Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
??
Wand
Knotted 9 Inch Flexible Cherry Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Leia was feeling a little lonely, she’d been ready for Vader leaving, but she really hadn’t expected Padme to take an exchange trip to the other side of the world. Hogwarts Scotland...why would she want to do that. Leia had heard what her sister had said about learning more about the magical world, in learning about that place with so much history but Leia did not get it. She was just now left a little alone at the school. She had come to the lake front keen to just let herself be alone with her thoughts a little while. Leia was sure she’d adjust quickly but her track record of friends and other people at school was kinda of bad. She didn’t have a lot of friends to her name, and anyone who was close or friendly with her seemed to just disappear? Leia sighed, maybe she just needed to have more hobbies that studying in secret and being a duelling champion, but she didn’t know how to anymore. She was throwing rocks into the water, knowing that this wasn’t perhaps the best use of her time and a rather childish past time but it helped vent her frustration.

Augustus had enjoyed being back at Hogwarts, though he had to get used to being a lot more noticeable now that he towered over most of the other students in his year group. He'd gotten more than one startled look, and he wasn't enjoying it. He had liked being relatively unnoticed, even if he knew a lot of people found him a bit creepy. Now he was sure he wasn't any less creepy, just more... in your face. But Augustus knew it'd pass and people would get used to it. He himself had already almost stopped hitting his head on things. Almost. The boy had been eager to get to the lake, hoping to see something new or different. He still really wanted to be the one to truly discover the creature living in the water, and wondered if he could go for a swim without freezing. But as he approached the game, he spotted someone who he'd been a little scared of since first year. He paused, unsure. But there was no way she wouldn't notice him, so he cleared his throat. "Hello." he said quietly.

Leia glanced at the quiet hello and had to take a moment to recognise who this was, of course she did seem him occasionally in class but that didn’t mean she was paying attention. He was no longer the creepy little boy that she had perhaps been a little cruel to but he was older, taller. She wasn’t sure if he was still creepy, time would tell, and she didn’t know whether or not to be nice to him. They were older and really there was no reason for her to not be nice but she just was sure that the moment she was nice that would summon Luxen and he would just be very very disappointed in her. ”Hi,” she did say, her tone a little surprised, ”What are you doing out here?” she asked, her tone wasn’t friendly, but it was too sharp either, she didn’t sound like she was interested but more that she was making conversation.

Augustus watched Leia warily, even as she greeted him. He half expected her to lash out at him or say something mean, but she didn't. At least, he didn't think she did. "I'm usually out here." He admitted, glancing at the lake and then back at Leia. "I'm trying to find the big creature that lives in the lake." He then added for clarification. "To discover what it is or communicate with it if possible." He said, staring at her and blinking a few times. "So I often observe the lake." He added.

Leia was watched the boy carefully, she half expected him to be short with her, with him to completely ignore her, she wouldn’t really have thought much of it, it wasn’t completely undeserved. But he wasn’t really, he very plainly explained what he was doing, that he wanted to look at the lake observe the creature within it. ”Why?” she couldn’t help but ask with perhaps a little sharp tone, she just wasn’t sure why anyone should want to discover creatures that were just in the water, minding their own business. She looked back out at the water and then back at the boy. ”Any luck so far?” she asked. Her tone was a little better this time, but she’d visibly put in the effort to make it so.

From what Augustus knew about Leia, he was expecting a mean comment, or at least a dismissive one. Her question of why wasn't a huge surprise, especially not her sharp tone. But there was something about being taller than someone that made it more difficult to be intimidated by them. Augustus wondered if that was scientific in some way. "Because I think it is interesting." He said finally. "And I want to discover new creatures. I believe it is unlike anything else we know." He added, glancing over at the lake longingly. He shook his head when she asked if he'd had any luck. "I saw it once, but I haven't since. It's been a few years now." He said sadly. The creature had showed itself to other students over time, starting a bunch of rumors, but Augustus still thought he'd been one of the first. That had to mean something, right?

