We Miss Niccy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patricia smiled smugly as her father agreed with her, of course Theodore had no right nosing about in other people's business, and really it wouldn't take a lot for people to trust her over Theodore anyway. As Kalif continued talking Patricia was about to retaliate against her father, she hadn't mentioned the letters to Theodore or anyone for that matter - she didn't even know how he knew about them. Although she decided it was best not to anger him any more and just sat back in her chair waiting to see if he was going to lay off them soon and let them go.

Letting out a sigh Patricia bit her tongue on giving her father some more, not so much cheek, but rather pointing out the facts. He had no idea how his words hit so close to the situation at the minute, but figured it better to not send of alarm bells with him. As she was about to just agree with what he said, apologise and ask if they could leave Patricia stopped mid-word as Alyssa began talking. Patricia couldn't help but stare at her blonde haired friend as the words just poured out of her mouth. "Oh for crying out loud." Patricia moaned under her breath as she buried her head in her hands, not wanting to hear her fathers reaction to who the three were talking about.

Theodore groaned and rolled his eyes at his sister's stupidity and comment about who the letters were from, Professor Styx said he didn't care though so possibly they would get off easy and he just wouldn't care at all. "Nice one, Alyssa." Theodore said under his breath knowing fully well that Nicolette would not be happy if she had heard that they were going around telling people that she was gone and writing letters to certain people and not writing some to others. His emerald green eyes shifted to Professor Styx as he waited for the man to just kick them out or not say anything, he expected it or actually was praying for it because he didn't want to get yelled at.

"Niccy... As in Nicolette? Is this what you all are fighting about?" Kalif raised an eyebrow, but his anger did not even lessen. Why in the world were they angry over something as little and sad as that? Kalif shook his head and he sat down in his chair. Of course, it had to be her. Even when she was in Russia, she still managed to bug the hell out of him, but using these kids as means to do it. The source of his problems...Nicolette. "She still has that annoying gift of hers," mutter Kalif in Bulgarian. He turned his attention to the three, and he growled, "I want you all to just forget about the letter issue. In fact, if you want to fight about her, do it outside of this classroom. For the love of Merlin, why in the world are you three even involved with her? Or even care? She is around my age, and can take care of herself. Don't worry over a lost cause."

Theodore started to snicker quietly when Professor Styx seemingly figured out was this was all about suddenly, and just as Theodore had predicted it didn't seem like the man really cared that she was missing or being written to all that much and that somehow struck hilarity in him. "Yes as in Nicolette." He rolled his eyes and shifted a little so he could cross his arms over his chest and stare at the angry Professor boredly, he knew this would happen and was tempted to ask when the divorce was just to be a jerk and rub it in everyone's face further that he was right about this whole thing. His eyes shifted to Patricia and Alyssa wondering if they were just as awkward about this as he was, after all he was pretty sure that the man Nicolette liked not caring about her would probably tear her heart up...no wonder she didn't want to come back.

Theodore listened to Professor Styx mutter something most likely rude in a language he did't really understand all to well, it wasn't French or English which were the only two Languages he could really speak or make sense of. "Because unlike you, we actually care for Nicolette and we want her to come back home." He coughed and gave the man a look that clearly meant that he meant what he had said, he would never care for Niccy in the sense that he care for Aleyha but she did remind him of the mother he never had and now she was gone. Plus she was supposed to help him with his goal, without her he would never be able to take down his father or the family elders because they would kill him before her ever got that far by himself. "I'm not going to forget it, it's unfair that Patricia is getting letters from her but she plainly ignores everyone else who's worried about her." He shifted and was tempted to get up and leave the office at this point because he was getting so frustrated with himself and the fact that he wasn't getting his way. Nicolette never should have married this man, thats one thing Theodore thought for sure.

