Seamus Reid

impervious

Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 10 1/2" Unyielding Hornbeam Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Seamus was glad the exam period was over, though he didn't necessarily care for the yuleball, he enjoyed it for the way it marked the end of the year. He knew he hadn't done terribly, but hadn't done amazingly either, he knew that his parents wouldn't care so what did it matter. The slytherin hadn't really spoken to Hamish about what they were going to do, whether or not they would be heading back to their parents for the break. He wasn't very interested in heading back but he wasn't sure that Hamish would feel the same way. Seemingly it was the point they were most at odds. He was waiting at the entrance of the hall for Hamish, knowing the boy had a much longer trip to make to get to the great ahll, and was perfectly content to just wait.

Hamish was getting better at the stairs. Annoyed still, but better. He hurried down to the ball, knowing already that his brother would be waiting for him. He smiled at Seamus as he walked up. "Hey. Waiting long?" He asked, running a hand through his hair and giving his brother a smile.

"Nope!" he told Hamish as he joined him. He glanced around the room. "What do you wanna do first?" he knew there was less than at Halloween, and all the stuff was generally way more boring than all the halloween things, but he could still ask about what he wanted to do. Though Seamus was hoping that they might get some snacks.

Hamish grinned, relieved Seamus hadn't waited long. He started into the hall. "Do you want to go grab some presents from under the tree?" He asked, looking around to see the decorations for the event. "It's going to be quieter when everyone else goes back for the holidays," He commented idly.

Seamus shook his head, "Wouldn't do that without you," he told him. He felt relief flood his veins as Hamish mentioned how quiet it was going to be. "Yeah....so, you wanna stay here?" he knew that this implied he thought they would stay at school, but Seamus could use the words that Hamish actually wanted to stay.

Hamish chuckled. "I do, yes." He reassured his brother. "I know you'd rather stay here, and I'm not fussed about it. So we can stay." He knocked his brothers arm and started for the tree. "What do you think are in these presents?" He asked.

Seamus watched him, a little concerned that he seemed so not fussed about it, he had been very on the other side of it so strongly before. "Okay," he wasn't going to reject such a gift. "You're okay though?" he asked him. "I hope it's some new soap, used all mine up after detention with Avery," he grumbled, following to the tree and looking to take one and hand it to his brother.

Hamish chuckled. "I'm fine. I'm used to the stairs now." He reassured his brother. He almost commented on the present, but froze in place as Hamish mentioned detention. "The what?" He moved closer to his brother, forgetting the tree. "Detention? What the hell did you do?" He asked, astounded.

Seamus was quite pleased that Hamish was doing better with the stairs, and seemingly with all the aspects of Hogwarts. "We went into the forest, Avery wanted to find a centaur," he told him with a shrug. It had been quite interesting if he admitted, given that he'd been able to actually see and speak to a centaur. "So nothing bad,"

Hamish sighed deeply. He had known that forest was going to be a bad idea. "Seamus..." Hamish pinched the bridge of his nose. "You're going to get yourself hurt one of these days." He looked to his brother. "Just grab some gifts," He gave his brother an exasperated look, but smiled gently to show he wasn't too upset.

Seamus rolled his eyes, "The forest isn't that dangerous," he told him. He grabbed a gift and passed it to Hamish before grabbing one for himself. "Should we open them now or later?" He asked. He then motioned to one of the tables. "Shall we sit?"

Hamish rolled his eyes but didn't argue. He took the offered gift and glanced to the table. "Why don't we hit the snack table first so we don't have to get up again?" He countered. "Get a good haul before we settle in for the night," He looked back to his brother.

Seamus considered it and then nodded. "Sound," he said before heading over to the snacks table, he grabbed a plate for himself and then one for Hamish, passing it to him before loading up his plate with snacks that he would like and then went to a nearby table to sit. He picked up the top one and after removing a little bit of the cream on it began eating, knowing that Hamish would sit with him in a second.

Hamish grabbed a few drinks and followed his brother, sitting down with him. "They really go all out decorating, don't they?" He asked, picking up a tart and taking a bite. He looked around, before looking up to watch the falling snow. It was calming, almost, after all the chaos. "I wonder how hard it is to charm a ceiling like that," He murmured, almost to himself.

Seamus nodded in agreement. "I wonder if the other Hogwarts does too," he said. He thought it was likely that it did, though perhaps in other ways, not like this hogwarts did. Since different magical people would do different magical things. Seamus looked up at the cieling and watching it for a moment. "Probably super hard," he said.

Hamish shook his head. "I heard they don't have the yule ball," He told his brother. He watched the snow, munching on some of his snacks. "It's almost enough to make me want to pay attention in class," he teased, turning to look at his brother.

Seamus frowned slightly. "Well, that's a pity," he thought it was a little sad to not have a dance at the end of the semester, sure it was a little dull at times but it was also nice. It was a good way to end the term. "Sure," he agreed lightly, he wasn't sure he wanted to do it but pheraps Hamish did. "It's probably either charms or astronomy," he said.

Hamish laughed and shook his head. "Maybe both?" He offered, sipping his drink. He looked out to the dance floor then, noticing all the couples. "Hey, Seam, have you noticed anybody yet?" He asked, curious. "I mean like, romantically or whatever." He looked back to his brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back