Watching the clouds

A

Anonymous

Faciln strolled out onto the lawn, looking around and trying to a place to lay down. He settled on a spot that had a nice smooth rock to lean up against.

It was the perfect day for cloud watching, the sky was bright blue and clouds were big and poofy. As he looked up at the sky he saw a cloud that looked like a large tiger mauling some sort of smaller animal. Looking at this he was reminded of home and picking on his mudblood sister, he certainly missed tormenting her.

He looked around at the grounds, hoping someone might come up and talk to him. He was quite lonely here, but he didn't want to admit it to anyone. He certainly hoped that anyone that came up was pureblood, but he was almost to the point of not caring about that anymore as long as he had someone to talk to. All he could do was let out a great sigh and stare up at the clouds.

Katrina strolled across the lawn, looking for something to do. She was bored and had yet to meet any other first years. Looking up at the rolling clouds, she didn't see the boy laying back on the grass.

As she walked, she stumbled over his feet. Before she had even turned to him, she began yelling, "Why don't you watch where you're going! Some people can be so dense.." When she turned and saw that it was a fellow Slytherin, she smirked. "Oh, hello. Sorry. You're Slytherin, right?"

Sabriel had walked out to the lawn after her class was over. She decided that instead of sitting inside and doing her home work, she would do it out on the lawn. It was a beautiful day out, slightly chilly but that was normal for autumn. As she was looking for a place to sit, she saw one of her fellow Slytherins. She figured that it would be a good idea to get to know everyone in her house, so she walked over to where the boy was sitting.

"Hello," she said in a cold voice. "I'm Sabriel Nix. I saw you in the Common room the other day, but never caught your name
."

Faciln raised an eyebrow at her, clearly smirking that she had blamed her tripping over him on his not watching where he was going.

"Yep, I'm Slytherin" Faciln stated. "Name's Faciln" he said, extending his hand to her.

"Ah yes, I too am pureblood. Pretty much have to be to get into Slytherin, I'd say" Faciln winked after saying.

Once he was done finishing his sentence he turned to Sabriel and introduced himself. "Faciln and your name is Sabriel, right?" he asked, pretty sure that he remembered the name he overheard after he entered the common room when he arrived. He then extended his hand to Sabriel as a greeting.

Ford had been walking across the lawn to go to his favorite spot on the lake, he saw a few of his fellow Slytherins congregated, but determined that he didn't feel like stopping, until he heard Faciln's comment. At which point he walked over to them, "What was that you said?" Ford said dryly, his face impassive and uninterested.

Faciln looked from Sabriel to Ford, clearly annoyed by his interjection.

"Oh, I was just saying you pretty much have to be pureblood to get into Slytherin. I doubt Salazar would have it any other way" he said, smirking widely.

Sabriel shook Faciln's hand.

((I hope you would know my name since I introduced myself in my first post on here...lol ;) ))

She the turned in the direction of Ford when he spoke.

Katrina watched the exchange and raised her eyebrows. She believed that only pure bloods should be in Slytherin too, but kept it to herself, until she heard more of the conversation. She also made a note of remembering both Faciln and Sabriel's names. She was hoping she would be able to talk to them often, as they were the first two Sltyerhins (with the exception of Sophia Stark who had helped her find a room) she had met.

Ford cocked his head at Faciln, and narrowed his eyes. He appearred to be measuring the first year up, his vivid green eyes piercing him; determining if he was worth the brainpower Ford would have to expend explaining things.

"That just seems fairly presumptuous," Ford commented airily, as if he could care less about the topic at hand, "Suggesting, as you are, that you know more about who goes into which house more than the sorting hat."

"Presumptous?.. Maybe" Faciln said, still smirking. "The sorting hat certainly knows where to place people, I'm not debating that fact. I believe, however, that Slytherin should be a pureblood only house, we are far to important to be filled with filthy mudbloods."

((@Sabriel - Yea, but it works out the way it was too... since I was talking and all >.>))

Katrina nodded her agreement, her blue eyes sweeping over the three. Oh, yes, I was certainly put in the right house. "I agree with you, Faciln. I really hope that the pure house of Slytherin isn't being tainted by some filthy mud-bloods".