Alyssa was far beyond highly confused now on what was going on and why Theodore was saying the things he was to Professor Styx, did the creepy Herbology teacher happen to know Nicolette in some way because it sure sounded like he knew her somehow. "Does he even know who she is?" Her name was well known from what little Alyssa knew as well, but if he actually had met her or something she would be quite surprised because he seemed like one of the last people Nicolette would ever talk to or associate with. Alyssa adjusted her uniform and allowed her gorgeous blue eyes narrow slightly, why did he sound so mean when he spoke about them caring about her like they did.

"Well I care because she's been around since I was a baby, and my father is getting angry that she's gone. I don't see how it concerns you though." Alyssa shrugged her thin shoulders and lifted her hand to push some of her silky hair out of her face, she didn't mean to sound rude like her brother did so she could only hope that he didn't take what she said offensively. Her eyes shifted to Patricia once more, she also wondered how the Hufflepuff knew anything about her either, perhaps Nicolette was far too popular for her own good.

Patricia kept her head buried in her hands so she could roll her eyes at her fathers word as he father finally added two and two together, and not get in trouble for doing so. She knew he father wasn't the nicest of men but it surprised even her how cold he could be about the woman that is his wife. Sure Niccy had explained that he had his reasons but to experience first hand was a completely different thing. Continuing with how this whole thing had gone so far Patricia let Theodore and Alyssa say what they were going to say first, better that than having the three trying to talk over each other, getting them into even more trouble.

"For once I have to agree with Theodore!" she said, surprised by the very words. "We do care about her and want her home. The fact you don't care even just a small bit disgusts me!" she said, almost spitting her words. Patricia decided to let the part about how Niccy wasn't sending letters to other people, it was simply something she couldn't answer and wasn't going to fight about it with Theodore, that was his problem to take up with Niccy should he ever see her again. Patricia was surprised that Alyssa didn't know how this situation didn't involve Kalif, hadn't Theodore told her? "Well Alyssa! My father here should care about her, seeing as he's married to her and is father to her twin boys." she informed Alyssa in a somewhat harsh voice, keeping her eyes locked on Kalif. "How are Damianos and Nicolas anyway? Without their mother that is?" she asked, hoping to get some sort of emotion out of him.

So much for sitting down for even a moment's of peace.

The words that came out of Theodore's mouth made Kalif roll his eyes. It was just a tiny, mindless crush of his, or something of the matter. Alyssa, Kalif ignored what she said, since obviously the blonde hair was sinking in a bit too much to the cliched phrases floating around about that particular hair type. His black eyes landed on Patricia and his eyes narrowed. "Patricia is right. She is married to me, and is the mother of my twin boys." However, what Patricia said last sparked a nerve. Slowly rising, he waved his hand at the door and it opened, "Out of my office, now." Before they could get up and leave, Kalif told Patricia, "You, however, aren't allowed to leave just yet." His eyes never left his daughter's, and he managed to stay perfectly calm, and at ease, when inside his onyx eyes, he wanted to strangle the living daylights out of these fifth years. Never had he had so much trouble in his life. "I need a few words in with Patricia, regarding her respect and behavior toward her peers and her professors, privately. Ignore my words and do the opposite of what I say, I can either guarantee the harshest of detentions, and the three of you would land in a world of trouble."

Theodore narrowed his eyes at how calmly Professor Styx reacted to what all of them had just said, so the man truly didn't care for Nicolette at all. His nails dug slightly into his arm as he tried to remain calm and keep his anger down low or else he would gain a detention and much more trouble than he had bargained for when he came to Herbology class today. "For Nicolette's sake, I hope she stays wherever she is, she deserves better than this." Theodore hissed as he pushed himself up until he was standing and glaring at Professor Styx, at first he was mad at her for all of this, then Patricia, but now he saw what was really going on and realize it was really no one's fault. He didn't know what this man's problem was but if anything he almost hoped there would be a divorced involved before Nicolette got hurt by this man.

"Good luck Patricia." He muttered softly before he regarded her with his emerald green eyes the motioned for his sister to follow him before they got in trouble like Professor Styx had said he would just a few moments ago. As soon as he left the room he knew he needed to seek out Aleyha, maybe she would be able to calm his temper.

