Wandering

Lauren Casey

Lauren walked out to Brightstone village glad that most of her supplies for school starting where bought. She continued walking and watched as people ran past her trying to get their supplies before school, it was quite a funny sight. Lauren seen a bench and decided to have a break from shopping, she took a seat and looked out at the view, the sun was shining and there was no wind around. Lauren took her list out of her pocket to see what she was still to get, she smiled as she realised that it was only a cauldron and her work robes, she placed the list back into her pocket and hoped someone would join her.

Hallie walked out of Gladrags Wizardwear, her hands full of bags, and decided to take a seat for a while. Spotting a bench near she made her way over to it, realising there was already a girl her age sitting there. "Hey, Mind if I sit here?" She asked the girl with a cheery smile.

Lauren smiled at the girl and said."Sure, take a seat. Im Lauren." She looked at thye girl and remembered she had seen her at the sorting ceremony but couldnt remember what house she was in."So, what house did you get into?" Lauren asked smiling.

Hallie grinned, "Hey Lauren, I'm Hallie, Hal for short" she told her. Then she realised she had heard that name before and thought Lauren must have been at the sorting. "Gryffindor" Hal answered her with a grin, "How about you?".

"Hufflepuff. So, are you glad to be in Griffindor or was there another house you wanted to be in?"Lauren asked wondering if everyone was happy with their house.

"Yeh I'm really happy with it" Hallie replied with a grin. "I mean i wasn't bothered what house i was in, but I love Gryffindor, you?" She asked in return.

"Yeah im glad to be in Hufflepuff. Have you noticed there are lots of Slytherins around." Lauren said smiling.

Darren was getting a few items from the shops and couldnt wait to get his wand, that was the main thing he wanted, everything else didnt matter that mcuh to him. He couldnt wait to start his lessons and he had been told of his dad that his favourite would be charns. Darren continued down the street when he seen two girls he noticed from the sorting ceremony, he didnt know their names or what house they were in but needed to make friends so walked over to them and said."Hey im Darren. Is it alright if i join you both?"

Wednesday had actually gotten some of her supplies. Though it took so long for her to do so. Who could blame her though? there was so much around. So many interesting things. So much to watch so much to see. This young muggleborn couldn't imagine doing anything else but observing. Though when she saw a group of people, Wednesday got another idea. Maybe she could socialize. Though she had only met one person and that was Jake, Wednesday really needed to meet people, other people, as well.

She skipped over to the group her long earrings in the shapes of stars bouncing as she skipped. Once reaching the group she stopped and flashed a smile, her white teeth showing brightly. "Hey" She said refraining from saying Loves. Wednesday usually called just about everyone love and to her dismay people found that rather odd. It wasn't a habit she was going to break but just put off until people got to know her.

"Mind one more person?" She asked

Lauren noticed a boy and said."Hey, sure.Im Lauren." Just as she was about to ask what house he had gotten into another girl joined."Sure, im Lauren."She said again and smiled."So, what house did you both get into?" Lauren asked then looked over at Hallie who had been quite for a while.

"Oh joy" Wednesday said in her over excited voice. Finally more people she could talk to. "Nice to meet you Lauren" She said smiling at the girl that had spoken first. "My name is Wednesday" She said knowing that it wasnt' a common enough name but it was able to be remembered. After all it was a day in the week. Just thank goodness that she wasn't named Monday. Now that would be awful.

"I'm in Hufflepuff" Wednesday said grinning from ear to ear her bright white teeth shining. "And you?" Wednesday asked as she awaited everyone's answer. She slightly bounced on the balls of her feet. She was extremely hyper but really that was just how Wednesday was.

"Another Hufflepuff" Wednesday said her voice high. "I have to say you are the first I have met" She managed out as she just wanted to hug him. Though it was a known fact that people didn't like random people hugging them. It didn't make much sense to Wednesday but she had to try to fit in a bit at least. Maybe later on when people knew her she would be able to be going around skipping and giving random people hugs. Maybe she would even be able to get out that Free Hugs shirt that she seemed to love so much.

As Lauren said she too was in Hufflepuff Wednesday jumped up slightly "Wonderful" She said grinning "Two hufflepuffs in one day. Why aren't I productive" She said

"Though I was just shopping a bit, wondering, doing my own little thing" Wednesday said smiling. She was overjoyed that she had met more people. Though she really had no clue what they thought of her. She may have really just met people who think she was way too far out there. That wouldn't be something new though.

Wednesday wasn't sure if the question was directed at her though she wasn't one to not speak. It was just something that she couldn't do, be quiet. Even when her and her best friend would have parties and sleepovers they would talk all night. How Wednesday missed that. Now she was as far away from her best friend as possible. It was odd to be away from her. If only Wednesday would realize that she wasn't as far away as she thought.

"Actually I've met a boy named Jake but besides that I've been a bit of a loner" Wednesday explained. She actually hated to be a loner but really she couldn't help it if she was. Trust her she tried to make friends though that was probably the problem.

Lauren grinned and said."Oh Jake, yeah he is in Ravenclaw right?" She had met him once or twice when she was talking to James.

Hallie had been busy searching through her bags for a caludron cake, and she hadn't even noticed two more people join her and Lauren until she had looked up. After that she had just been listening until it had gone quiet enough for her to say, "Hey I'm Hallie, Hal for short" With a grin!

Wednesday smiled as Lauren said she knew Jake "Yep his in ravenclaw. Nice guy" She said thinking of her only friend at the moment. Though she was hoping that as time went on she would find and make more. As the one girl spoke, Wednesday found her name to be Hallie. "Well hello Hallie Nice to meet you." Wednesday said.

"I'm Wednesday nothing for short though" Wednesday said never being able to figure out what could be short for Wednesday.

Darren sat and listened to the conversation until Hallie said her name."Nice to meet you Hallie, im Darren."He said smiling then asked."What house did you get into?"

"Hey Darren, Hey Wednesday, Nice to meet you's!" Hal told them both with a grin.
"I'm In Gryffindor" She answered Darren, "And you's are in Huflepuff, right?" She asked, hoping she had heard correctly.

Wednesday returned Hallie's greeting with a wide smile. "A gryffindor" Wednesday repeated. "now I just have to meet a Slytherin and I have met at least one person per house" Wednesday admitted though she was hoping to meet more than just one more person. She wanted to meet loads. Wednesday loved to be social even if her ways were quite odd.

"And yeah I'm in Hufflepuff" She said proudly. It was not the house of her choice or was it? Actually Wednesday had considered each house none seeming to fit her just right. maybe it was for Wednesday never fit just right. Though the talking, singing, sorting hat thought that Hufflepuff was the place for her so be it.

Darren nodded and said."Yes."He thought about if he knew Jake or not."I dont think i know him."He answered.

"know who?" Wednesday asked at first not having a clue to who Darren was referring to. Though in the matter of seconds it clicked. She shook her head slightly in her own little mix up. "Oh Jake" She said. "Well he's a great guy" She began "First to befriend me actually and taught me a few of these confusing wizarding foods. Gosh I go into a cafe for a soda pop and gosh I order something called a butterbeer" She said grinning.

Hallie smiled and then laughed at Wednesday. "Butterbeers are great!" She said, her brown eyes sparkling, she loved how they made you feel all warm inside. "Does anyone else think they taste a bit like peanut butter?" She asked, ever since her first Butterbeer she had been sure it tasted like Peanut butter, but her mum had assured her it wasn't used to make them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back