Wanderlust

Harold Garrison

He saw her.

At least, he was thirty percent sure that it was she. Hazel eyes zoomed onto her, held by a magnetic force. Her face was similar, but different. His eyebrows drew together, perplexed. Here was a face he'd never expected to see again in his life, but then again, he hadn't expected to see London again in his life either. London was bustling with life and noise and movement; it was utterly different from the quiet, peaceful villa in Naples. Many things had changed, in fact. Harold sighed. Everything he had done recently weighed upon him like death. He closed his eyes for a moment, ignoring the jostling of the crowds. Diagon Alley, under the bright afternoon sun, was unusually hot and crammed today. Then, he opened them again. She was still there. But she wasn't for she was dead, it was all just a dream. A dream that he wished to come true.

Elaine was everything to Harold, same as their children. There wasn't a single day that he forgot his family. He was still miserable deep inside and he wanted to start a new life. But how, he was unemployed and at the moment staying in random apartments near the city. As his saving started become lesser and lesser each day.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry for the lameness.

Fatima was having a great time in England. She was there to see another Quidditch game to write about. She found it easier to write about games when she sees them first hand, instead of getting second hand accounts of them. Diagon Alley was bustling with people and she had just stopped to get a book to read for her flight back to New Zealand. That wasn't until the next morning so she still had a chance to take a look at everything else London had to offer, but she didn't know where to begin. Looking around she noticed a man standing facing her his eyes closed. It was the weirdest thing she could have imagine to see in the middle of a busting street.

Moving closer to the man she wondered if he was feeling alright. She reached out to touch his shoulder. "Excuse me? Are you okay sir?" She asked the man who seemed to be very close in age to her, yet he seemed to have seen alot in the world then she.

As Harold was busy thinking about his family, he somehow heard a voice. It was coming somewhere near from him, a voice of a woman. Feeling that someone touched his shoulders, he felt alarmed, surprised and started to open his eyes. He then glance at his back, there was a lady around the age or late 20's. But she was still beautiful than other any woman. "Oh Yes, I'm just enjoying London." he joked wondering if the lady would see it as a joke or anything other than craziness. These days Harold seems out of focus, he's been staring at the walls trying to think about his past. He needed to get out of his shell and wanderlust. London was the perfect place to roam around, he also missed being in Diagon Alley.

He loved to see wizards wandering the alley, it made him remember Hogwarts in a way. How he missed the school, when he was still a student there he hoped to teach there someday. Still being a Professor was a big and hard job for him to handle. Maybe the Ministry can offer him a good start. Harold then turned at the lady flashing her a smile.

Fatima has meet a variety of characters, old men going to see just another game of their favorite team. New comers, kids just getting into the sport and seeing it for the first time. Or the occasional watcher, whoever it be she was sued to speaking to people. Getting facts was her job, and though she wasn't a gossiper she was pretty good at getting facts from just looking first. The man infront of her didn't seem like he was bad or evil. No he seemed just dandy and very handsome, though she wouldn't say that outloud. "Oh, right," she said shocked by his response, he hadn't really seemed like he was enjoying anything when she came up to him. Her hand moved away from his shoulder and she put on her usual friendly smile. "Fatima Alfred," she said to the man holding out her proper hand as her writing journal and notes on the teams were moved to her other hand.

Harold smiled at her, hoping the girl wouldn't think that he was weird or anything. Everyday seems to be a new day, lately Harold been busy wandering around the city hoping he could find a job. He thought of pursuing his old career as a teacher but still he wasn't sure if he wanted that. The streets were busy than ever, different people started to pass by some were hurrying some were just exploring around. It was tough moving each day founding a job and most importantly finding some money. His saving became less and less but it was still there. As the girl introduced herself, Harold handed out her hand hoping for a handshake. "Harold Garrison, pleasure meeting you." he said to him flashing her a smile.

