Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Ebony 15" Essense of Phoenix Talon
Jaken made his way out of the castle, sending a note to his girlfriend to meet him at the cliffs. He had a normal black shirt, tight on his body, with a suit-like jacket and dark blue jeans. His short hair was spiked, and did not move in the wind. How he loved muggle hair gel to help style his hair. Although, it was growing longer, and becoming slightly curly, which he didn't like. He would have to get it cut again, or have his mother cast a charm or someting to make his hair permanently straight again.

Jaken's warm, stormy eyes searched the grounds for his girlfriend. It had been a while since they had actually spent time alone together, or at least, he wanted them to spend more time together. He loved spending time with Estrella. She was intriguing, nonetheless. She was gorgeous too. Jaken blushed slightly, thinking of all this. And yet, he still felt bad for not ever playing his guitar for her yet. He had been to shy for that. Although, Isabella had heard him play guitar, and well, at least he still had his style.

Estrella was a little surprised when a note plopped onto the table where she was doing calculations for her next Arithmancy lesson. She reached forward and snatched it, tearing it open with enthusiasm. For some reason she wasn't able to put her heart into this assignment. The Ravenclaw girl felt that she was slipping behind a bit, but oddly she wasn't inclined to worry. The distraction of the letter was more than welcome.

A smile spreading across her face as she took in its content, Estrella was quick to jam all of her writing supplies and parchment into her bag and take off from the library. She had already decided not to kill herself trudging all the way up to Ravenclaw tower and then hustling to the Cliffs. The girl usually would have been a little concerned about such a meeting spot, as it was supposed to be off limits to students. But then she took into consideration that she was seventeen after all, and Head Girl to boot. She didn't envision herself or Jaken getting in trouble for hanging out here.

After a rather draining trek across the Lawn, Estrella found Jaken, her eyes lighting up as she looked back to him. He looked rather appealing today. Reflecting on her school uniform, she resolved that she was rather drab in appearance. Grinning, she stepped forward, giving him a warm peck on the lips, knowing that it would be sufficient enough of a greeting. She pulled back, her expression bright. She loved being with Jaken. Lately, it didn't seem like they got to spend any time together.

Jaken glanced toward the castle, just in time to see Estrella coming his way. Jaken's lips curled into a smile, and he welcomed Estrella's small kiss with glee. Once she pulled back, Jaken gave her a mischievous look and smirked slightly, "What? No hey?" He chuckled a bit, and rubbed his hand through her hair, careful to not mess up her hair. It was soft to the touch. He pulled his hand back, and placed it at his side, like his normal stature.

Jaken gave her a warm smile, his eyes light and content, "How are your classes going?" He knew that she had a few more than him this semester. At least, one more than him. Although he couldn't help but find it quite odd that he had more classes than she, herself being a Ravenclaw. It amused him to no end. Then, he remembered something, something he had to inquire from Estrella, "Um, how is your cousin after the...double date incident?"

Estrella was nothing less than enthusiastic as she returned Jaken's kiss, a smug smirk planted on her face when she pulled back, to her boyfriend's complaint. She pulled a strand of hair behind her ear, having claimed it back. She could only smile back at the young man beside her, and tossed her backpack of space to the ground. The Ravenclaw girl was quick to wrap her arms around Jaken's torso, resting her head on his chest. She wasn't usually such an affectionate person. However, being in such a relationship allowed her to open up just a bit, despite the fact that it left her heart exposed.

The girl shrugged as Jaken inquired about her classes. "Can't complain, I guess," she said, although that was far from the truth. She had done quite a lock of slacking this term, and was being selective about which classes she applied herself in and which ones she didn't. Honestly, she couldn't wait for the year to be over. She wanted to try so many things, including using magic outside of school. If she was lucky, she would be able to get an Apparition license.

A slight frown crept into Estrella's features as she thought about Sophia. "I haven't heard a thing from her," the girl finally replied. She figured that she should have sought out her cousin right away, but her head was in so many places lately. She supposed that she would have to find her later to make sure that she was okay.

