Wandering

Kyle Smith

Kyle woke up and decided to go down to the forest for a wander. It was spring but he pulled on a jumper just incase. He walked out to the forest where he hadnt been in a while, the sun was shining and it was quite a nice day. There wasnt a lot of wind and it wasnt cold. Kyle started to wander around but got bored of climbing trees and wondered where Emma was. He hadnt seen her since the last time when they were in the kitchens and thought that she had went back to staying in her dorm again. Kyle hoped someone would join him.

Emma had seemed to let all her work pile up on her again. She had waited until the last minute to do most of her homework assignments and boy was she paying for it. For a few days she basically never left the dorm other than classes as she tried to figure how to get everything done and doing bit by bit. Finally she only had a few more items to work with when she looked outside the window.

The sun was finally shining and spring had finally arrived. Emma sighed as she sat by the window and looked outside at the nice day greeting her. She had to go outside her work could wait for a bit out least. Emma put her items aside and pulled on a light jacket as she ran out of the dorm and common room.

She opened the castle doors and greeted the sun with a wide smile as she headed across the lawn and lakefront as she seemed to be drawn to the forest. Once in the forest which wasn't as light as the lawn or lakefront she looked around. Finally she noticed someone that Emma could have sworn was Kyle. Though she had thought about him a lot lately maybe her mind was just playing tricks being all stuck inside.

"Hey" Emma said determined to believe that it was Kyle.

Kyle turned round to see Emma and smiled. " Hey Emma.I havent seen you in ages what happened?"Kyle asked. He then remembered back to the promise that she had made to come out of her domr more often.

Emma smiled as she realized that it was indeed Kyle. What was her luck seriously that out of all places all minutes of the day that she met him out of all people. It was actually quite good luck. Maybe she would be lucky and be able to pull off finishing all her work. "I guess I just got a little caught up with all the work I was putting off" Emma said smiling

"I just need to learn how to balance everything or find someone to do all my work either way" Emma said flashing Kyle a smile. "So what have you been up to?" She asked.

" I would help you but i'd proberly get all the answers wrong because i wouldnt know any of your work." Kyle said grinng. " Nothing really, just wandering around as usual." He added." So what brings you out here?" Kyle asked.

Emma smiled "Psh that's what I get for hanging out with a first year" She said grinning though in an obvious jest the statement was made. "But wandering you're right that is nothing new with you" She added still teasing a bit. She looked around the forest it was still bright not as bright as out on the lawn but still nice and peaceful. The forest always seemed to be peaceful.

"I couldn't let this lovely day go by without enjoying it" Emma said smiling "But I don't know why I came into the forest I guess it just seemed like the place to go today" She said grinning. Emma went over and leaned against a near by tree. "So what brings you to the forest trying to get more detentions" Emma said smiling. She had remembered that Kyle said he got in trouble a lot.

Kyle pushed Emma playfully then said. " Just wandering again." When Emma leaned on the tree he walked over and stood next to her. " I havent had a detention in ages, i think that is because im hanging out with you, so i guess we are even." He said grinning.

Emma laughed a bit as Kyle playfully pushed her. "Oh I guess I am just such a good influence on you then" Emma said grinning. Though she wondered if she was a good influence and more so if he was. Though really Emma didn't care much. She was twelve for goodness sake didn't twelve year olds have at least a bit of fun from time to time.

"Maybe if you stick by me you'll never have another detention" Emma said teasing "But then the world may end as well. We don't want to mess with how everything works now do we" She teased.

" I need detentions but i am still staying with you." Kyle said grinning. If he had to he would stop getting detentions so he could stay and talk to Emma. " Anyway in think one month is long enough without any detentions. I used to get them every second day, so count yourself lucky." He joked.

A hint of happiness went right through Emma well maybe a bit more than happiness. She was happy that Kyle actually wanted to spend time with her but the thought that they were just friends was strong. She didn't want to do anything to mess that up for Emma didn't actually have too many friends. She wasn't willing to risk a great friendship for more....was she?

"I guess I should count myself lucky then" Emma said with a smile imprinted on her face. "So are you always such a loner?" Emma asked still smiling though. "I mean coming into the forest by yourself thats well something" Emma teased knowing very well that she had done the exact same thing.

Kyle smiled at Emma and when she said are you always such a loner he grinned even more. " I dont think so, im normally with Laura or Aiden." Kyle said and at the thought of Laura he could feel the smile on his face disappear,he hoped Emma didnt see it. " Well, if i am, why is a second year Hufflepuff standing right here. Not saying any names or anything." Kyle said then coughed saying Emmas name in between it.

Emma listened to Kyle as she leaned upon the tree that was actually more comfortable than it looked. "Then why do I always run into you when you are alone..."Emma began "Wait whats wrong" Emma asked seeing or at least she thought she saw Kyle's smile vanish for a bit. Was it that he mentioned Laura who Emma didn't even know. Maybe him and Laura were a thing. Oh that would depress Emma.

She smiled once more though "Well I was never in the forest alone. You were here before me" She teased.

