Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Asexual
Wand
Knotted 9 Inch Rigid Laurel Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Mervyn was about to head all the way down to the great hall to see if Ainsley was at breakfast when he had the smart idea to swing by the Hufflepuff common room first. Chances were, she wouldn't be there, but it was better than trekking all the way down to the hall only to have to come all the way back up again, as he'd done with his last rose. When he reached the entrance he asked somebody to go in and ask for Ainsley. A few moments later, the girl appeared. "Valentine's delivery for a Miss Ainsley Lynch," he said, holding the rose to himself. "'Ave you got any identification?"

Valentines Day had always been exciting with all the roses and nice messages flying around, but having a girlfriend made the occasion extra special. Now every time Ainsley spotted a basket of roses she couldn't help but wonder if there was a sweet message from Amber waiting for her. She had wanted to spend the whole day just walking around but it would have felt a little silly, so after finishing tending to her plants in the Wild Patch, Ainsley made her way up to the common room to do a little reading. She had barely settled in however when someone was calling her name, asking her to see someone out of the common room. Oh! Of all the timing! Setting her book aside Ainsley skipped out of the common room excitedly, a bright smile on her face. "Hi!" Ainsley said cheerfully to the younger boy as he greeted her, only slightly disappointed that the rose wasn't red. A nice message from a friend was nothing to be sad about! The boy's question threw her for a loop though and she looked at him, confused. "Have I got what?"

Mervyn beamed at the older Hufflepuff. "I-den-ti-fication," he repeated, more slowly. "Summink to prove you are who you says you are. Wouldn't want this rose to end up in the wrong 'ands, would I? I could get done for that - sacked. It would be careless and irresponsible. Do I look careless 'n' irresponsible to you, Miss Lynch? - if that's 'oo you really is, o' course." He didn't really think Ainsley was lying, nor care so much about losing his volunteer delivery job, but wandering around the castle all morning was boring and the Gryffindor had to keep himself amused. "So, you give me the ID, I give you the rose. Simple."

Listening to the younger boy talk, it finally clicked to Ainsley exactly what he was doing. It was a little unexpected coming out of the blue like this, but when she had been his age she had liked to play imagination games too. She had never played them with a stranger, but Ainsley was never as confident socially as other people. She didn't want to put off the boy though, so she smiled kindly, patting her hand sewn pockets for a moment before giving an exaggerated gasp, procuring an imaginary ID card from one of them. "Aha! Here it is!" She smiled brightly, handing the invisible card to the boy with a slight flourish. "I think you'll find everything is in order here. Issued to me personally by the council of the fairies." The boy hadn't exactly set up the world of this imagination game in much detail, but Ainsley's own imagination games when she was young had always included fairies, and she wasn't going to stop now. Witches and wizards had once played a large part too, but that had gotten less fun once she had discovered she was a real witch herself. It made Ainsley a little sad to think about how long it had been since she had played imagination games like that, but helping this little boy enjoy his own imagination was certainly a fun way to recapture her own youth.

Mervyn didn't actually expect Ainsley to have any identification, and so was interested to see how she would wriggle out of requiring it. He frowned as she patted her pockets. Wait - she didn't really have ID, did she? For a split second, he almost thought she was going to make him look like an idiot by producing a library pass, or something. Then he realised. "The council of the fairies?" he repeated. "You migh' wanna get that ID checked, luv - it don't look legitimate to me." Nonetheless, he handed her the rose and note as promised. "If I get the sack for this, on your 'ead be it."
Ainsley,

You are a kind person, and I am glad that we are becoming better friends!

Flavio.

Ainsley laughed happily at the boy's response, pleased to be able to be part of his fun game. "Oh, I assure you everything is in order." Ainsley smiled, and mimed taking back her imaginary ID at the same time as she took her rose and message from the boy. "Your delivery mission is secure, agent. Dismissed." She gave the boy a flourishing salute before turning to head back to the common room, opening her note as she did. The message put a bright smile on her face, and Ainsley made a mental note that she would have to find Flavio to thank him as soon as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back