Jaken couldn't help but feel surprised about how affectionate she was today. It was quite odd, but he wasn't complaining in the least. Instinctively, he wrapped his arms around her, smiling down at her in a gentle, loving demeanor. He stroked her back softly, and simply savored the attention he was receiving, making sure to equal that in how he was giving it also. He smirked slightly, "'Can't complain', huh." Well, he had only a few classes this term, and he wasn't really caring about the schoolwork. His grades though weren't lowering, however.

Jaken bit his lip slightly, and murmured, "I'm sorry for having to step in like that, but it was for a good cause. I couldn't allow Daniel and...Sophia's brother to fight. It would have risked Sophia being hurt, and especially you." Jaken sighed a bit before adding, "I didn't mean for Sophia's brother to take my words so seriously, and actually leaving to go fight elsewhere." Jaken glanced down at his girlfriend. He never liked stepping into business that wasn't his own, but that situation was quite different though. It had to be done. However, he did feel slightly guilty over what had happened, and how Estrella's cousin was taking it.

Estrella smiled warmly as she looked up at Jaken. She had long since declined from mentioning homework. Her schoolwork was the very last thing she wanted to think about right now.

"Don't worry too much about it," the sixth year Ravenclaw replied, "You did the right thing. It wouldn't have been any better if they had started fighting where we were." She grinned, punching him playfully in the shoulder. "I would almost say you scared them away!" she joked.

The girl turned her gaze across the grounds, inhaling the crisp spring air. In no time, summer would be upon them, and with that end of the year exams. Her features marked with interest, she asked absentmindedly, "What are your plans for the summer?" She and Jaken hadn't planned anything, but they didn't have to be together all of the time, she reminded herself promptly.

Jaken simply smiled a bit, "I'll try not to worry too much over it." He felt her punch him slightly in the shoulder. He teased, "Hm, still as girly as ever." He laughed a bit, reassuring that he was just kidding. "Those two guys probably would have beaten me to a pulp if I said the wrong things." Jaken shuddered slightly, and didn't like the thought of himself being in a fight. It just wasn't like Jaken, to fight boys. Especially older ones like Sophia's brother and Daniel.

Jaken gave Estrella an odd stare when she inquired about his plans for the summer. Biting his lip, he wondered what she would say about him leaving for Russia to go stay with his group? Shrugging, thinking it was no big deal, he answered, "I'm going to Russia to stay at Demitris's house. But they are coming here to get me though a week after my school lets out." Jaken let out a sigh, and informed in a soft voice, "They are my friends from Durmstrang." He gave a weak smile, and secretly hoped that she wouldn't push on who his friends were exactly.

Estrella's lip pursed as she glanced back at Jaken, and releasing herself from his arms she took a seat, looking over the cliff ledge. "I don't think they would have done anything to you at all," she smirked, adding, "I've been dying to use my wand in public." Sarcasm had crept into her voice ever so slightly.

The Ravenclaw girl grinned back at her boyfriend. "Russia? I think that's great! Who is this Demitris? Or they, rather?" She had taken note that he was suggesting that more than one person was coming to pick him up. Her expression was pleasant, but stricken with curiosity at the same time.

Jaken decided to kneel down beside his girlfriend once she released herself from him. He found it more comfortable to kneel rather than to sit for some odd reason. He couldn't help but laugh, "Why, Estrella. You wouldn't dare jinx anyone, would you?" A smirk played on his lips, and he had to add, "I still haven't really used magic outside of school, since I became of age." He shrugged.

Jaken continued to smile, but it faltered when she wanted to know who. Jaken answered, naming them off also, "They, well, let's just say that the group of friends I had in Durmstrang weren't the best. But anyway, Demitris is a close friend of mine. Dietrich is my best friend, who happens to swing both ways. There are a few others, but not many. Probably a total of five people." Jaken averted his gaze from Estrella and to the cliff, looking over it. "And what of your plans?"

A light smile struck Estrella's features. "Of course not," she said silkily, her expression playful. She had never really jinxed anyone- but she wouldn't think twice about it if someone she cared about were in harm's way. She listened as Jaken explained about his two friends. The girl was immensely curious about this group that he was hinting at. They hadn't sounded like a good crowd, in any case. She just hoped that they had grown up, like Jaken had seemed to.