Fatima saw the smile on the man so she smiled back to him uncertain if he really was okay. She was worried he could be an escape' from the Hospital but as he spoke it didn't sound like that was so. "It's nice meeting you as well. An Englander I suppose?" She asked as they shook hands. Fatima found it nice when she could have conversation with people away from the games, she loved Quidditch but it did get too much sometimes and afterall right now she wasn't at the game and so that meant she wasn't working. It was time to focus on other things, and prehaps the man infront of her would provide something else to do. She barely knew much about the city here, which was a shame but it was much different then New Zealand.

"The pleasure is mine, oh no just actually visiting." he said after a long sigh. Harold looked at the lady standing in front of her, she indeed looked beautiful. It's been almost more than a year since he was here, it felt weird in a way. Harold didn't know what to do about his life, he was twenty six and still unsure on how to handle his life after Elaine. Harold wasn't sure what to next, all he could do was stare at Fatima and smiled. "Do you wanna grab a coffee?" he asked her hoping Fatima wouldn't turn him down.

Fatima smiled at the man, she wasn't sure what it was but she was interested in getting to know him and why he seemed to be so distant yet still there, as if their was two sides of him. "Really? Same with me, for the Quidditch game actually," she said to him, giving hima reason as to why she was there. Of course she wasn't sure if the New Zealand accent ever gave her away as being an outsider here in England. Glancing at the watch on her wrist she realized she had plenty of free time before she needed to even think about starting to do any work or not. "Sure, though Tea sounds a bit better," she said with a wink to the man infront of her. He wasn't the type she usually went after which may be nice for a change, a friend would always be nice to have, and it could lead somewhere in the future.

When Harold heard the word Quidditch he felt thrilled inside. "Really?" I love Quidditch" he said to her as if sounding like teenager again. He loved sports and it always made an impact to his life. It was the only thing that he loved most other than his family. Harold smiled at her, as he offered his hand. He felt relieved that Fatima decided to come along with him. "Tea, it is." she said grinning at Fatima, as he was now leading the way. Harold wasn't sure where to go, it's been a year after all since he was here. Wandering his eyes, hoping Fatima was following him.They stumbled upon a small yet simple coffee shop. The sign wrote, "Coffee and Tea". Obviously it was the right place to be for the two. Harold entered still waiting for Fatima's reaction.

Fatima smiled at the man in front of her, it was always nice to meet fans of the sport. "Really? I write for the Daily Prophet on the Quidditch World Cup games, get to see almost every single game, but it's for work you know, no fun at all," she told him with a serious face before it broke into a smile. She was kidding of course, she enjoyed the games more then anything else in the world. Writing about them came pretty much easy peasy for her, her mind wasn't exactly photographic but she did keep a quill on hand during the game that wrote down her thoughts which she would then translate into an artical. Back in New Zealand she was pretty famous for her stories about the games though not many people on the street knew it was actually her in the flesh, but they knew of her. She never put a photo of herself with her name. She didn't want people to come asking and begging to be taken to games with her, it couldn't possible be down for everyone who asked. She followed him as they went to a coffee shop and it seemed to be perfectly named for their liking. It was a very nice simple little coffee shop, mostly filled with older women and gentlemen who came to enjoy their afternoon drinks in company of others. She smiled looking around at all the people, it certainly would be a place she would go to often if she lived in the area.

Harold felt more interested with the lady, sport and a beautiful lady in front of her was just much to take. He smiled enjoying her joke, Harold himself wasn't much of a talker. It was his partner who like to talk. But then again, before Elaine died he did loved to talk as his silent wife watched him. He wanted to have this again, a girl that will make him smile even without saying any word. There was something inside of Harold that envied Fatima, she had a job unlike Harold. He was jobless and unemployed, he still wasn't sure of what to do with his life. As his father wanted him to be continue being a teacher, but the muggle world made him felt angry and mad. Remembering every memory he had with his family, he stood there still realizing what was going to happen with his life.

Hopefully, sooner or later he'll be in a good place and in a good job. After he tries to move on from his past. Upon entering the room, his smile was still painted all over his face. "Shall we?" he stated pulling an empty chair while waiting for Fatima to take her seat. He was pretty much used of the idea pulling chairs of women.