Alyssa's crystal blue eyes widened like saucers and her mouth dropped when she heard that Professor Styx was married to Nicolette and was even the father of those two babies that she was always doting over when Alyssa saw her around and stuff. "Oh wow, that's...a shocker." She blinked softly, knowing fully well whoever the man that Nicolette had married was important to her because she went on and on about whomever he was and how much she liked him compared to everyone else she had ever met. Still he didn't seem at all like her type and Alyssa was faintly curious as to how they met or even if they truly liked each other like that anymore because Professor Styx didn't seem to care for her at all. 'Thats ridiculous, you should only marry someone if you love them.' Love was a sensitive topic for her lately because she recently discovered her feelings for Vincent and since then everything about her views of others had changed because she understood what it was like to really care for someone and not have them care about you. "Poor Niccy." Alyssa sighed and stood up from her seat gracefully, no wonder Nicolette didn't seem to want to show her face to the world right now. Her life had been pretty rough from what she had heard and things were still probably going rotten for her.

"See you later Patricia." She smiled at the Hufflepuff girl that she was on okay terms with but still didn't understand why she even cared at all. With a soft smiled she wished she girl luck before she turned and left the room silently, hoping her brother wasn't going to pitch a fit.

Patricia kept her gaze locked on her father as he talked, she wasn't going to bag down until she knew she had accomplished what she needed to do. Even though she was showing a strong front, her heart was racing faster than it ever had, she was scared. When she heard the door open she let her gaze fall, breathing a sigh of relieve that she was going to be able to get out, she knew that getting through to her father would take a while and she had more than enough contact with him for today. Getting up from her seat she caught her fathers gaze and at his words felt her heart sink, Oh for crying out loud!

Obviously she wasn't too happy about having to stay behind because even though his words were true surely Alyssa and Theodore would benefit from the same talk. Sighing she sat back down and watched Theodore and Alyssa leave, surprised by their words, more so Theodore's. She was somewhat grateful for the words of luck but she couldn't be too sure if they were sincere or not. Although she didn't have time to think about that as the two twins left the office and she was alone with her father, again. Opting to stay quiet she looked up at her father again waiting for him to make the first move.

Kalif narrowed his eyes, and if only he wasn’t at school. He would have wringed that boy’s neck. Even though that was breaking an arranged marriage, Theodore was close to breaking a law anyway. A law of respect. His eyes landed on Patricia, and the door slammed shut and a lock was put on it. This was just to ensure privacy. Kalif leaned forward on the desk, and he began, “Maybe I haven’t been a father figure to you in the past, but I am starting now.” Kalif revealed something that he thought he would never reveal in front of Patricia. Anger and disappointment all rolled up into one. “Missing someone is not an excuse to cause problems in the class. I honestly don’t see why you care so much for Nicolette. From what I have seen, you utterly despise me, and Nicolette happens to have married to me, and you cared nothing for this family. The change seems so sudden; either you really do care for your step-mother, or you are being overdramatic. But coming from a Prefect, a role model, disrupting class and throwing dirt like a mad animal, that is nothing short of what a first year would do. I know what it is like being a Prefect, and I didn’t act nearly as childish as you performed just moments ago. Coming from a professor and a father – if that, I am very disappointed in you. I have half a mind to send you to your Head of House and let her deal with you, but because it is a family matter…” Kalif faded off, sitting down and he sighed. “You miss Nicolette and want her back at the Styx Manor, where you don’t even live. None of this makes sense to me. Explain it so maybe I can assist.”