"Well, that's nice that you'll get to see them again," she said plainly, "I'm going to be hanging out with Katerina this summer. She's probably going to stay with me at my grandfather's for a bit." Excitement danced in her dark eyes. The seventeen year old hadn't seen Katerina for a good year and was elated to be able to spend a good amount of time with her.

Jaken raised an eyebrow at Estrella suspiciously, as if he were suspecting her to be lying or kidding. However, the smile told that he too was just joking as well. However, upon hearing her plans, he couldn’t hide the surprise he felt. Katerina, the one victim that was his favorite. The one he had told through her to the group to leave her alone. However, whether or not they really had brought worries to his mind. He had always been afraid that Estrella would discover how cruel he could be.

Jaken shrugged, “I guess. As long as they aren’t drinking and all then I suppose I can put up with them.” Jaken noticed that his smile was no longer upon his face, and his voice sounded more serious than before. Jaken bit his lip a bit, and his eyes were not on Estrella, “Katerina, huh. Well, I suppose that is a good thing that you get to spend time with her.” As long as she doesn’t share any stories about me and my gang, then I’m fine with it. he thought.

Estrella grinned as she wrapped her arms around her knees. A wisp of hair fell into her face, and she blew at it. The strand of brown lifted into the air, where it floated for a moment and then landed right back in front of her eye. Finally becoming frustrated, she tucked the small, unruly mess behind her ear and listened to her boyfriend.

"Well, they're all seventeen, right?" she chuckled, "They're more than old enough to drink." The girl had not been around a lot of people who were drinking. Sure, Sophia had not seemed entirely there when she was putting away glass after glass of firewhiskey, but she hadn't been unagreeable company either.

Totally oblivious to the fact that Jaken no longer had a smile on his face, she exclaimed, "Oh, I can't wait! It's too bad she and I don't go to the same school- we hit it off so well. We've got quite a few things planned out actually." Estrella's eagerness to see her friend was blatant- in fact, she had begun counting down the days until the end of the school year.

Jaken finally forced himself to look at Estrella, just to see her becoming frustrated with her hair in the wind. This made him relieved that he did cut off his hair, or else he would be having that very issue now. Jaken had to think of all their birthdays before finally answering, “I believe so.” Jaken couldn’t retain a laugh, and could see his friends drunk like they used to be back in the days.

Or at least, drinking more butterbeer than usual. “Trust me, Estrella, you don’t want to see Dietrich drunk. Merlin, he hits on everyone.” He wasn’t exaggerating this either. Demitris, Hayden, and himself were also victims of Dietrich’s flirts and other events. He couldn’t help but smile a bit at the good times he had with his friends though. The times when they weren’t torturing. Jaken let out a silent sigh when Estrella said that about Katerina. Even though they were at peace, he was still paranoid over her telling anyone anything about him. There is a way to shut her up though. Jaken forced the thought back, and shook his head. “She seems nice. I don’t really know much about her.” But I’ve known her for a long time though.

Estrella's gaze flittered to Jaken in curiosity. "Dietrich? I have never heard of a Dietrich," she said, a slight smile playing upon her lips. "Don't worry- I'm sure I could conjure up some nasty curse if I ever got in any trouble." As of late, her boyfriend seemed to be quite obsessed with his old group. She wasn't sure whether his desire to contact his old friends was for the better or worse, but she decided to take it with a grain of salt. The Ravenclaw girl didn't want to become the obsessive girlfriend. Jaken was not always jamming his nose into her life, so she would take measures to pay him that same respect.

Though it had taken her a while to realize that Jaken did not seem to be in the best of moods, Estrella could not help feeling inquisitive. "Yeah, she's awesome," she replied absentmindedly, boring into her boyfriend with her eyes. If he didn't want to tell her she wasn't going to ask, but she figured that she would give him the memo that she knew something was up.

Jaken laughed softly at Estrella’s remark. Sure, he hadn’t spoken of his friends ever to her, but he still yearned to spend time with them. Hanging out like they used to. However, he started a new life, and his old one just wouldn’t leave him alone at times. Jaken sometimes wished he had never moved here, but this school has grown on him as well. He wouldn’t leave it for Durmstrang anymore. And he knew this.

