't really thought about the consequences of this happening, would she be able to carry a baby that's a quarter giant? She was sure there was recorded happenings of this but she was still scared. Even more so they hadn't particularly discussed having kids. So this felt too soon. Maybe things happened for a reason but Amethyst sure didn't understand it right now.

Air could have been sliced by a knife when he heard those three words. They never discussed kids. Could she even carry his kid? Sure, magic has come a long way and he was sure she was not going to be in any danger, but that didn't stop him from worrying - no, he was panicking. He stared at her for a good solid minute, before his eyes drifted down to her stomach. She wouldn't have behaved like this if she wasn't sure. Killian finally stood up, but quickly gripped his desk because he felt faint by this news. "I... uh... Sh*t." Killian could not get the words out. He didn't think he could really stand up, so he sat down and leaned against his desk. "We never discussed kids." Killian wasn't exactly thrilled. He didn't have a father figure to teach him anything. He had no idea what to do.

Amethyst waited for the reaction, already sure it wasn't going to be a good one. But he didn't pass out, and he didn't run out of the room away from her. So those were good starts. As he points out the obvious she nods. "I know. I mean I think we've both said before we weren't ready but... not what to do if this happened." She let out a small breath and let go of his hand, she wrapped her arms around herself in a way to seek comfort. "What are we going to do?" She asked. They could always give the kid up for adoption, but she didn't want to say that out loud.

Killian wished that they had talked about this before. At least then, they would have a basis or a plan. She wrapped her arms around herself, which only made him feel worse. He leaned forward to wrap her in his arms so that she could relax against him versus standing up. "We can hope the kid doesn't come out with pink hair." Killian shrugged his shoulders, making a poor joke out of it. But, did she even want to keep the kid? She might want to get rid of it, one way or another. That didn't sit well with him either. "What do you want to do? Honestly, I never thought about a family. But if I had to, I rather you be there than not." Killian needed books, if Amethyst decided to go through with this.

Amethyst didn't look up at Killian for several moments, not until he wrapped her in his arms. She looked briefly, then buried her face into him, leaning on him fully. Not like she made much of a difference weight wise for him. She laughed dryly at his comment about pink hair. "Yeah especially since I'm a natural brunette." She joked back. She nuzzled into him a little more. "I know that with you supporting me I can do this. I'm just scared." She admitted. "What if I'm not a good mum?"

Was not sure why he kept forgetting that she was a natural brunette. Killian adjusted himself so that he was comfortably holding her and keeping himself upright. Honestly, this was bound to happen and he could only think of one time they were careless. She admitted that she was scared. Yeah, he was too but he was doing his damned best not to show it. "I would probably ask for advice from some of the other staff here because you know, I didn't have a mother growing up. You being around is kind of a step up from that." Killian did but he had blocked out those memories for some reason. "Kaelan might not work in that area, but he's a healer. I'll force his hand if I have to."

Amethyst nodded as Killian spoke. "I had a mom don't worry, I know exactly what not to do." She joked. Her mom actually wasn't too bad. Amethyst was spoiled growing up because of her parents work. She only hoped that on a healer's salary she could pamper her future child as much. "Imagine that, you going to Kaelan for help with your baby. What a weird world." She teased. "We're gonna be okay." She said, trying to soothe herself and reassure Killian. "My coworker has had plenty of kids though, so I'm sure I can ask her for advice."

Killian raised his eyebrow at her joke, since it was not like he met her parents. Great, he never met her parents and now they might want to know more of their future grandchild. He didn't have to worry about that with his parents. Being an orphan did have perks. "He has to be useful for something, doesn't he?" Amethyst said that they would be okay, which he wondered if she was saying that to convince herself, or him, or both. Likely both, since his mind just would not stop racing. "I definitely would. I don't know if any of my coworkers are parents. I don't exactly ask questions." Killian never wanted to have a 'personal' relationship with anyone, except a select few. "Boy or girl. Which do you want?"

Amethyst couldn't help but chuckle at his remark about his brother. Though the two had recently made up she would have been surprised if Killian hadn't made some quip about him. It only figured Killian wouldn't know about his coworkers lives. He was such a reserved person it was incredible how she even landed him in the first place. At his question she looked up thoughtfully. "I hadn't given it too much consideration. i think a boy would be easier than a mini me." She remarked. "As long as they're healthy and don't kill me with this whole pregnancy thing then I suppose I don't mind which. Do you have a preference?"