Ford saw where this conversation was going, it was like trying to debate with another why your religion was better than another's: everyone believes that they are correct and won't listen to anyone else, and it all just devolved into a shouting match. Ford uncocked his head, "Be that as it may, you still have to live with us who aren't gifted with two wizard parents," he said nonchalantly, he could have been discussing the weather, "Unless you're planning on murdering me," Ford shrugged, turned, and continued his walk towards the lake.

EDIT: ((So it seems I must leave. Grrr. Sorry, I hadn't planned on it.))

Despite Katrina's iron-clad opinions, she felt as if she had been slapped in the face, feeling as though it were on fire. She hadn't meant to offend this Slytherin boy; she was certain he was a proud Slytherin and deserved to be there. "I merely meant that people who are not befitting of being in Slytherin, should not be there. You carry yourself as well as that of a pure-blood, and apologize for any offense." Katrina felt her blood boil just the same, at extending an apology to him.

(((Oops!! I forgot you walked away....let's just say perhaps you were still within earshot or something... <_< )))

Faciln looked at Ford walk off towards the lake in shock. Could there really be a mudblood in Slytherin house? he thought. Could Ford just be yanking his chain? shot through his head.

He sat there completely in a state of shock looking at Katrina and Sabriel, speechless.

Sabriel also believed that all Slytherins should be pure blood, but she did not voice this opinion to Ford. She believed that he would be a good ally to have in the future, though it was unfortunate that he was of mixed blood. Sabriel's pureblood notions came from her parents, and though she was a strong believer of them her whole life, she had grown to know that it was more important for your allies to be cunning and resourceful. If they were this and not pure blood, then Sabriel could deal with that. Her beliefs have changed since she has come to this school and met many worthy people who were not people she would have befriended before.

Sabriel's demeanor just remained cold throughout this entire conversation.

Katrina held her smirk as she watched the boy walk away. Then she turned to the other two Slytherins and shrugged her shoulders. "Oh well. He's still a Slytherin." She smiled at the girl, "I don't believe we've been officially introduced. My name is Katrina Redding; proud to be a pure-blood."

Faciln took a moment to recompose himself, now looking like he was in a state of deep thought.

"I totally didn't expect that" Faciln stated. He hoped that he would be able to approach Ford later and apologize, though his stance on the matter had not changed at all.

He looked back to the two girls, whom were now introducing themselves to each other.

Not smiling at the girl, she gave her a nod and said, "Sabriel and proud to be a pure blood myself." She looked back to Faciln, and saw a surprised look on his face. "I'm pretty sure that he is of mixed blood," she said blankly, "but he is definitely worth of Slytherin." She knew this because of her interaction with him in the past and of him in the Future Leaders of Magic club.

"Well he must be worthy if the sorting hat placed him here" Faciln said, trying to reassure himself.

"At least all of us gathered here now are pureblooded" he said, now much more comfortable with Sabriel and Katrina. "Personally I had to trace my lineage back myself using the only thing my father left behind when he left, and of course my blood traitor mother's history."

Faciln stopped suddenly, quite surprised that he had divulged so much information so suddenly.

Sabriel was quite surprised that he had told them about his family, and it seemed that he didn't care for them too much. Sabriel knew how he felt. Though their situations were different, she was very displeased with her mother and father's divorce. She knew that it was all for a larger purpose, but she still did not approve. She was not, however, going to divulge this information to these two yet. She didn't like going into her personal life.

"So...how was the first week of classes for you guys," she said in a very uninterested tone. She didn't show much emotion to anyone. That is until she met Kale.

Faciln looked quite pleased to change the topic and answered almost immediately.

"I thought the first week of classes went very well" He said quite proudly. "How were they for the both of you?"

Katrina nodded a bit as she said, "Classes have been so so for me. Most of them are decent, but my favorite is Potions." She wasn't sure what else to say, she was rather pleased with her own family. Both of her parents were pure-bloods and rather wealthy. Her own family were in Slytherin house as far back as they had researched. She of course didn't see much of her parents, but they were still her parents. Oh well, I guess not everyone can be as lucky as me; perhaps I shouldn't mention my own family life.

"I think that I'm going to enjoy my classes once we actually start doing something," Sabriel anwered. "I'd rather have practical lessons than introducing ourselves and lecturing."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back