Jaken did not say anything more about Katerina. Instead, he saw the way she looked at him. It made him turn away at first, and then he stared at her back. She was getting suspicious. Of what? Jaken narrowed his eyes at her, and demanded, “What was that look for?” Of course, his voice was just as soft and warm as ever, but there was still a hint of power behind him. His stance and facial expression showed distress and exasperation.

Estrella held her gaze on Jaken for a moment before pulling away. "Nothing," she stated, although it was very much a lie. "Thought something may be wrong." The Ravenclaw had noticed that the Slytherin had seemed to be on the defensive. He was attempting to hide it, but Estrella had already torn away the wool he was trying to pull over her eyes. She wasn't sure whether to feel surprised or hurt. Something was bothering him, and she didn't know what. This in itself irritated her, but she wasn't going to question him further. Not if he didn't want to talk about it in any case.

Becoming silent, Estrella observed her fingernails in disdain. They were in need of a cleaning. Using Scourgify was always an option, but she didn't feel up to it at the moment. She averted her eyes from Jaken, feeling awkward around him for the first time since- she couldn't even remember.

Jaken shook his head. He was unsure whether she was lying or not. Jaken closed his eyes and rested his head on his arm which was resting on the one leg that was propped up on the ground. He hesitated before responding. He hated feeling this awkward around his girlfriend. In his mind, he ran through the options he could do in order to make the atmosphere just a bit more comforting for the both of them. He scooted himself closer to Estrella.

He turned to her, and gently touched her cheek with the back of his hand. He murmured, "I'm sorry. I've just had a bad feeling since this morning. I am truly, sincerely sorry." He gently put his lips to her forehead, kissing her gently. He finally kissed her passionately on the lips, truly telling her that he was sorry through actions rather than words. He pulled away sooner than he would like, and gave Estrella a smile. One that he meant, and it was a beautiful smile for him.

While she had no objection to it, Estrella was rather surprised by Jaken's sudden display of affection. She decided that she would drop the subject and stop nagging her boyfriend with twenty questions. The girl returned the kiss with an equal fervor, but just as she was about to wrap her arms around him he pulled away. She wasn't sure why he had done that, but she didn't ask. A wave of unfamiliarity coursed through her again, but this time she tried to shake it off. The Ravenclaw despised feeling this way around the Slytherin. She returned his smile, although hers was one of great effort. Something was now nagging at the girl, and she didn't know what.

Estrella folded her hands in her lap as she sat. The silence bore down on her with excruciating weight, and she needed to do something, anything, to lift it off of her. "Are you ready to Apparate yet?" she asked meekly. The question was random and more of a blurt than anything else, but at least it wasn't nothing. She was sure this conversation was going to lead to nowhere. The girl glanced down to her healed thumbnail, which she had splinched off a few weeks ago, her stomach squirming inside of her as if it had a mind of its own.

Jaken wondered if he pulled away too soon. He put his arm around the Head Girl’s waist. Things were awkward, and he hated it. No, stronger than hate. He wished that he never brought up his old friends and stirred up the old memories inside him. He didn’t want this tension between them. Estrella hah helped him unknowingly discover a softer side to him. She was fun and just great to be around. Jaken went through all the adjectives to describe the Head Girl in his mind, and all of them were positive.

The sixth year’s eyes widened a bit with the random question. He didn’t mind. Although, talking about apparation seemed a bit off to him. Jaken laughed softly, “Yeah, as long as I make it through the test in one piece. I ended up giving myself a small hair cut with my first try.” He rolled his eyes at his silliness. He was being open with her. Well, saying these things would hopefully keep what he wanted to remain secret a secret. He always spoke too much nowadays. “How about you? Are you nervous to Apparate? I doubt that you are. You do well in the lessons.” He smiled at her.