Killian was a little surprised to hear that she wanted a boy over a girl, since a mini her would be more difficult. She really didn't know how part-giant boys would be. But as long as the kid was healthy. So, seemed like she wouldn't be disappointed with either sex. "I would prefer a girl because having a daughter that takes after you would be worth it." He paused as he leaned back against the desk further and looked up at the ceiling. "It is just when I was a kid, my brothers and I were a bit rough and rowdy. Things often got destroyed. But there were three of us. I don't know how one will be." Killian really needed a drink after this. And Amethyst couldn't drink with him now. This was making him go on edge.

Amethyst was shocked. He wanted a daughter? His reasoning was sweet though. She even blushed at his nice words. "You know, you rarely say romantic things to me, is this because you got me pregnant?" She teased. He talked about his childhood and she nodded. "Well the good news is these will only be 1/4 giants so a little smaller than you. But still larger, meaning you won't have to worry about hurting the baby." She tried to reassure any thoughts he might have had. "I love you Killy, there's no one I'd rather do this with."

Killian gave her a look when she called him out for being romantic only because he got her pregnant. Maybe that was the reason, but he rolled his eyes at the sheer truth of it. And she was right, the baby was only going to be a quarter giant so it won't be nearly as big as he was. Well, he wasn't sure. She seemed so assured about the entire thing. "I guess, Amethyst," Killian was not as reassured. But over time, he might be. "Love you too. And there better not be," he patted her legs since he was not about to do so with her stomach. The news had not set in yet. "After the end of the year, I'll get the house set up for our new arrival."

Amethyst was glad he was also being calm about this. had Killian panicked she probably would have had a full meltdown over being pregnant. But they communicated and that made things better. He mentioned getting the house set up and she smiled at the thought. It was going to be different, but she would get to decorate a babies room, and buy little clothes. It was kind of exciting for her now that she knew the love of her life was supporting her. "Guess this means my parents are going to want to come around and meet you." She said laughing, they'd been trying for a while now.

Killian did not even think of her parents, and the moment that she laughed about the subject made him look down at her. His face paled at the thought, but he rubbed his forehead. No, he couldn't let anything get in the way of his alleged happy event. They were having a kid, for Merlin's sake. And it was their first - maybe even only. "Can we wait until after the kid is born, maybe graduated from school, before we consider letting your parents meet me?" Killian did delay that as much as humanly possible, since he was happy with never meeting them. Maybe let them come to their 25th wedding anniversary. Yeah, that seemed like a good time to bring them down.

Amethyst could practically see Killian's face pale and she couldn't help but chuckle at what he had to say. "You have no reason to be nervous. My parents may have strong opinions but they're going to like you regardless because you treat me right. Other than the whole knocking me up before we're married thing, my mother will have a lot to say about that." She said taking his large hand in hers. "So why don't we grab a snack together and start talking about how we want to do this whole baby thing. I'm thinking I want as manypain killers as humanly possible when time comes." She joked.

Killian did not trust that. He never met parents before. Did he have to change? Did he have to dress up? Explain why they were having a kid now and weren't married? They were living together and seeing each other for years now, so that counted for something. "This would be a lot easier if you were an orphan like me." Killian shrugged, but she wanted to grab a snack. Right, she was eating for two. He moved so that she could get up, and him as well. He stretched as sitting on the floor made him stiff. "Yeah, plenty of magical assistance will be necessary." Honestly, because the baby would have part-giant genes, no doubt it would need to be cut out. Then again, he had no idea how it worked. He never once thought about it. He was still in shock, but it had not really set in that they would be parents.

Amethyst rolled her eyes at Killian's remark. "I may be a completely different person if not for my parents, and you may never have fallen head over heels in love with me." She teased him, holding out her hand for him to take as they walked to get a snack. Some of the anxiety she had been feeling was gone now, and she was happy that he seemed to be taking the news well. This was a big step for the two of them and while she wasn't sure how this was going to go or what she was going to do for nine months while she had to refrain from some of her normal activities, she knew she could do it with Killian by her side

end

Users who are viewing this thread

Back