Leia looked back out at the water frowning lightly, how could a creature in the water that pretty much never showed itself ever be interesting. Surely it was better to be interested in something that was tangible and more real. She hadn’t thought it was real at all, but he was saying it was. It still wasn’t that tangible. ”Are you sure you saw it then? Maybe you just saw a slightly above average fish?” she replied, it was clear she didn’t particularly understand why he had such an interest in the creature in looking for it. ”If it was real and as big as people claim then more people would’ve seen it. There would be a picture of it,” she continued, clearly not really getting why anyone would bother with something that couldn’t be seen. She knew her brother had attempted to get pictures of it in the past but hadn’t gotten anything. She didn’t really understand why people would chase something that wasn’t particularly real when there were literal ghosts you could see and speak to in the school.

Augustus had always gotten the impression that Leia didn't understand him at all, and that was fine. But somehow, he'd never thought she would want to. But clearly him doing things differently sometimes was something she was curious about, and maybe even a bit frustrated by. It was a feeling he recognized, people had often just wanted him to act more like everyone else. "I'm sure." He said firmly, looking over at the lake again. "Soon after I spotted it, other people saw it as well. There were a lot of rumors going around." He said, frowning a bit. "Why would there be a picture of it? Who besides me is hanging around the lake all the time, let alone with a camera?" He asked her, frowning a bit. Though, actually, getting a camera would be a pretty good idea. He grabbed his little notebook and jotted it down, before he forgot.

Leia looked back at the lake and shrugged, ”My brother used to sometimes try to get a picture,” she told him. There were lots of people interested in the creature and if it was real and she knew her brother had been looking to prove that it was real, so he’d been trying to use his camera to get a picture of it. ”I’m also pretty sure that if you charmed the camera well enough you could go into the water with it,” she then said as if it was obvious that rather than just seeing it, it would be important to actually get a picture of it. She wouldn’t really believe it was real until she had seen a picture of it. After all, that would be proof, she hadn’t seen many wizards in the magical world able to create fake pictures like people in the muggle world so she’d believe that. ”Had you never thought about trying to get a picture of it?” she asked again with a tone of it would obvious, given that he seemed to write something down and she had to assume it was because of her suggestion.

Augustus nodded at Leia's words, remembering her brother who had always carried a camera around. Augustus had always figured that had to do with him running Accio, but maybe he was wrong about that. He nodded again at her next words but then frowned. The tone of her final question made him think she thought him stupid for not thinking of it, and he felt a bit frustrated at that. Though she still intimidated him too much for him to call her out on it. "I've only seen it once." He said. "For a second or two. Even if I'd had a camera I wouldn't have had the chance to take a photo." He said with a small shrug. "It's... a good idea to try, though. Thanks." He mumbled.

Leia nodded as he seemed to agree that her idea was good. She knew it was, but of course it was still nice to hear it. She wanted the boy as he was still looking out at the lake. She knew it would be slightly dangerous but he could always swim out there, there were spells to protect and help him so he could find it that way. But then she thought about what would happen if he did find it. What would he do, if anything, what could he do if anything. ”What will you do if you see it?” she asked. ”If you get proof of it really existing. Sell the story? How will people even believe you?”

Augustus was startled by the girl's question, completely unsure how to answer. He paused, thinking it over. "I will tell my friends." He said quietly. "Write my cousins... one of my cousins has a girlfriend who works in this field, maybe she could do something with it." He paused. "I wouldn't sell it, I don't care if people believe me." He added, blinking at her in surprise. "I just want to know."

Leia was reminded as he spoke that Augustus was a ravenclaw, because the answer given was very ravenclaw he might do all these things would tell friends and everything but he just wanted to know. If Leia were more interested she’d want to know to sell it, so show off that she’d found it, not at all interested in just the personal fame of it. But again, she also knew that she wasn’t really that interested in the creature at all. ”Interesting,” was all she said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back