Estrella felt a little better as Jaken wrapped his arm around her waist. She did not push him away, but she could not help feeling a rift between the two of them. Leaning against Jaken, she hoped that her paranoia was just that, paranoia. Breathing quietly, she took in the sunset. Since the cliffs were supposed to be off limits, she didn't want to risk being outside after hours, too. The girl wasn't sure what time it was, since she never carried a watch. She did know that she wanted to be inside before dark. Part of her wanted to stay out here, while the other wished to be under the cover of the castle. She needed some time to think. Estrella despised having to consider the situation of her relationship with Jaken.

Glad that her boyfriend was willing to break the silence with her, she smiled lightly. "Got a haircut? That's nothing. I splinched off my thumbnail." She held her fingers up to show him, although her thumb was completely healed by now. "Bloody hell, did that hurt. Hopefully I'll be able to pass the test without leaving a piece of me behind." Her gaze was downcast as she examined her fingernails once more. "Actually, I'm incredibly nervous." Her insides twisted at the mere thought of the exam. "I'm afraid I won't get my license," she admitted, a little embarrassed.

Jaken felt the teen lean against him. He had no idea where this would be going, but hoped that their relationship hasn't had any wrinkles it in. It lasted longer than a year, and he wasn't about to give up on it yet. He wouldn't call it off unless she or he did something terribly bad. And what were the odds of that? They seemed rather slim, in his mind. He smiled to himself at the sunset, successfully shoving his doubts to the back of his mind to deal with later. It would be dark soon, and well, he would have to take the Head Girl to the castle. She wouldn't really be setting an example by staying out after hours.

Jaken glanced down at her fingers, and winced when he thought of the pain. "Merlin, that had to hurt. I probably would have cried." He chuckled softly, hoping that what he was saying would make her feel better. Truth was, he didn't know whether he would cry or not. Odds were in his favor, he wouldn't. What am I saying? I totally would cry if I lost a fingernail. He heard her confession, and frowned slightly. Jaken coaxed in a loving, soft voice, "You will get your license. Just stay confident, and you will do fine. Fear isn't an option." He smiled down at her. He was sort of afraid he wouldn't get his license as well. But he was a little confident about receiving the license. What he was terrified of was losing a limb or something.

Estrella grinned back at Jaken, glad that she at least had weak conversation to avert her mind from the situation at hand. "I almost did," she laughed, "I couldn't even keep a straight face coming out of there. Thank Merlin the nurse was able to do something about it." Her face brightened as her boyfriend encouraged her. It helped a little bit, if not a lot. Giving him a futile smile, she replied softly, "But what if there are things to fear?" The Ravenclaw's jaw was taut as she fell silent, once again.

Jaken smiled when he heard Estrella laugh, sure they had a weak conversation going but it was distracting him from the thoughts of their relationship running through his mind. He would do whatever it took to keep Estrella happy. He frowned slightly, "I wouldn't have liked it if you cried." He nodded in agreement, "I'm glad that she could fix you all up. I just couldn't imagine what pain you went through." He heard the last part, and let out a sigh. He shook his head and shrugged, "I doubt there really are...but then again, I am jsut trying to keep myself from a nervous breakdown. Although, my uncle says that apparating is easy, and my dad says the same. I am sure that it is just our minds going haywire." He glanced at the horizon, as dusk settled in. He whispered, "Do you think we ought to head up to the castle? I wouldn't want to keep the Head Girl out after hours." He smirked slightly.

"Well, I'm glad the thought of me crying doesn't make you happy," Estrella laughed, giving her boyfriend a soft peck on the cheek. Her lip pursed as he suggested that they head back to the castle. "Well, I suppose," she said with a smirk, "Although I have a feeling that you wouldn't mind keeping the Head Girl out after hours." She gave him an amused grin, standing up and brushing off her robes.

Jaken laughed as well, "Well, if it did make me happy, then I would be an evil person!" He smiled at his girlfriend. He stood up once she did, and wiped what ground deposit was on his pants. He turned to her and smirked once more, "Well, it would be quite ironic in a way. And I sure wouldn't mind, so I guess you are right about that." He laughed softly, and shook his head. That sounded so wrong just now, he thought with a slight blushing giving color to his cheeks. He turned his body toward the castle, and smiled slightly, "Ready to go?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back