Patricia jumped slightly as the door slammed shut. Seeing her fathers eyes land on her she could feel daggers shoot out of them. She braced herself for the worst. The first words out of the man's mouth surprised her no end, it was something that she wasn't expecting to hear him ever say. Patricia sat in silence as her father kept on talking, unable to keep facing him her head lowered to her lap. She remained quiet through everything her father had to say, she knew there was no fighting back with him because to be honest she was sick sore and tired of fighting with him. Although she really wished that he would stop bringing up the fact that her actions were not that of a Prefect, she knew she was wrong but Theodore had started it and she was fed up of him picking on her, and she was finally standing up for herself against him and even though what she did was wrong - and she knew it - she was happy that she had finally done something to upset him.

As he finished Patricia, no matter how hard she tried, felt tears starting to well up in her eyes. As she lifted her head to face her father again she felt the tears starting to flow, there was no stopping them now. Trying to wipe a few of them away she let out a shaky sigh. "Niccy was there for me when others weren't. She helped me get out of whatever rut I was in last year and made me feel better about everything again. And I may not live with you but she does, it's her home and I know how much she misses it and you, it's where she belongs." she said, needing to stop to control her tears a bit more. "And I'm sorry for class today, I know it was wrong and I have no idea what came over me, it was wrong of me." she told him. "And I don't utterly despise you..." She muttered under her breath.

"She only lives with me because we were married and we had children together. Otherwise, I suppose if it weren't for those matters, you two wouldn't have become so close. However, be warned, do not judge a book by its cover," stated Kalif. Though he and Nicolette did not get on the right terms, it was still the evil or whatever that lurked within that brought the two together. He smirked in his mind when he remembered the entire engagement. Cecily, wherever she was, had told her what happened. Kalif spotted the tears, and he gazed down at the desk. "Fine. I'll try to assist in finding her. Just don't act up again."

Patricia was surprised by his words! The way he said it, he made them sound as though they were things that happened everyday without much thought. Sure there was certain circumstances where those things happen without much consent from the two involved in it, heck she was conceived through a drunken night between her mum and dad - something she didn't want to think about too much.

Although when he said if it weren't for those things the two may not have become close, Patricia didn't want to admit it, but what he said could very well be true. Then again the two met on their own accord so why the hell couldn't they have become close without his intervention? Once again Patricia decided to remain quiet as he father talked, she knew well enough by now that fighting back was never a good idea with him, especially in school when their relationship was strictly Professor and student...despite this small deviation. With her face turned towards her lap again she felt a few tears fall into her folded hands. At her fathers last words she lifted her head, a smile once again on her features. "Really?" she asked, excitement in her voice. "I promise! What happened today was a simple one of on my behalf." she told him, then again she couldn't make promises for Theodore. Cautiously standing up she glanced at the still locked door, "Does that mean I can go now?" she asked, wanting nothing more than to leave her fathers office.

Kalif nodded slightly, “You better hold true to your promise. And yes, that means you are free to leave.” Kalif waved his hand at the door, and it unlocked as well as opened. “Considering you have the blood of a Herbology and Potions major,” he spoke, leaving out that he was skilled in the Dark Arts as well, “I expect Os in your OWLs.” That was Kalif’s final statement, as he waited for his daughter to leave.

Patricia got up from her chair and made her way to the door, breathing a happy sigh as fresh air hit her face in the form of a light spring breeze. As she stood in front of her father she couldn't resit letting a small smirk cross the Prefect's lips, "Don't worry, I intend too!" Patricia was by no means cocky but she knew she was smart and she wanted nothing more than to ace her OWLs. As Patricia was about to turn and leave she didn't know what came over her but in one swift movement she flung her arms around her fathers waist. The man had surprised her during their meeting. Even though they weren't big things he had started to act like her father, and she appreciated it. Releasing him from her smiled, "Bye dad!" she said as she walked out of the office, still surprised at what she had just done but happy she had done it.

Kalif tensed from the contact, something unexpected, and something Kalif really did not want. However, he did nothing more but tolerate the contact. Kalif shook his head when she left. Kalif approached the door and he closed it. Kalif went back to his desk to finish up his work. After saying he would do those things, she actually started to like him? Kalif sighed and he went back to grading. Just let me have a month without drama, for the love of Merlin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back