Fatima smiled and said thank you as she sat down in the chair he pulled out for her. Looking over the different teas that were offered she smiled and ordered the simple English tea. She hadn't tasted it since the last time she was in England for a game which was actually quite along time. A few months at least, she thought as she pushed through all the games she was seen to figure out the last time she had been here. The weather now of course was suprisingly sunny, one of the prehaps 5 days it would be sunny for the year it always seemed. "So tell me, what kind of work do you do?" She asked curiously considering he knew what she did already.

Harold wasn't much of a tea person, he enjoyed coffee other than tea. As Fatima was done ordering, he then decided to have a Black Coffee. Glancing back at the lady he smiled once more, feeling lucky that she agreed to extend their talk more. As he heard the question, Harold became still as if he was frozen. There wasn't much to tell about him other than he just moved in and where wander lusting around Europe for a while. "Me? he said before taking a sip of his hot coffee. "I was a teacher years ago, currently unemployed." he continued. Harold didn't wanted to lie to her as he wanted to build up a truthful relationship with Fatima. After all, he was actually searching for some jobs. Even though a Professor at Hogwarts New Zealand suits him, he didn't wanted to be stressed out and most of all be flooded by school work.

Fatima glanced over at the man sitting across for her, he didn't seem the type to be inbetween jobs, but then again her mind would show her pictures of hobos to fit that description. "Really? Years ago? Are you dating yourself? NOw you can't be that old, anyways you could always find something at the Ministry I mean if you love Quidditch I'm sure there's openings here in England's ministry in the Journalist column, in fact I'm pretty sure there is one, but I could be wrong. But we'd see each other at all the games," she told him attaching alittle wink on the end. Even though she was getting closer and closer to the big three-O she still managed to keep some of her playful teen behavior in her for moments such as this.

The lady was probably thinking that he was pretty much jobless, Harold needed a job though actually he already applied a job at the ministry hopefully he'll be accepted. He loved New Zealand more that Europe, and that was the main reason why he decided to stay there for good. As he was thinking random thoughts about his soon to be future, he noticed Fatima looking at him and even asking questions. "Yeah. Dating myself? Why would I even date myself when I'm with myself all the time?" he teased though he quite confused with her questions. "Well, I can tell you that I'm not that old old. Actually I just applied a position there thought I'm not giving away what I've applied for as it is still after all not sure If I could get in." he told her with a wink at the end of his last word.

OOCOut of Character:
I don;t even know what I was thinking with that weird question she asked, lol. Sorry I must have been really out of it.

Fatima could almost feel her hands trying to reach for something to knock herself out with. She didn't even know why she had asked that question but she wouldn't have meant it in the way he took it anyway. Most likely the thought had been passing her mind just as she was talking and it blurted out as well. "Sorry I didn't meant that, I must really be out of it, all these late games and writing keep me up real late sometimes and weird things slip," she said shaking her head ready to put a spell on herself. "Well no matter your age the Ministry takes most people if they have an opening. So teacher would look good on a resume too, so you may beat everyone else out," she told him before taking a sip of her tea. She was still rather embarassed about her mouth and didn't feel comfortable still flirting till she calmed down, which would be when her ears weren't burning up anymore, good thing for her that she wore her hair covering them.

Harold gave out a slight laugh as he heard Fatima's words a bit sounding worried. "It's alright." he told her. "I do hope so, though hopefully someday I'll be back on my profession as Professor." Harold stated while deeply thinking when will that happen. Teaching was mainly his skill, he adored sharing his knowledge to the students, though being apart of the Ministry would be new and quite nice to experience. Harold then wandered his eyes looking for the clock as he forgot he was wearing his watch, and noticed that the two had been talking for almost an hour or so. Not that he was in a hurry or something actually he enjoyed Fatima's company.
OOCOut of Character:
Apologies for the short post, will make next reply longer then. :r

Users who are viewing this thread

Back