Wandering

"Peanut butter" Wednesday repeated as she put her hand to her chin and tapped as if she was in thinking mode. The taste of the butterbeer was fresh as if she had it only moments before. Though really it was just for the taste was so new to the this eleven year old hufflepuff that it would remain with her for awhile.

"I don't think mine tasted like peanut butter" Finally Wednesday said "But I bet I will be having more and if I find a peanut butter flavoring in any one of them I will let you know" She said as she pushed back a piece of her hair behind her ear her long earrings making a small bell noise as the hit against one another.

Darren looked at Hallie and laughed but when he thought about it, they did a little."I suppose." He said then watched as people passed by them.

Hallie laughed, it sounded a bit nuts. Butterbeers tasting like peanuts, but to her it did!
"Anyone thinking of trying out for the Quidditch teams?" She asked, she was trying to keep conversation but stay off the subject of.. subjects!

When Darren thought that the butterbeer tasting a bit like peanut butter, Wednesday shrugged. "Maybe I am just the odd one then" She said grinning though. It was much of an understatement. Of coarse she was the odd one but she hadn't meant it exactly in that form. She meant more along the lines of the butterbeer tasting.

Wednesday looked about to see people passing. She wondered where they all were going and why most of them were rushing. There was so much to see in this magical world and most of them were just passing it by. In reality it was sad but Wednesday was never sad so she tried to push the thought out of her mind.

As the topic of qudditch came into play though Wednesday looked at Hallie. "Sure why not" She said absentmindedly though she smiled slightly "Though may I ask what quidditch is"

"Yes,i cant wait.My dad has told me so much about Quidditch.What about you?"Darren asked smiling then turned to Wednesday and explained."Well you use your broom and fly through hoops, there is a snitch that you have to try and catch but you have to avoid the bludgers."

"Bludgers, Snitch, Hoops, And a broom" Wednesday repeated trying to picture the game in her head though it was a total lost. She had no clue what a Bludger was but it sounded mean. A snitch was someone that told on you. Right? Maybe not in the wizarding world. She knew very well what a hoop was. Wednesday loved to hula hoop and she was rather good at it. And then there was the whole flying on a broom. Boy that would be an intersting game. She would just hope that she could figure it out.

"Yeah same" Hallie said grinning at Darren, "My Dad tried to teach me but hes not that good so i mostly taught myself from reading books and stuff, I can't wait to flying lessons either!" She said, and listened as Darren explained Quidditch to Wednesday.

Darren grinned and said."Thats terrible saying your dads not good at quidditch."He was joking and hoped Hallie would known that.

Wednesday listened as Hallie said she learned mostly from reading books. "They have books on this" She said almost too excitedly. She jumped up a few times just for the fun before calming down to her normal hyper self. "I must read a few of them. I mean I can't look like a complete clueless newbie" Wednesday said grinning.

She looked at the group around her wondering if she was talking too much for her own good. Lauren hadn't said something in awhile but both Hallie and Darren seemed ok. Maybe Wednesday wasn't completely hopeless with being social

Hallie laughed at Darren's joke and as Wednesday got all excited about being able to read books on Quidditch. "It's really straight forward once you know about all the rules and moves and balls!" She told her with a cheery smile.

Wednesday smiled as Darren said she would learn soon enough. "I do hope so" She said thinking about how many books she was going to have to take out of the library to help her learn how to play quidditch. "Well at least it is something new to try" Wednesday said thinking about actually riding on a broom in the air. Can that be safe She wondered though said nothing of the sort.

Darren smiled and thought of something to say."Have you all got your items in for school starting?"He asked.

"I have most of mine, I just need to get my work robes and Cauldron, you?" Hallie asked, and being first to answer the 'you?' was directed at both Wednesday and Darren!

Wednesday thought about all her shopping that she had done and still some that she had to do. "Let's just say I'm working on it" Wednesday said grinning hoping that she could be able to get it finished soon enough. Though it took so long for her to shop. Anyway it was going to be ok. She had time before school.

"Yeah I guess I do have some time" Wednesday said grinning as she noticed Lauren seemed quiet still. "So what do you all do for fun around her?" Wednesday asked. She wondered if they went shopping, out to eat, skateboarding. It mattered per area and Wednesday being new around here really wasn't sure. But the sooner she found out the better.

Hallie smiled. "Well I used to live in Australia" She told them, she had a heavy Australian accent. "But I moved to London last week so it's a bit different there than it is in Australia and here! I love surfing and swimming and shopping and everything really" She answered her with a shrug. "How about you?" She asked in return.

Darren listened as the girls spoke then said."Wow, you used to live on Australia.Whats it like there?" He had heard about it but had never been before and his dad had only took him to Spain on holiday.

"It's amazing" Hal answered Darren, "I loved it there, It's like nearly always warm, theres loads of beaches, shops... its just amazing" She told him with a grin. She couldn't think of enough words to describe Australia, she loved it there and missed it! "How about you, were do you live?" She asked him.

Wednesday listened as the two of them, Darren and Hallie, spoke. "Surfing is the best" Wednesday said smiling brightly as she remembered when her father first taught her how to surf. "I remember I went on a vacation with my family for two months to Australia. I swear my father and I surfed the entire time" She said thinking of the fond memories. Her best friend came to. Though the seperation between her and her friend was almost too fresh to even say her name.

"But I wish there were beaches here" Wednesday said more to herself than anything. "I hear they have a nice lake at hogwarts though" She added her positive view point on life coming through as it always seemed to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back