" I dunno." Kyle said grinning. When Emma asked whats wrong Kyle looked at her and said. " Nothing." He didnt want to tell Emma about Laura incase she thought that they were still going out. Kyle liked Emma as more than a friend but didnt know how she felt. He also didnt want Laura to be upset that he had decided it would be best not to go out with anyone then seen him with Emma. Kyle didnt know what to do but couldnt help liking Emma more as he hung around with her. " Same thing." Kyle said then stuck his tounge out.

Emma shrugged off Kyle's answer as a smile still fitted her face. "If you don't want to tell me" She said in a voice full of obvious false betrayal. Though she knew that if Kyle didn't want to tell her he really didn't have to and she only hoped that Kyle could understand that. She found her tone of voice easy enough to understand anyway.

Though Emma stuck out her tougue in return "It is so not the same thing" She said "First years don't understand anything" She teased letting out a small laugh in the process.

When Emma said this he knew that she wasnt really bothered if he told or not so decided he would. " Well you proberly know that me and Laura OcConnor were going out and well we both decided it was best if we didnt. Also things are really complicated at the moment." He explained." Oh thanks very much.You know second years are worse because when you get older you become less smart." Kyle said grinning.

Emma listened as Kyle explained about Laura. Actually she hadn't heard that they were going out though suddenly inside she was glad that they weren't anymore. That meant Kyle was free and single....right? Sadly Emma had never known the difficulties of a break for she had never experienced the wonders of an relationship. Could you blame her she was only twelve after all. Though something about Kyle was special. Somehow he made her feel like she was so much older yet at the same time still a kid. It was more than wonderful.

"Well I hope everything is working out" Emma said trying to hide the fact that she was happy that Laura and Kyle broke up. A smile then formed on Emma's lips. "Second Years are Smarterer than first years" Emma said laughing in the process. She knew quite well that smarterer was not a word though it was actually quite amusing to say.

" Oh im fine, im not to sure about Laura though." Kyle said trying to reme,ber the last time he had seen Laura. " How are you, you didnt even know that Stupedfy was to summon something and Accio was to frezze something." Kyle said with a grin on his face. He knew that it was actually the other way round but decided to say it.

Emma let out a giggle. "I guess maybe you may be right or maybe I may have just lost a few brain cells hanging out with a first year" Emma teased though a smile remained on her face the entire time as if it was always going to be there forever. "But I say that losing a few brain cells is entirely worth it" Emma said and she meant it even though she knew that her brain cells were not being lost with every second she was hanging out with Kyle though her shyness have been the thing going. Which in all reality was a good thing.

" Course its my fault." Kyle said grinning then looked at the tree he was leaning on. " I wonder what it would be like to climb this." He said. Kyle grabbed onto the branch and climbed up to the top and called down. " Coming up?"

Emma smiled as she watched Kyle climb the tree. "I'm coming but if I fall and break something I blame you" She teased as she reached up and grabbed the closest branch. Luckily she was wearing jeans and flats for this would have been more difficult. Well it was actually quite difficult as she reached and grabbed and climbed but finally she made it up to Kyle and looked about then back down at the ground. They were high but not scary high at least. "I have to say I do not climb trees often" Emma said looking around a bit more "But the few is nice maybe I should try it more" She said smiling.

Kyle waited for Emma to climb the tree when she did he said. " You should it gets easier every time and the Professors arent as likely to find you." He added the last bit with a grin. Kyle then remembered about the day in the kitchens when they were caught by the Professor. " Oh about that day in the kitchens after curfew, i really didnt mean to get you into trouble." Kyle said with a smile, he meant every word.

"Oh yes this would have been a great spot to hide if only there were trees inside the school" Emma said with a smile laugh and a smile. The last and first run in with a professor occured when she was with Kyle though really she didn't mind. She got out of it rather clean and with a feeling that she had actually not been a goodie goodie all her life. Though deep down she wasn't so far from that level.

"I know you didn't mean you get anyone in trouble" Emma said looking over at him "You were just being you" She added "Though somehow it seemed like you wanted to get in trouble" She said flashing a wider smile in his direction.

" I wasnt really bothered about getting into trouble and i love annoying the Professors especially Tom Fletcher because he's new. And yes you can call me mean if you like." Kyle said with a grin. He had enjoyed the night in the kitchen.

Emma grinned "I could tell" Emma said though in a way she felt bad for the new Professor. He had seemed so nice and he hadn't gotten them in trouble. That meant her chance of becoming prefect was still there .....if she even had one. Emma wasn't even sure about that anymore.

"He seemed nice though the Professor" Emma said smiling though she didn't mind how Kyle acted "It was just uber hard to keep myself from laughing" Emma said grinning as she swung her legs as she sat in the tree.

" You should see the amount of detentions he gives out. ive had two of him. Aiden has had one and so has Bella and Steph." Kyle said with a grin. " He is proberly just fed up of giving me them." He joked with a grin. " He is also known as Professor Death Eater Fletcher." Kyle added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back